The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4159
Styleforum Top Picks
Any fans of Patagonia??
There's an outlet sale starting tomorrow morning. If you live near an outlet, and need any sort of stuff that they sell, check it out...
If you need anything, let me know. I might be able to proxy some stuff when I hit the store in Santa Cruz.
The sale is 40% off outlet prices. Ridiculous prices for Patagucci stuff... I'm hoping for a new R2 jacket in the $30-40 range.
To de-thriftify those Nudies, should I go with this method, or is there something better? The freezer, perhaps, and then just a soak?
- Fill the tub (make sure it's clean first) with enough warm water to fully submerge the denim, dropping a 'small load' portion of Woolite Dark into the water as it's filling.
- Lay the jeans flat into the tub and press down to make sure the jeans are fully submerged. You can jostle slightly to loosen and caked in dirt.
- Let set the detergent bottle or some other item onto the jeans to keep them submerged and let them sit for 30-45 minutes.
- Drain the tub and refill with clean water, no soap this time. Set the jeans in the water and jostle to rinse. You can roll them up and rinse under the faucet to get out any extra soap, wringing as needed.
- Hang on a hanger (either one with clips or by sliding the hook through a rear belt loop) and let sit on your shower curtain rod overnight, or until dry.
I don't like the hang part at the end...I prefer to lay flat and let dry overnight, then flip them the next morning to help the other side dry...usually takes 36-48 hours to fully dry.
Never underestimate the value of a thrifted suit that fits perfectly. Fit is the most important thing to get right when you're building a wardrobe. At worst, you have a solid suit that'll work great for you until some more of better quality come along.
fucking this! There is a lot of emphasis on brand names here (which i am on board with btw) but a well fitting banana republic suit beats a sloppy looking kiton any day of the week from a purely aesthetic standard.
obviously not a denim head! ...just wear 'em! ...nothing like some thrift grunge to help get some wicked fades
on the serious note, inside out in cool water in the tub with woolite to wash. Be prepared for some major bleeding if they haven't touched water yet.
...all you need to know about denim care
Denim experts: will this cold water, gentle method, coupled with air drying, shrink raw denim? i.e. any sort of water and drying leads to shrinking?
Plus, once you're done, you can then flip it for a handsome profit.
I'm not an expert in denim, just have a few pairs, but the shrinkage % depends on the type of denim
Congress absolutely has a say in this. Not delivering on Saturdays violates the USPS' own charter. Only Congress can give permission to the USPS to discontinue Saturday delivery. The consensus seems to be this is a ploy to get Congress to focus on the hemorrhaging experienced by USPS in the last few years. Hopefully, this will end with some sort of compromise that won't affect our ability to enjoy our Saturday-delivered bounty.