It's not us, it's that damn song....what was it again? The cold-ass honkey song?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 1/15/17 at 12:25pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 1/14/17 at 3:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4186post #62776 of 1387282/11/13 at 7:37ampost #62777 of 1387282/11/13 at 7:50ampost #62778 of 1387282/11/13 at 8:07ampost #62779 of 1387282/11/13 at 8:15ampost #62780 of 1387282/11/13 at 8:17amThe lady and I made a last minute decision Saturday morning to see what a couple smaller towns about an hour and a half south of us had to offer. Struck out most places but found the following at one stop:
Bullock & Jones Cashmere Blend. Medium.
A couple of vintage winter coats in my size (debating if I need any extra winter coats in my life)
Also a Burberry button down for ebay. Struck out everywhere else but at least got to enjoy my favorite pizza place in southern Minnesota so it's ok.post #62781 of 1387282/11/13 at 8:36amQuote:
Yeah, there was a lady DJ on a Balto hip hop radio station raving about the song. They announced they were going to play it for a half hour ahead of time. They had to bleep out a lot of the lyrics.
I wasn't too impressed.post #62782 of 1387282/11/13 at 8:38am
Thrift fit, mountain man edition...
This is above Yosemite Valley on Saturday evening. We did an overnight snowshoe backpacking trip out to Dewey Point.
Wool Hat from New Zealand (not thrifted)
Mountain Hardwear Down Jacket (courtesy of Nataku)
REI Schoeller Pants (clearance sale)
OR Gaiters (clearance sale)
Raichle mountain boots (EBay)post #62783 of 1387282/11/13 at 8:43amQuote:Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Hey Wes, from my readings, Ralph Lauren made their own Polos in their states factories from 70's to 90's until Corn. got the contract. I was wondering about this too until I read this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/0_100
I seem to remember there being a fairly detailed discussion of the early years of PRL contracting and manufacturing in the Ralph biography Genuine Authentic by Michael Gross. I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head, and I don't have the book, but if anyone does it'd be worth looking it up.post #62784 of 1387282/11/13 at 9:00amQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
The rest of my weekends finds in the morning....but for all of you late-nighters....I sign off with this little number.
PRL (Corneliani) Wool and Cashmere Flannel. 42R 35/30
This is goddamn beautiful. Wow.
Thrift fit for todaypost #62785 of 1387282/11/13 at 9:23am
Since I found time between work an thrifting. Running into Friskydingo in a GW helped get me back, too.
I'm going to try to get a "best of" post on here with pictures of all the good things I've found since I moved to the Pacific NW.post #62786 of 1387282/11/13 at 10:12amHad to go out today. Found some eBay fodder, all available. Oddly popped my Versace cherry with the tie, then literally in the next store found a navy Versace jacket. Slight mothholes, not sure if an orphan, but didn't have to do any debating as it was $65.
Also popped my Robert Graham cherry, lets see how that works out.post #62787 of 1387282/11/13 at 10:49amJust passed on a RLPL full navy pinstripe suit. $150 and rather ugly in my opinion. I did however pick up a vintage Jansport made in the USA hiking backpack for my wife for our trip to Montana and Glacier National Park this spring. Pics when she gets back into town with the camera.post #62788 of 1387282/11/13 at 11:11amthis weekend's theme song Aerosmith - Back in the saddle
I will have pics to upload tonight hopefully. Had a great weekend thrifting now that work has slowed down a bit and i have the time.
Discount store finds-
5x NWT Drakes cashmere ties
1 nwt PRL regent custom fit dress shirt
1 nwt PRL navy polka dotted pocket square
1 nwt BB 346 gray flanned trousers flat front no cuffs, slim cut
1 nwt etro linen pocket square
1 nwt etro tie
uber recent Brioni glen plaid sport coat 3/2 roll side vent 90% wool/10% cashmere
brioni sport woll trousers
recent canali medium blue pinstriped super 120s suit. flat front pants 3 button/side vent
borelli dress shirt
eton cutaway collar bright green/blue striped dress shirt
brooks brothers plaid wool.cashmere sport coat. 3/2, side vent, suede elbows
brooks brothers casual sport coat, chocolate brown, feels like jersey cotton. patch pockets 3/2, side vent
bad ass vintage dunhill plaid sport coat
dior homme tie
recent zegna tie
charvet thick silver silk tie
andrews ties thick silk tie
couple robert graham wild skeet blankets
mamas and pappas live at the monterey pop festival
couple sammy davis jr albums
the hangover movie poster for a friend.
Im sure theres more, thats just what i recall off the top of my headpost #62789 of 1387282/11/13 at 11:15ampost #62790 of 1387282/11/13 at 11:34am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 20 seconds ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Solid navy Hardy Amies suit (by Raffaele Caruso), size 40L / 50L... 4 minutes ago
- › Samuelsohn M2M Suit. Gable. 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...