Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:14 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/27/16 at 10:53pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4152post #62266 of 1387282/5/13 at 6:02ampost #62267 of 1387282/5/13 at 6:47amQuote:Originally Posted by hyakku
Hey all, wondering if anyone can help me out. Out here in Michigan pickings are slim, so I'm hoping I can call on the goodwill I've built up over the past few years. I'm looking for another staple suit, around 38R/30W. One of the ones I've had is actually getting uncomfortably tight (finally gained some weight after all this working out lol), and the other got damaged while I was moving apparently, leaving me with only one "alright" suit to interview for OCI with (it's striped though, I'd prefer solid or subtler stripes).
Can anyone help me out? I've got one OCI soon and then my big one in a few months and I'd prefer to have more than one "alright" suit to interview with. I'm willing to spend $250 or so, although I'd like to spend less. Hopefully someone has something to help me out. Hope everyone is doing well too! Enjoying this first year of law school, hopefully this summer I'll be in a place where I can rejoin the thread with some meaningful contributions.
OCI in 1L year?
I'd be happy to help, but everything I've got is around a 44post #62268 of 1387282/5/13 at 7:11amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Fueco
Is this the label I'm looking for?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Diffusion. I think Brian was able to successfully flip them.
Not ideal, but still easier to flip then 95% of Brooks Brothers shirts people pickup. You will have less luck running an auction then BIN OBO. Someone will come along and pay 30-40 for it if you give it enough time no problem. I sold a boring red stripe on for $25 but then that fun blue flower one below for $60
I have one up now.... (should get an offer over $50 sooner or later), just waiting....Robert Graham R&G Gray Paisley Casual Mens Dress Shirt Size L
And this one sold for $60post #62269 of 1387282/5/13 at 7:22amThanks for all the love, dudes. When I hit the first one, I threw it over my arm. Then the second one and I needed to free my hands up, so I started putting them around my neck. Then my neck filled up and I had a moment of panic: Do I run for a shopping basket and risk that someone else vultures in and starts looking through the bin? In the end, I just hung them from every vertical surface on my body. The checkout dude -- who's gotten to know my name and clearly thinks it's hilarious how much I shop there -- joked that I should have just bought the whole bin. Hilarious, dude. Hilarious.
Anyway, all are AVAILABLEpost #62270 of 1387282/5/13 at 7:27amQuote:Quote:
Thanks, guys. I'll have to swing back by and check it out again. I also have a wide-ish one in my closet that I haven't worn in years...might have to throw it up on the bay too.post #62271 of 1387282/5/13 at 8:23ampost #62272 of 1387282/5/13 at 8:27amsome of the prices were very very decent but some were outright ridonkulus! dont want to hurt my sales by poasting prices but ill just give one away
The tom ford croc burnished loafers have an msrp of about 9000 or more , my price $189 and theyre brand new!!!!post #62273 of 1387282/5/13 at 8:28ampost #62274 of 1387282/5/13 at 8:54ampost #62275 of 1387282/5/13 at 8:57amNiceQuote:
Nice cameras... I would've loved to find those about ten years ago. Now, I'm just trying to get rid of my old Bronica system...post #62276 of 1387282/5/13 at 8:58ampost #62277 of 1387282/5/13 at 9:00am
eddievddr10 can now answer the age-old question for us: do clothes bruise when they fall off the back of a truck. I've bookmarked his eBay page for bidding.
Nothing to brag about, but I was down in Florida visiting my grandparents last week. The Marshalls near the Nordstrom rack at 20669 Biscayne has a NWT Brioni tux--very modern and slim--marked down from $6,000+ to $499. It's a 40L, and so too slim in the shoulders for me.
They also have a PRL made-in-Italy tweed suit--beige herringbone--with flat-front pants in a 40R. Also $499, and also too slim for me. But I've never seen anything like it, and someone should snatch it up.post #62278 of 1387282/5/13 at 9:09amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Thanks for all the love, dudes. When I hit the first one, I threw it over my arm. Then the second one and I needed to free my hands up, so I started putting them around my neck. Then my neck filled up and I had a moment of panic: Do I run for a shopping basket and risk that someone else vultures in and starts looking through the bin? In the end, I just hung them from every vertical surface on my body. The checkout dude -- who's gotten to know my name and clearly thinks it's hilarious how much I shop there -- joked that I should have just bought the whole bin. Hilarious, dude. Hilarious.
Anyway, all are AVAILABLE
That tie haul was insane. Congrats! And I would have not risked leaving the bin either.post #62279 of 1387282/5/13 at 9:17am
Not a bad lunch excursion.
10 Vintage Brooks Brothers suits, all staples (Navy - solid and pin, Gray - solid and pin) in a mix of 2pc and 3pc. Left 2 behind for moth damage.
MTM H Freeman & Son Suit
3 Piece Cord Suit
Vintage Woolrich Shacket
Random Suede Patch Tweed SC
PRL Suede Harrington Jacket
Who knows when I will have pics on this...I still am trying to catch up from last Friday.post #62280 of 1387282/5/13 at 9:43am
Nice camera equipment. I actually picked up a pristine Canon A1 with 50mm 1.8 attached last week for $25.
That lens probably isn't worth a great deal to flip but should be nice to use and for $4 why not :)
Always be on the look out for used lenses, the money is on the fast ones if that Sigma was a 2.8 it would be worth a lot more.
50mm in the 1.2 range are $$$ as well
With a growing M4/3 camera market a lot of people buy older fast glass and put on their digital cameras.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › question about color coordination 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding