or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4122

post #61816 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post


A couple of names to add to your list. For shoes: Giorgio Brutini. In terms of outerwear (pants/shirts) and such, you can’t go wrong with Ron Chereskin. Go forth and prosper.

 

lol8[1].gif

post #61817 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby34 View Post

I should be a 10.5eee if te fit it right, but I've been wearing sneakers in 11 and 11.5 because they fit too.

I believe she's sending them all out of the country too. You can't flip 20 pairs a shoes from each store can you? Lol, she must have about 100 or so pairs regardless of brand and style.

PMed

post #61818 of 102872

I am a little disheveled, it's been a long day.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #61819 of 102872
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


 

post #61820 of 102872

Thrift fit, NBA-post-game-interview edition... I think I need some horn rim glasses, though

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

PRL shawl sweater from the Polo factory store

Piatelli from Barneys shirt, thrifted by me

Rooster bow tie, TJX I think

HF horizontal cords, ebay

Red Pantharella socks from caseyfud

Church's chocolate suede loafers from Patrologia

post #61821 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Depending on how you put out...

 

http://www.match.com

 

or

 

http://www.christianmingle.com/

 

uhoh.gif

post #61822 of 102872
Are brooks brothers shirts at 12 a pop worth picking up? They look new. All sizes. 16 1/2, 17. I need an 18 so it doesn't fit me. I'm here now and would want to trade them.
post #61823 of 102872
^ If slim or extra-slim, made-in-the-USA, must-iron oxford cloth with a button-down collar, yes—though the trade value still won't be extravagant. Also if Black Fleece or Golden Fleece.

Otherwise, pass.
post #61824 of 102872
I passed with help from a board member, after looking at them while liking new, they were just well cared for and disposed of when stains formed near the pockets in yellow. Probably could of gotten them out but not worth being out of pocket for, I don't think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings View Post

^ If slim or extra-slim, made-in-the-USA, must-iron oxford cloth with a button-down collar, yes—though the trade value still won't be extravagant. Also if Black Fleece or Golden Fleece.

Otherwise, pass.
post #61825 of 102872
Heading to Vienna early for an all day outing and just looking up some addresses. This is a picture of one shop's display under "sales and deals". I like their style biggrin.gif

post #61826 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubby34 View Post

Are brooks brothers shirts at 12 a pop worth picking up? They look new. All sizes. 16 1/2, 17. I need an 18 so it doesn't fit me. I'm here now and would want to trade them.

 

Here are some rules I follow as someone who does it as a hobby. 

 

1. "Know what you dont know"

 

Study eBay / Saks for what sells and for how much. Dont be limited to this thread.

 

2. Know your avg tranaction cost/profit .

 

I want to make about 30-40$ per item. So, I will not buy anything that I cant sell for that much. Rember your profit is made in the purchase. (12.99 No, No)

 

3. Dont shop Labels

 

Yes, that DB 6X1 non-vented Armani looks nice... but will it sell? Holding costs should be taken into consideration.

 

Here are somethings I will not buy (for reselling) because eBay is flooded with them or not worth my time.

 

BB shits (except what chet metioned)

Ties (except Kiton, Tom Ford, Hermes)

Made in Italy tags ( if you dont know the maker pass)

Tags with Bespoke or Savile Row

Custom made shirts (Ascot Chang & Tom James)

Orphan Jackets

Dirty Items (pee stains, yellow collar ect...)

 

Also, please do not list how much or where you purchased your items for. 

 

Prices mysteriously go up on items at thrift stores when listed in this thread.

post #61827 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Depending on how you put out...

 

http://www.match.com

 

or

 

http://www.christianmingle.com/

 

uhoh.gif

 

 Oh, the ring on my finger definitely screams Match.com... Ironic, since that's where I met my wife.

post #61828 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Thrift fit, NBA-post-game-interview edition... I think I need some horn rim glasses, though
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)









PRL shawl sweater from the Polo factory store
Piatelli from Barneys shirt, thrifted by me
Rooster bow tie, TJX I think
HF horizontal cords, ebay
Red Pantharella socks from caseyfud
Church's chocolate suede loafers from Patrologia

Grendel, please do not take this the wrong way, but
There probably isn't anything in the world that I hate more than that bow tie/shawl collar sweater combo
post #61829 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron View Post

Here are some rules I follow as someone who does it as a hobby. 

1. "Know what you dont know"

Study eBay / Saks for what sells and for how much. Dont be limited to this thread.

2. Know your avg tranaction cost/profit .

I want to make about 30-40$ per item. So, I will not buy anything that I cant sell for that much. Rember your profit is made in the purchase. (12.99 No, No)

3. Dont shop Labels

Yes, that DB 6X1 non-vented Armani looks nice... but will it sell? Holding costs should be taken into consideration.

Here are somethings I will not buy (for reselling) because eBay is flooded with them or not worth my time.

BB shits (except what chet metioned)
Ties (except Kiton, Tom Ford, Hermes)
Made in Italy tags ( if you dont know the maker pass)
Tags with Bespoke or Savile Row
Custom made shirts (Ascot Chang & Tom James)
Orphan Jackets
Dirty Items (pee stains, yellow collar ect...)

Also, please do not list how much or where you purchased your items for. 

Prices mysteriously go up on items at thrift stores when listed in this thread.
Excellent advise, and thanks for sharing. I'm primarily a jersey and a baseball cap type if guy, so if I see something like that at a store I know what I'm looking at.

But dress clothes-- no freaking clue. At all.

I need to start dressing like a man, can't wear piazza jerseys and batman shirts forever.
post #61830 of 102872
Quote:
Originally Posted by horse's_ass View Post

Grendel, please do not take this the wrong way, but
There probably isn't anything in the world that I hate more than that bow tie/shawl collar sweater combo

Bold words...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread