From what I understand that is BB kids line.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4181post #62701 of 1387282/9/13 at 8:35pmpost #62702 of 1387282/9/13 at 8:45pmpost #62703 of 1387282/9/13 at 8:55pm
Too tired to post pics so I'll just post old-skool text-like. Hit a couple TJX, Goodwills, and a honey hole. Spent 10 hours driving & shopping. The take-home:
- Two PRL 100% silk sweaters, NWT.
- One pair BB 1818 Madison dress trousers, NWT.
- One pair PRL Preston corduroy pants, NWT.
- One 'luxe Canali 3/4 length quilted jacket, made in Italy.
- One Audi R8 jacket, like new, dealer item.
- One Barbour Zenith waxed cotton jacket, zero flaws found.
- One Pal Zileri sport coat, Italy.
- One Corneliani silk / wool sport coat, Italy (gotta price brag this one - six bucks!)
- One Barneys New York sort of motorcycle jacket-style coat.
- One PRL bi-swing jacket, NWT.
- One VV sweater vest, NWT.
- One RLBL shirt, NWT, Italy.
- One Peter Millar cashmere blend sweater, NWT.
- One BB pincord multi-color stripe sport coat.
- One BB silk / wool sport coat, Italy.
- One Samuelsohn sport coat.
- One PRL linen/cotton vest, NWT.
- Two Spiewak coats (Golden Fleece, and I. Spiewak & Sons).
- Couple other thingies. . . .
...local TJX's were having super-clearance - selling for ~10% of original retail price. RLBL Italy shirts tagged $365, clearance at $39 - stuff like that. Sick.
Might keep the Barbour for myself - my size, and while I've come across a fair number of them lately, this is the first with zero issues / wear. All the rest NA - destined for eBay.post #62704 of 1387282/9/13 at 9:07pmQuote:
Did the same here - managed to thrift & resale to rake up the $ needed to pack & move cross-country and become a first-time homeowner last summer - ditto the 3% down. The joys of home ownership, right?!post #62705 of 1387282/9/13 at 9:18pmpost #62706 of 1387282/9/13 at 9:23pmWent looking for that PRL tweed bag. Didn't find it but... I found about 8 pairs of Pantharella socks for 3 a pop... Went to pay and manager charged me for only 1 pair and thanked me for finally getting rid of them.post #62707 of 1387282/9/13 at 10:38pmpost #62708 of 1387282/9/13 at 10:45pmpost #62709 of 1387282/10/13 at 12:07amThis one's actually grey. Here's a pic w/ flash. It shows the grey more accurately, but the other pic shows the purple more accurately. Agree on rarity of purple in rotation, but cool regardless. There was a silk knit LB also that I passed on, same price. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #62710 of 1387282/10/13 at 5:35amQuote:Got home and found a tiny hole near the collar where the damn tag was.
One of the thrift stores here has begun piercing the CUFFS of the shirts it gets with those hang tags. 'Pierce' is too weak a word, more like they GORE the things. I complained about it, but no one seemed to think my grievance was worth their time to hear. The shirts at this particular place are individually priced, adding to the issue. I've yet to find anything nice there as it's likely the owners know what's 'good' and what isn't, and likely make extra money on the side via EBAY.post #62711 of 1387282/10/13 at 5:59amCame across a store Friday that had two giant staple-like metal rings pierce/goring the uppers of all their leather shoes to hold them together. WTF. Their suits were all $49.99 for stafford and the like. I turned around and walked out.post #62712 of 1387282/10/13 at 6:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
Saw RL bags at an OC TJX... All they had were the wool buffalo check bags in green or red. Same pricing, though there were some larger bags as well. Definite tweed envy over here.
Picked up this cool little tool the other day.
It's a needle for fixing pulls in fabrics. The knurled end grabs the thread as you push it back through the original hole and it pulls it down into place. Thought it was pretty cool, works like a charm.
Need! Where can I find one?post #62713 of 1387282/10/13 at 7:19amQuote:Originally Posted by Pawz
One of the thrift stores here has begun piercing the CUFFS of the shirts it gets with those hang tags. 'Pierce' is too weak a word, more like they GORE the things. I complained about it, but no one seemed to think my grievance was worth their time to hear. The shirts at this particular place are individually priced, adding to the issue. I've yet to find anything nice there as it's likely the owners know what's 'good' and what isn't, and likely make extra money on the side via EBAY.
One of my local stores took to putting security tags on Everything, including piercing the seats of pants. Why couldn't they put a hole in the pocket instead?post #62714 of 1387282/10/13 at 7:22amQuote:Originally Posted by suited
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'll confirm what you thought and everyone else said...that is awesome!Quote:
I read that last night and re-read my post. I couldn't figure out how I'd given the impression that I lived in Utah. I'm glad I saw your edit
Looks like she's about to nail you with a snowball!Quote:
+1, that thing looks really useful!Quote:Originally Posted by suited
Same here. I just bought an engagement ring a couple weeks ago and the knowledge I've taken away from this thread and its regular posters helped me pay for it. Anyone looking for jewelry hit up in stitches (user name is "in stitches"), he's a gent and did a great job with getting me a fantastic ring.
I really want to buy a piece of jewelry from stitches, just for the experience. I also hope that piece of jewelry happens to be a pinky ring because I can't imagine trying to keep a straight face while shopping for a pinky ring.Quote:
^ There are so many words in there that I don't understand, but I'll say congrats anyway because it's clear that you're happy with it!
If it involves a retail store, I'll book my flight now.Quote:Quote:
Well done to both of you. It's a mandatory 20% down here, which explains the relatively "old" (being purely relative to other European countries) age of first time home buyers.Quote:
Beautiful ties!post #62715 of 1387282/10/13 at 7:55am
Was going to the movies with my girl and friend. Event cancelled due to conflict of scheduling. Pretty bummed. What cares the blues better than playing dress up?
Shirt: Billy Reid button down. Bought it on discount by me.
Tie: Thomas Pink. Thrifted by me. Bought by my girl as a present.
Waistcoat: Orvis wool. Traded with Ken P.
Jacket: Harris Tweed by Southwick for CCC. Thrifted by me.
PS: Manhattan. Thrifted by me.
Jeans: LVC 1966. Bought on discount by me.
Shoes: AE. Traded with JP.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... just now
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Brexit 2 minutes ago
- › How to wash fine linen pants 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 26 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. Moto jacket. Size M, brand new. 34 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 44 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding