Good to hear. Did you give them a handful of tweed on the way out the door?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 2:16 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/24/17 at 3:27pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4147post #62191 of 1387282/4/13 at 12:52pmpost #62192 of 1387282/4/13 at 1:06pmpost #62193 of 1387282/4/13 at 1:19pm
Is anyone familiar with the brand Aigle?
I found a nice flannel shirt (that fits me perfectly) this morning at GW. It seems well constructed, but I can't seem to find any direct information about the brand...post #62194 of 1387282/4/13 at 1:24pmRe: Aigle. I'm not familiar with it, but recall the old saying:
If it looks like a duck (i.e. it fits),
swims like a duck (i.e. it's well made),
and quacks like a duck (i.e. you like it),
then it probably is a duck (i.e. you should pick it up).post #62195 of 1387282/4/13 at 1:32pmOh, I did. I just want to know where it came from. Someone clearly donated a few of their flannel shirts (one was a wool blend from Barbour which had moth holes -I sure wish that one could've been a keeper!), and all seemed decent, this one just fit best. I'm certainly getting pickier these days. Thanks everyone!!post #62196 of 1387282/4/13 at 1:37pmpost #62197 of 1387282/4/13 at 1:55pmAnyone heard of "Avignon" Made in Italy clothing?
I was looking through the dress pants and came across a pair of Avignon tailored sweat pants! They are pretty insane. 3 button waist closure with a zip fly exactly like Incotex pants (I found a pair of incotex 2 seconds prior and compared them side by side), 2 front pockets with a smaller third coin pocket and 2 rear patch pockets. I believe they are the "runner" model from 2009-10. I googled the company (Avignon clothing) and found nothing. There is a website that links to an email address but literally no information or anything. All tags are in Italian.
I'll post pics later.post #62198 of 1387282/4/13 at 2:14pmQuote:
Lol. No but we tied some tweed around the leaky fixture to stop the leak.
Me too. It has been a long effed up day. I surely needed that laugh.post #62199 of 1387282/4/13 at 2:14pmpost #62200 of 1387282/4/13 at 2:56pmQuote:
I picture your house with closets and chests full of tweed jackets, sort of spilling out of everywhere. Sounds like you had a hectic day, hopefully the week gets better!Quote:post #62201 of 1387282/4/13 at 3:12pmQuote:
I read that and had two thoughts:
1) Why is he being so specific about the number? Why not just say "around" 40?
2) Does any brag worthy brand even make shorts?
Then I realized my mistake.post #62202 of 1387282/4/13 at 3:32pmThanks to everyone for the PMs. I'm moving soon so nothing is available at the moment, but I'll let you know when that changes.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brooks Brothers hopsack 3/2 sack
Brooks Brothers Black Fleece oxford cloth tab collar (online purchase: $25 NWT)
Brooks Brothers silk knit (eBay)
Brooks Brothers flannels
Brooks Brothers tassel loafers (clearance)post #62203 of 1387282/4/13 at 3:36pmpost #62204 of 1387282/4/13 at 3:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Digmenow
The TV show finally debuted on NetFlix on 2/1 but I've been mostly stuck at work.
Is this the right Rolex? Kidding. Not thrifted.
dude thats awesome! I was just recommended that show from a good friend and am going to start watching tonight!post #62205 of 1387282/4/13 at 3:59pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Currently, there are 1669 Active Users (302 Members and 1367 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 seconds ago
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › BNWT Eidos Ciro Glenchecked Flannel Suit - 36R 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 7 minutes ago
- › stylish belt buckles 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 10 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 10 minutes ago
- › What brand is this? 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...