or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4153

post #62281 of 110117

Nice camera equipment.  I actually picked up a pristine Canon A1 with 50mm 1.8 attached last week for $25.

 

That lens probably isn't worth a great deal to flip but should be nice to use and for $4 why not :) 

 

Always be on the look out for used lenses, the money is on the fast ones if that Sigma was a 2.8 it would be worth a lot more. 

50mm in the 1.2 range are $$$ as well

 

With a growing M4/3 camera market a lot of people buy older fast glass and put on their digital cameras. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens View Post

For 4 bucks this 700gr weighing block of glass and metal from Sigma (80-200 f.3,5-4):



And two perfectly operating Canonet 28's:

post #62282 of 110117
Any Luciano Barbera experts? I picked this one up this morning.





post #62283 of 110117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Any Luciano Barbera experts? I picked this one up this morning.



Saint Andrews nod[1].gif
post #62284 of 110117

^^+1 on Saint Andrews - nice!

 

 

Okay, so this was from my one store yesterday. Definitely quality over quantity, but I'm pretty happy with it.  All about 21.5 p2p w/ 23 sleeves (facepalm.gif) and (other than the Belvest) unvented.

 

Belvest Velvet Blazer (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

 

 

Brioni #1 (Available)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Brioni #2 (Available)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Kiton #1 (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Kiton #2 (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Kiton #3 (Definitely my favorite - N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

spam[1].gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Unfortunately, I need to sell the Kitons in order to finance an upcoming trip, but if anyone is really interested and wants to pay slightly less than Ebay prices, I would be happy to sell here. Sorry for such blatant spamming.

 

post #62285 of 110117
Stopped at one more thrift before work... So glad I did!!

Popped my Charvet cherry, got a nice BB Makers woven silk tie, and a Hickey Freeman shirt.



Jackets were 25% off... Scored a TNF down jacket (woman's medium). Best finds were shell jackets... Both GoreTex, one Patagonia and one TNF. The North Face one needs a touch of repairs (hood seam is coming apart). So I'll drop that at a tailor later for fixing...



post #62286 of 110117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

^^+1 on Saint Andrews - nice!


Okay, so this was from my one store yesterday. Definitely quality over quantity, but I'm pretty happy with it.  All about 21.5 p2p w/ 23 sleeves (facepalm.gif ) and (other than the Belvest) unvented.

Belvest Velvet Blazer (N/A)

AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark





Brioni #1 (Available)

AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark



Brioni #2 (Available)

AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark



Kiton #1 (N/A)

AppleMark


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark





Kiton #2 (N/A)

AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark



Kiton #3 (Definitely my favorite - N/A)

AppleMark

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark




AppleMark


AppleMark



spam%5B1%5D.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unfortunately, I need to sell the Kitons in order to finance an upcoming trip, but if anyone is really interested and wants to pay slightly less than Ebay prices, I would be happy to sell here. Sorry for such blatant spamming.

DM7, road trip today?
post #62287 of 110117
Anyone know anything about Ede & Ravenscroft? With 4 (!) royal warrants I figure it's a keeper. Unfortunately though it had a bit too much collar fray.


Also picked up an ivory Irish linen BR shirt. Too busy for a picture.
post #62288 of 110117
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

Anyone know anything about Ede & Ravenscroft? With 4 (!) royal warrants I figure it's a keeper. Unfortunately though it had a bit too much collar fray.


Also picked up an ivory Irish linen BR shirt. Too busy for a picture.

Here's a quick look at their shirt options:
http://shop.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/collections/shirts/business-wear

Looks like middle of the road pricing.
post #62289 of 110117
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer View Post

Here's a quick look at their shirt options:
http://shop.edeandravenscroft.co.uk/collections/shirts/business-wear

Looks like middle of the road pricing.

Thanks for that - I was in the store and never googled.

Now that I look at the warrants, they all appear to be for robes, not shirts.
post #62290 of 110117
Thanks Nataku for the amazing Mountain Hardwear down jacket!!

post #62291 of 110117

That last Kiton makes my soul hurt. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

^^+1 on Saint Andrews - nice!

 

 

Okay, so this was from my one store yesterday. Definitely quality over quantity, but I'm pretty happy with it.  All about 21.5 p2p w/ 23 sleeves (facepalm.gif) and (other than the Belvest) unvented.

 

Belvest Velvet Blazer (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

 

 

Brioni #1 (Available)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Brioni #2 (Available)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Kiton #1 (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Kiton #2 (N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

Kiton #3 (Definitely my favorite - N/A)

 

AppleMark

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

AppleMark

 

AppleMark

 

 

 

spam[1].gif

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Unfortunately, I need to sell the Kitons in order to finance an upcoming trip, but if anyone is really interested and wants to pay slightly less than Ebay prices, I would be happy to sell here. Sorry for such blatant spamming.

 

 

 

 

post #62292 of 110117
Quote:

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Unfortunately, I need to sell the Kitons in order to finance an upcoming trip, but if anyone is really interested and wants to pay slightly less than Ebay prices, I would be happy to sell here. Sorry for such blatant spamming.

 

 

 

 Financing trips is always a good cause, of course! Where are you heading?

post #62293 of 110117
Quote:
Originally Posted by amquarles View Post

pretty sure I saw a pair of aldens size 13 for 10 dollars at goodwill...


I'm a 13!  Kop that shizzle.

post #62294 of 110117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

 

 

 Financing trips is always a good cause, of course! Where are you heading?

 

The Wifey and I have to go to France to attend a wedding of one of her friends, then another friend of ours is getting married in Natntucket in September. Luckily I found a pair of Murray's Toggery Shop Nantucket Reds in my size a few months ago to complete my WASPy Jew look.

post #62295 of 110117

Jeez, I finally got out this weekend and found a few things (pics tonight maybe) but I come back to epic hauls that make me feel embarrassed. 

 

Eddie... AMAZING! I'm hoping you'd like to pass the savings along. lol8[1].gif

 

...and that tie haul... Wow. So many Hermes... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread