or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4212

post #63166 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

I do not see such a big deal over your name. If you created a Linkedin account, your full name and profile will be there as well. I have had full exposure due to being an academic and knock on wood I have not had a debt collection agency knocking on my door with $50K in credit card fees thanks to a fraudster.

It is not terribly smart to use your full name on a public forum, but all the same, a data thief would probably think your name Ian Erickson would be an alias anyhow. It has a nice ring to it and it is not an embarrassing name like Gaylord Van Dickwad.

I assumed he wanted his name wiped because he mentioned using drugs and doing other things us young people like to do once or twice.
post #63167 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

I assumed he wanted his name wiped because he mentioned using drugs and doing other things us young people like to do once or twice.

Oh I see, in case his school of choice do a background check and stumble onto this forum to read a particular said comment on some far back page. The chance of that happening though is nil pwa. Nobody will be thorough to the point in a background check to read all his posts here. He will largely be safe as long as he meets expectations grade wise. In any case, Ian could just backtrack and delete his comments that appear incriminating. Anyone quoting that said comment, he could ask them to delete their comment. At most one or two could have quoted him on that occasion.
post #63168 of 125472
Brooks Brother Merino full-zip vest and a Luciano Barbera dress shirt. Both my size! This was my second Barbera shirt with the same pattern...


Edited by Fueco - 2/14/13 at 8:35pm
post #63169 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

I do not see such a big deal over your name. If you created a Linkedin account, your full name and profile will be there as well. I have had full exposure due to being an academic and knock on wood I have not had a debt collection agency knocking on my door with $50K in credit card fees thanks to a fraudster.

It is not terribly smart to use your full name on a public forum, but all the same, a data thief would probably think your name Ian Erickson would be an alias anyhow. It has a nice ring to it and it is not an embarrassing name like Gaylord Van Dickwad.

I assumed he wanted his name wiped because he mentioned using drugs and doing other things us young people like to do once or twice.

 

A quick PM to a mod would likely get a wholesale name change to whatever suits him.

post #63170 of 125472
Ian: I don't thing getting banned hides your posts/name. I notice banned users' posts on old threads often.

You could at least delete pics/erase content from posts that show your face/talk about your location, so no one can ID you.

FWIW, I tried to get my username changed (just don't like it) and never got a response. Mods would probably be more sympathetic to your case.
post #63171 of 125472
Can someone explain the comic to me? I don't get it... plain.gif
post #63172 of 125472
You can't edit posts older than 2 weeks.
post #63173 of 125472
Somehow I erased a bunch of 6-month-old posts a while back. Functionality must have changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

You can't edit posts older than 2 weeks.
post #63174 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Can someone explain the comic to me? I don't get it... plain.gif

 

Someone berated Ian. Someone else defended him. The "berator" was markedly harsh. You'll have to reread the last few pages to get the references.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

FWIW, I tried to get my username changed (just don't like it) and never got a response. Mods would probably be more sympathetic to your case.

 

Ack, so much for my advice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

You can't edit posts older than 2 weeks.

 

And so much for everybody else's as well. :(

post #63175 of 125472
Evil Abed: Those Oxxfords are fantastic.

Typhoid Jones: Good to see you back. That haul was desk-flip worthy.
post #63176 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

Somehow I erased a bunch of 6-month-old posts a while back. Functionality must have changed.

It did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Someone berated Ian. Someone else defended him. The "berator" was markedly harsh. You'll have to reread the last few pages to get the references.

Thanks. Got so far behind in the thread that I just started scanning for pictures, must have missed it.
post #63177 of 125472

how do I contact a moderator?

post #63178 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

how do I contact a moderator?

at midnight start a bonfire and dance until sunrise wearing a pair of shell cordovan Aldens. When the sun rises, sacrifice the Aldens and rub the ashes on your body, and a moderator will appear to you.
post #63179 of 125472

AppleMark

NWT 42 R

post #63180 of 125472
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post


at midnight start a bonfire and dance until sunrise wearing a pair of shell cordovan Aldens. When the sun rises, sacrifice the Aldens and rub the ashes on your body, and a moderator will appear to you.

thank you based god

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread