Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4184
Styleforum Top Pickspost #62747 of 1387282/10/13 at 4:16pmpost #62748 of 1387282/10/13 at 4:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by HansderHund
I can't tell by that photo, but I remember your other photo and they looked like croc. Now, whether they're actually croc or not, I'll admit that I'm not an expert. I own a couple of pairs, but nothing in black.
By the way, thank you for posting in a manner that makes it easy to quote/remove unnecessary information
thank you sir. There are some numbers inside the shoe, so I thought maybe I'd be able to consult a chart like you guys do to see if a shoe is shell cordovan, but I don't know if there's a J&M chart or an exotic leather chart.post #62749 of 1387282/10/13 at 4:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by HansderHund
I don't think this was exactly what I was looking for, but it will do:
I know there's some cashmere in here because of the feel test next to an actual 100% cashmere jacket I have, and they feel the same to me. The burn test won't say "blend" or "100%." But thanks for trying!post #62750 of 1387282/10/13 at 4:26pmOfficially my worst day of thrifting ever went to like 10 stores and logged tons of miles and tj Maxx and Marshall's and I found were 3 ties (only picked up the talbot because it is patchwork and i thought someone on here woulld want it...)
Also my friend picked up some varvatos mainline pants for personal consumption...post #62751 of 1387282/10/13 at 4:33pmQuote:
My pleasure! Short of using a GC-MS, it will be hard to certify something as "cashmere" without the label. If you're trying to find out for flipping, I've come to realize that a short explanation to your customers usually convinces them. I will tell someone "I can't be 100% certain that this is 100% cashmere, but based on the fact that I've felt hundreds of cashmere jackets, I'm fairly convinced that this is at least part cashmere."post #62752 of 1387282/10/13 at 4:35pmQuote:
I can't help you there, but those look like either 'gator or croc.post #62753 of 1387282/10/13 at 5:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I hit 2 places yesterday, and because I was pressed for time, never got to spend the time I normally like to spend. Still, I think I made out pretty good.
Boss wool/cashmere SC, heading for consignment. Still had a dry cleaning tag on it dated 2010.
I currently have a few Pendleton items up on ebay that are getting some interest. So I thought I'd take a chance on another one. This is a wool (woven, not knit) cardigan.
Aran sweater, S or XS. Probably a women's.
True vintage shawl collar wool cardigan with mechanic's style neck. I put this probably late-1950s to early-1960s. Made in Canada and no CA number nor any French to be seen on the tag so definitely pre-mid-1970s.
Burberry Brit knit cardigan/jacket with zipper and buttons. Not a bad piece but a little ostentatious with the buttons and the epaulets.
Not one but two Gloveralls in classic camel.
Prada monk straps. Rubber soles, but I'm sure will have no problem moving on ebay. I'm not sure why this picture is so small...
A bit outside my comfort zone but I got some help from mjt73106 when I was in the field yesterday. Vasque hiking boots, Made in Italy, in 7 1/2.
These have been popping up all over the place, recently.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thrift fit with one of the RLPL suits I posted a couple weeks ago. Jacket is a touch snug.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That's a great fit, as usual.Quote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
Officially my worst day of thrifting ever went to like 10 stores and logged tons of miles and tj Maxx and Marshall's and I found were 3 ties (only picked up the talbot because it is patchwork and i thought someone on here woulld want it...)
Also my friend picked up some varvatos mainline pants for personal consumption...
Did that VV tie cost you $7, too?post #62754 of 1387282/10/13 at 5:10pmpost #62755 of 1387282/10/13 at 5:23pm
Hey Polo gurus. Any idea who made the US made polo suits and such in the beginning? I never even realized the Polo label went back that far until I found this yesterday.
Saw Spoo had one a month ago or so....except without the insane lapels. Fully Canvassed, Pick Stitched, Dual Vent.post #62756 of 1387282/10/13 at 5:58pmQuote:That's gorgeous!Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
... True vintage shawl collar wool cardigan with mechanic's style neck (Click to show)post #62757 of 1387282/10/13 at 6:42pmpost #62758 of 1387282/10/13 at 7:35pmMy haul from the weekend, lots of different stuff, all available:
Orvis sweater vest with leather pocket trim Large
Orvis vest XL
Camp 7 vest Medium
Garrick Anderson shirt 15.5-34
Anyone heard of Broletto? I've never seen this type of Loro Piana Fabric. 42S, basting still intact,
Paul Stuart 39 Long- It's a project, but it was $1. If anyone wants, hit me up.
H&M- I know, but I think it fits well, I'll have to take pics, but it's a 42 and looks like it will be sweet action come summer time.
PRL by Corneliani Made in Italy 100% linen 34x29
My First Oxxford Orphan Fits to ~38/39post #62759 of 1387282/10/13 at 7:37pm
You should be able to find them in a crafts store. If you don't have a crafts store nearby, you can also find them on Ebay or Amazon . I bought a Dritz branded one (search for Dritz Snag Nab-It).
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 seconds ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 57 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Spectator Porn 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone MTO and Pre-Orders Thread (Central Thread for... 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 8 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...