Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 9/28/16 at 6:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4164post #62446 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:54ampost #62447 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:57ampost #62448 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:59ampost #62449 of 1387282/7/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Aye, what has been your solution to the flipper problem? Have you widened your search? Do you continually hit the same as all the other flippers and just hope to be in the right place at right time? Have you considered hitting the towns nearby where you live - places that are less likely to reveal high end goods but also less likely to have a gazillion people competitively thrifting? I have been finding these small dinky slightly out of way towns more productive than the areas within 20 miles of the city.
Unfortunately there isn't much I can do but just deal with it and pray that something slips through the cracks. LA really was a goldmine when I was there because it seemed that there was a thrift store literally every 5-6 blocks. They were everywhere, and that's just thrift stores. Consignment and discount stores were everywhere too. Minnesota is a completely different story. There are maybe 15 stores total in the Twin Cities metro area that are worth hitting. Stuff is really spread out, so it's usually a good 20 minutes or more between most stores. Some areas have a couple clustered nearby but then it's a 1/2 hr drive to the next store. IMO, there are only two prime areas here and both those areas are hit super hard. I mean tons of flippers 24/7. My options are to either wing it and try and find something really nice that somehow made it out into redneck country (works maybe 20% of the time) or to battle flippers all day.
The part that really gets me is that Goodwill makes up about 50% of the stores in the Twin Cities area. They've been getting completely out of hand with their hoarding and marking up lately that it takes all the fun out of it.
Oh well, I really hope it's just a phase and goes back to how it used to be very soon......
Wow!post #62450 of 1387282/7/13 at 11:16am
Finally ponied up and used some flipping funds to score some size 13 Alden Indy 403s and if anyone here is thinking about getting them, do it. They are by far the most comfortable boots I have worn (Red Wing Beckman's, Crockett and Jones, Florsheim by Duckie Brown are in my rotation). I was patient on eBay and finally scored them for a price I was comfortable with!
Also, very trad Chipp tie...availablepost #62451 of 1387282/7/13 at 11:23amQuote:
I met Ochewitz and Phinney a few months ago when they were at a talk by the guy that wrote the book about Team 7-11.
I may not know any really high up Euro racers, but I can count amongst my friends many legends of ultra cycling and rock climbing... I'll wear the Motorola jersey with pride and if anyone gives me crap, I'll remind them that they weren't all dopers...post #62452 of 1387282/7/13 at 11:35ampost #62453 of 1387282/7/13 at 11:48ampost #62454 of 1387282/7/13 at 12:29pmpost #62455 of 1387282/7/13 at 12:33pmpost #62456 of 1387282/7/13 at 12:52pmpost #62457 of 1387282/7/13 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Oscarm58
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All real. The first Brioni looks really old.
+1 There's Edit: insert obscure shop names.Quote:Originally Posted by k4lnamja
More of a sale find
Found these Norse Projects khakis in 30 waist at a major high end department store.
Marked down from $180 to ....
Available. Will either send to my buddy or ebay.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by barrelntrigger - 2/7/13 at 4:06pmpost #62458 of 1387282/7/13 at 1:10pmpost #62459 of 1387282/7/13 at 1:28pmpost #62460 of 1387282/7/13 at 1:45pm^^ Yeah, must be. Still a cool jacket. I'd be on it if I had some monies! Oh well......
Went to pick up a few shirts from the cleaners and decided to sing into the local thrift. Didn't come out empty handed. Superga x Isaia canvas sneakers. Euro 44. Claimed
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by Nataku - 2/7/13 at 2:28pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... just now
- › things that are making you happy 43 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 46 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 4 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...