Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/3/16 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4163post #62431 of 1387282/7/13 at 5:19amTwo quick ties at lunch. The first one I saw from a distance and actually liked, though it's bright. The one next to it was even more ridiculous. I know I'll never wear it, but it was made well and cheap. As I'm checking out, I look at the tags and was pretty impressed....I think these are made by Battistoni. Either way, they're really well-made. The second one is available to anyone that can handle it. Did someone say retina burning??
post #62432 of 1387282/7/13 at 7:06am
Nice tie haul! I actually picked up one of the very same Massimo Bizzocchi you did.
On my Charvet ties it reads "Charvet Paris" on the other side of the "Made in France" tag, but maybe it hasn't always been that way.Quote:Originally Posted by Friskydingo
I few ties I have picked up lately, I'll put up some jackets for trade when I get back from working in California.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Friskydingo
O great and powerful thrift thread, this doesn't happen to be a Charvet tag does it? The back side has the content listed, doesn't say Charvet anywhere.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #62433 of 1387282/7/13 at 7:43amThought this was an interesting tangent to yesterday's USPS announcement: http://www.wired.com/business/2013/02/amazon-saves-postal-service/post #62434 of 1387282/7/13 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Best I could do given too many fucking flippers now in Bay Area. Last year I was hitting double the volume and double the quality. These were amassed from a thriftathon last Sunday that took me 30 miles east and 40 miles south.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Corneliani super 150's suit. Double vented as well.]
Bally Shoes. Usually I leave them but these said Goodyear. Does this mean Goodyear welt? SZ 12, I may keep them although soles are shot.
I usually leave BB shirts behind but when you get a matching pair of sport shirts in matching pattern and very mint shape, you got to take. Size L + available.
Tom Ford shirt, nice one. Not available, I keep it for me.
Very Italian influenced Hickey Freeman shirt - SZ L. Made in Italy. Cotton elastane mix. Available.
Rag and Bone shirt, SZ XL but fits very very small, like a M maybe small Large. Made in China but I can tell it is quality by the way the stripes on the sleeve match up in a line to the shoulder. Buttons are awesome as well. Available.
Santorelli Charcoal Wool Pants. Know nothing about the brand picked up as a gamble. SZ 38 but more like 36. Available.
Samuelsohn Medium Gray Wool Pants. Nice. SZ 38. Available.
Dunhill Wool sweater, SZ XL fitting more like L. Available.
Hard to complain when you find a TF shirt, nice find.post #62435 of 1387282/7/13 at 8:17amQuote:
Nice one on the chinos!
The banana tag is historic! never seen something like that. Its pretty cool how they actually had bananas! You will never see that with their branding now. Definitely pre 97 as its the "British Crown colony of HK"post #62436 of 1387282/7/13 at 9:02ampost #62437 of 1387282/7/13 at 9:06amQuote:
I have been finding Tom Ford occasionally out there, someone in Napa obviously has a taste for fashion. Shirt is in good condition except the cuffs. The cuffs on the sleeves are frayed and many buttons chipped but I may get round to figuring out how to replace them. The shirt is an aqua - gray if that makes sense, so I wonder how a contrast collar and matching sleeve cuffs would work out. I cannot change the cuffs to, say, white and leave the collar as is. Buttons are easier to replace.Quote:
Aye, what has been your solution to the flipper problem? Have you widened your search? Do you continually hit the same as all the other flippers and just hope to be in the right place at right time? Have you considered hitting the towns nearby where you live - places that are less likely to reveal high end goods but also less likely to have a gazillion people competitively thrifting? I have been finding these small dinky slightly out of way towns more productive than the areas within 20 miles of the city.post #62438 of 1387282/7/13 at 9:27ampost #62439 of 1387282/7/13 at 9:27ampost #62440 of 1387282/7/13 at 9:30ampost #62441 of 1387282/7/13 at 9:33ampost #62442 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:15ampost #62443 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:24ampost #62444 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:44ampost #62445 of 1387282/7/13 at 10:48am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 21 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 15 minutes ago
- › Emporio Armani cashmere 100% black Top coat size 50/52 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway