or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4158

post #62356 of 110205

 

 

Went out last night and picked up a BB jacket and some ties. The ties are BB maker and one Burrberrys of london... Would anyone know wha kKind of BB jacket this is? I'm thinking 1818, but it could be a different line. I think I'm going to go back and get the older BB maker ties from the 60's/70's also.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #62357 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by staxringold View Post

OCI in 1L year?

I'd be happy to help, but everything I've got is around a 44

Yea, we've got a small one with some employers (only really aiming for one in particular as I'm more focused on some firms). Although it would be nice for the one OCI interview, I'm more hopeful that I can have it in time for potential firm callbacks if I'm fortunate enough to land them in the upcoming weeks.

Also, thanks to everyone who has already offered help. Haven't found anything yet but I appreciate the offers for help and won't forget it whenever I get back on the horse.

Edit: Maybe I should look at a Marshall's / TJ Maxx or something as well? Which one of these do you guys usually find decent NWT discount suits (you can PM me if you want to hide your location, but I figured a national chain store can't really be "outed" by anyone, I just don't feel like running between Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx and everywhere else if one is better than the others).
post #62358 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

RnCpHcz.jpg
NJQFrJA.jpg
pics don't do this justice... basically unworn barbour bedale, seriously looks unworn, size 40. for a whopping.. wait for it... wait for it... $4 foo.gif

 

SHIT!  I just drove through KC twice on my way across the country for a work trip.  Wish I would've had time to go thrifting.  FOUR DOLLARS!!!

 

And Eddie, epic ridiculousness as always. 

post #62359 of 110205

Picked up a few things for some of the bigger guys on here. Allen Flusser (yea I bought it before I saw the no reply) canvassed lambswool/cashmere blend SC and recent Allen Edmonds SC both will be available at cost + shipping.

 

Also found a killer recent mint Zegna Sc in almost an electric blue with a small pattern, dual vent, functional cuffs, the works.... Large size (64 EU), fit Milan that will likely go to the Bay unless someone has a good trade for me! Also a nearly new pair of Santoni boots in brown, size 11-1/2 I believe with dust bags; literally worn a handful of times, same deal trade or Bay. Finally found a M tan Orvis wool jacket, one small blemish on the back but otherwise nice. Fits so I might keep it unless someone wants a trade.

 

Pics to come


Edited by MZhammer - 2/6/13 at 8:37am
post #62360 of 110205

The article was incredibly poorly written.  But yes, the upshot appears to be continued package delivery/pickup on Saturdays, just no First Class mail and letters. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

 

 

Ah, ok, I see it now. Was it tough for everyone to grasp, or am I just out of it this morning.

 

Nonetheless, as far as shipping requirements go for ebay TRS status, no need to ship on Saturday to comply with the 24 hour handling policy. It only applies to Mon-Fri. However, it is always nice to receive a package. 

post #62361 of 110205
I should have included a link in my last post, here you go:
http://thearmoury.tumblr.com/
post #62362 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post



How come? PTO did a number on them and Jessie seems to like them. Jessie can't be wrong, right? Right?!

I mean i guess if it fits and you like it, get it. Every one if seen has been undewrwhelming in style/fit/quality/materials.
post #62363 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


Well, I'm not that old, but no matter how I shake and dance, that last drop always ends up in my pants. Do that 2x per wearing, 100 wearings, you're talking 200 drops of pee, and that's enough to turn even the most stalwart lining an unfortunate shade of ecru.
But stained does not equal dirty. Just as dyed do not equal dirty. Dry clean them. And put them on while looking at the ceiling and thinking of England.

I wear underwear so if i piss my pants enough to soak through those, i guess i need to see a doctor lol
post #62364 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyakku View Post

Yea, we've got a small one with some employers (only really aiming for one in particular as I'm more focused on some firms). Although it would be nice for the one OCI interview, I'm more hopeful that I can have it in time for potential firm callbacks if I'm fortunate enough to land them in the upcoming weeks.

Also, thanks to everyone who has already offered help. Haven't found anything yet but I appreciate the offers for help and won't forget it whenever I get back on the horse.

Edit: Maybe I should look at a Marshall's / TJ Maxx or something as well? Which one of these do you guys usually find decent NWT discount suits (you can PM me if you want to hide your location, but I figured a national chain store can't really be "outed" by anyone, I just don't feel like running between Marshall's, Ross, TJ Maxx and everywhere else if one is better than the others).

I think TJ Maxx and Marshalls are your best bets. Haven't heard anyone mention Ross for finds, though. I could be wrong. Also, TJMaxx Marshalls are owned by the same corporation. Finally, the concensus is that a TJMaxx or Marshalls gets nicer stuff if it's next to a high-dollar mall/high rent area.
post #62365 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post

I wear underwear so if i piss my pants enough to soak through those, i guess i need to see a doctor lol

crackup[1].gif True.
post #62366 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by csoukoulis View Post

I wear underwear so if i piss my pants enough to soak through those, i guess i need to see a doctor lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

crackup[1].gif True.

Of course I peed my pants, everyone my age pees their pants. It's the coolest.

If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.
post #62367 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

I think TJ Maxx and Marshalls are your best bets. Haven't heard anyone mention Ross for finds, though. I could be wrong. Also, TJMaxx Marshalls are owned by the same corporation. Finally, the concensus is that a TJMaxx or Marshalls gets nicer stuff if it's next to a high-dollar mall/high rent area.

Ross sucks ass for menswear. i go there if its next to a tj maxx or marshalls to look for Vans and the off chance they actually have good cologne. Tshirts too sometimes
post #62368 of 110205
Not high end, but at lunch I found a NWOT banana republic navy suit with subtle blue stripes, peak lapel, single button. The entire suit, from the sleeves to the trousers, fits me perfectly. Fit pics later.
post #62369 of 110205

PSA

 

Any fans of Patagonia??

 

There's an outlet sale starting tomorrow morning. If you live near an outlet, and need any sort of stuff that they sell, check it out...

 

If you need anything, let me know. I might be able to proxy some stuff when I hit the store in Santa Cruz.

 

The sale is 40% off outlet prices. Ridiculous prices for Patagucci stuff... I'm hoping for a new R2 jacket in the $30-40 range.

post #62370 of 110205
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Not high end, but at lunch I found a NWOT banana republic navy suit with subtle blue stripes, peak lapel, single button. The entire suit, from the sleeves to the trousers, fits me perfectly. Fit pics later.

Thats how to do it fistbump.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread