Damn I would throw a party too after those numbers. Its weird that a NWT and used sold for the same price. But, when in ROME
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:45 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4106post #61576 of 1387281/29/13 at 7:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61577 of 1387281/29/13 at 7:58ampost #61578 of 1387281/29/13 at 8:00ampost #61579 of 1387281/29/13 at 8:03amQuote:
The NWT were tagged $670, but the used ones were originally around $900 and $1200.
As you can imagine, I had to pay more in the thrift for the NWT pair.post #61580 of 1387281/29/13 at 8:41ampost #61581 of 1387281/29/13 at 8:46ampost #61582 of 1387281/29/13 at 8:51amQuote:I've been seriously thrifting for more than a year (throttling back now but at my peak, I used to average 30 different stores each month) and not counting the dozen plus black shirts from JAB (bought new) that I am required to wear to work, I now have around 50 quality shirts in my size in the closet. Sometimes they're $5, sometimes $10 and sometimes they're $15. I guess it's the inconsistency that irks me but like I said, $9 for a BB shirt that sold for $50 at its cheapest is still a bargain that I could not pass up.Quote:
Doing the math on my comment above, it works out to maybe one good shirt out of every seven stores. I can only imagine what the closet would look like if it was in LA.post #61583 of 1387281/29/13 at 8:51amQuote:
I like this Mad Men lookpost #61584 of 1387281/29/13 at 9:06am
Thanks fellas, I'm stepping a little out of my comfort zone with this one, as the trousers are higher waisted than I normally wear, with means they actually sit on my waist. As apposed the low rise stuff I've been wearing for the past 6-7 years.post #61585 of 1387281/29/13 at 9:18amShould I have left these Trafalgar braces? I went back and forth given the fraying and rumours of $100+ completed auctions and eventually snagged them as the low price was worth the risk.
Rogues Gallery Linen/Cotton Shirt
Pretty pleased with this pickup - Patagonia goose down jacket.post #61586 of 1387281/29/13 at 9:28ampost #61587 of 1387281/29/13 at 9:34amI hope nobody's posted this yet...I especially liked the discussion about shoes
6 Things You Can Learn From YouTube Hit “Thrift Shop” Without Having To Listen To Itpost #61588 of 1387281/29/13 at 9:45am
Yeah that Patagonia is awesome.
Hit up a Goodwill real quick today on my lunch break and snagged a really nice Vintage Banana Republic distressed leather bomber size 44. I've been finding a lot of coats lately, should probably flip them soon before the weather changes lolpost #61589 of 1387281/29/13 at 9:53amEazy -- I like the look. If you're gonna rock the tie bar though, maybe a skinner tie would look a bit better? Completes the so-called "mad men" look in a more, uh, complete fashion. Just a thought.
Hooker -- Those Traf. braces will sell, but not at 100+ (or even close to that). I think they are the Hudson model (or earlier iteration, whatever it was called), and the straps are plain nylon. They retail at like 70, you'll get half that, probably pretty easily. The ones that sell for higher are the limited edition silk ones with some sort of pattern or theme. The numbers that Spoo was dropping were crazy and above retail, so I dunno what's going on there.post #61590 of 1387281/29/13 at 10:02amQuote:Originally Posted by horse's_ass
Hooker -- Those Traf. braces will sell, but not at 100+ (or even close to that). I think they are the Hudson model (or earlier iteration, whatever it was called), and the straps are plain nylon. They retail at like 70, you'll get half that, probably pretty easily. The ones that sell for higher are the limited edition silk ones with some sort of pattern or theme. The numbers that Spoo was dropping were crazy and above retail, so I dunno what's going on there.
Yeah I wasn't anticipating anywhere near $100 but figured if I start the auction at what I paid I'll still stand to make a few bucks.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › tailors in seoul korea? 2 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 19 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › Help ID the maker of this beautiful bespoke shoe? 27 minutes ago
- › NWT 40R Canali Kei dark grey sportcoat 29 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 33 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...