I think they are out of their freaking mind!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4199post #62971 of 1387282/13/13 at 11:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62972 of 1387282/13/13 at 11:30ampost #62973 of 1387282/13/13 at 11:35ampost #62974 of 1387282/13/13 at 11:52amNot sure if I should have picked this up or not...
80/20 wool/cashmere tagged 42. A bit above normal thrift prices and one of the patch pockets would need the top re-stitched
Anyway also passed on some other stuff; a brooks bros duffle tagged large, looke to be real horn toggles, a pair of lincs dc &co salvidge chinos tagged 34 and a Barney's rain jacket tagged 42 long, was only like $10. I can proxy if anyone is interstedpost #62975 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:00pm
Nice to see that duffle working out for you.Quote:Originally Posted by eazye
Couple fit pics, first vintage J Crew made in England blackwatch duffle w/ real horn buttons! From Pepe le Spoo
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Vintage Horse blanket coat from Wes
Etro coat that I found last summer and finally had tailored. I usually wear a s-m and this was originally an XXL!!!! Had the sleeves taken in at the shoulders by about 5 inches and the entire body taken in a bunch. She did a really great job, I can't even tell there was any work done to it. I might take it back to have the skirt area taken in a little more, or not, I haven't decided.
Deets: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
edit: might have to get my goth ninja on with this one.
It's insane when thrifts price items above ebay, even when they sell as-is, with no warranty, no guarantee that the item even works when you buy it, or even that the item is authentic. I don't think I've ever seen a 4-figure item in a thrift, that's insane.
Quote:Originally Posted by tubby34
Hit up the thrift before classes. What do you think? I need a watch. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #62976 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:13pmpost #62977 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:14pmpost #62978 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:16pm
Votes are in....
Bummer no SF memberspost #62979 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:19pmpost #62980 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:26pm
My first MMM!
Check out the weird placket:
These look like familiar Brioni tags, but seem a bit off. Perhaps not.
They had another Brioni that would need the treatment for just over $11, an ugly Borelli and an LB that looked nice. All in the same size. I'll go back tomorrow to get them, perhaps.
And this is from the weekend. Donegal Tweed from the mid 70s. I thought someone here might want it.
I also found a bespoke Lesley and Roberts (Cork Street) 2 button pinstripe navy suit from 1969 made for an ASR Williamson, Esq. There's some work to be done (mostly tiny holes that could easily be fixed), but I didn't get it because the pockets are besom and it's unvented. Looking at the pic I snapped though, it seems, um, pretty "timeless."
It think it was a 42 R. $20. I should probably go get it.
Lesley and Roberts quick research:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)http://www.lesleyandroberts.com/index.html
Edited by ATLjon - 2/13/13 at 12:55pmpost #62981 of 1387282/13/13 at 12:27pm
Yeah, the thrifts around here love watches too...
I've found a Timex Ironman watch and a Garmin GPS device both priced almost as high as I can find them in stores or on Ebay. I think I'll wait until the next sale to get a new running watch...post #62982 of 1387282/13/13 at 1:26pmpost #62983 of 1387282/13/13 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Votes are in....
Bummer no SF members
Hey, do you have to show your face to be in the running on that contest? Can I do a Quasi-Spoo pose?post #62984 of 1387282/13/13 at 2:05pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 18 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 22 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...