Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 11:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 5:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4233post #63481 of 1387282/17/13 at 11:22pmpost #63482 of 1387282/17/13 at 11:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Still got a TON of stuff to list, but these are a few things from this weekend + a few other items that were thirfted by fellow members and sent over to list
This one is a discount store pickup for $30NWT Polo Ralph Lauren AWESOME Madras Patch Pockets Cotton Sport Coat (Click to show)
A few items that were thrifted but sent over on consignment.VTG AUSTIN REED Light Gray Plaid POW Check (Click to show)
lol, the store near my house has one for $100. I'm waiting for a price drop. I was gonna cop but realized that's way too flashy even for my taste.post #63483 of 1387282/17/13 at 11:24pm
Hey, random lurker here. I made my way to SF thrift stores yesterday with some friends and bought up all my young professional shirts in about 30 minutes (which consisted of 7 brook brothers mainline slim fit shirts for like 30 bucks all together, I was happy). Anyway what I was happy about was I popped my Zegna cherry with...
Granted, I'm not sure what I'll ever wear this with.
As far as Zegna goes also, not just one piece but.....
This probably doesn't seem like a big deal to other people, but I'm pretty happy with my fortune of finding a "higher end" brand. I'm also still learning the differences between a sport coat and suit jacket and I'm going to assume that this is a suit jacket? If it is then I'm kind of bummed out because I couldn't spend the time to find the matching bottoms since my friends were waiting on me...
I also got...
Happy thrifting!post #63484 of 1387282/17/13 at 11:40pm
Nikon D3100, but honestly its all about the light more then the camera IMOQuote:
Thanks and yea. It was a Brooks Brothers 346 jacket. I think he really didnt like the quality after he got it and said the "check" color was darker in the pictures... oh well. I took it backpost #63485 of 1387282/18/13 at 12:19ampost #63486 of 1387282/18/13 at 1:39ampost #63487 of 1387282/18/13 at 3:26am
Can someone repost it? Meanwhile, I'll offer up something I mentioned last night. Having come back from a trip to the Goodwill where I found the Paul Smith Jeans seersucker shirt for $2.50, SWMBO came home with TWO STUFFED BAGS for less than a C note! Nothing terribly special but she was happy but there was one sweater looked like it had pink nail polish on one sleeve.
My daughter, who scored well on her own with some nice outerwear, put both my shirt and the sweater with the stains in a bucket of hot (from the stove) water, half a bottle of hydrogen peroxide and around a quarter cup of Dawn dish washing detergent.
Nail polish and ring around the collar were both GONE, this morning!post #63488 of 1387282/18/13 at 4:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
This one is a discount store pickup for $30
NWT Polo Ralph Lauren AWESOME Madras Patch Pockets Cotton Sport Coat (Click to show)Quote:post #63489 of 1387282/18/13 at 4:44amQuote:
Was it shrinkage or is that just Paul Smith sizing? I found a cool M, was stoked...then put it on back at home. If it was an S in real life that would be exaggerating. A thrift I go to has an XL I was going to pick up but...collar fraying. I should go and try it on -- and then we'd know.post #63490 of 1387282/18/13 at 5:00ampost #63491 of 1387282/18/13 at 5:16amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPokerQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
This one is a discount store pickup for $30
NWT Polo Ralph Lauren AWESOME Madras Patch Pockets Cotton Sport Coat (Click to show)Quote:post #63492 of 1387282/18/13 at 6:31ampost #63493 of 1387282/18/13 at 8:00amGreat finds esp. by csouklis (Kiton!) and da Greek.
Kinda boring outfit today but 1) I have to work on President's day and 2) it's mostly all thrifted.
OCBD E zegna L/S sleeve shirt (thrifted by me), Trafalgar belt (thrifted by me), olive/brown PRLblue cords (thrifted by me just last week, i think) Florsheim shell PTBs (acquired from Atljohn!).post #63494 of 1387282/18/13 at 8:31amQuote:Originally Posted by sn0wman
Beautiful cabinet. Sure you can do something cool with it. I recently ended up in Camden, NJ where the RCA Victor plant was that made these (and old folks like Perry Como recorded music). Basically, I do NOT recommend thrifting there.. Actually, I do NOT recommend getting out of your car there unless you have a private security detail...
I went there for a 2 night run of Phish shows at the "E" Center back in the early 2000's. I've got some interesting stories from that trip, to say the least.post #63495 of 1387282/18/13 at 8:57am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 22 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › PRADA GORE-TEX 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding