Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4105post #61561 of 1387281/28/13 at 10:35pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61562 of 1387281/28/13 at 10:57pmQuote:
That sounds like one amazing thrift store you have!post #61563 of 1387281/28/13 at 10:57pmpost #61564 of 1387281/28/13 at 11:44pmpost #61565 of 1387281/29/13 at 12:07ampost #61566 of 1387281/29/13 at 12:30ampost #61567 of 1387281/29/13 at 5:20amQuote:Thanks! They look better than I expected. Then I went back and realized you specified 9D and not 10D. Phooey.Originally Posted by Nataku
...Oh alright, I suppose. Didn't snap photos initially as they need a good week in some shoe trees and some leather conditioner. Beck is in possession of the rest of the goods.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Meanwhile, oh those funny gods of thrift.
I have begun to look in earnest for some things in a larger size for a friend. After all, whenever I look for stuff that fits ME, I find nothing but XL, 17½ and the like in great brands that I just leave behind. Now that I WANT them, I find MULTIPLE deadstock NWOT Brooks Brothers gingham checks (marked up to $9 ) in Small. I never find Smalls.
I ponied up the $27. The friend can wait another week.post #61568 of 1387281/29/13 at 5:33ampost #61569 of 1387281/29/13 at 5:34ampost #61570 of 1387281/29/13 at 5:59amQuote:
I have to ask... Out here, I may occasionally complain of a lack of higher quality stuff (e.g. In the last year I've found 2 Brioni, 5 Zegna, 5 Canali, and 1 Isaia SCs in thrift stores). Only found one full suit from those brands, and it had serious urine stains on the pants. But I generally get these from $1-$5 each - occasionally, I have to pay $10-12. The thought of $75 slacks makes me cringe - I see those (preowned, not NWT) pants going for $20-$40 on ebay. What is the average price for a SC like the ones I listed in the big cities (LA, Chicago, NYC)? $40-50?
Starting to think that maybe the grass isn't really greener over there... :)
-sn0wmanpost #61571 of 1387281/29/13 at 6:06ampost #61572 of 1387281/29/13 at 6:25ampost #61573 of 1387281/29/13 at 6:51amQuote:Well, that certainly crushes my Loro Pianas. Maybe I need to switch consignors?Originally Posted by capnwes
I'm having a pants party (Click to show)
And to think I used to hate selling pants! This all happened within 8 hours of listing....and I still have 6 more pairs!
Congrats!post #61574 of 1387281/29/13 at 7:31ampost #61575 of 1387281/29/13 at 7:42amQuote:
Haha yea, when I see people say a certain price is steep it makes me cringe. I wish I could get those prices. I guess that's the trade off of LA.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 39 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for learning VBA 1 minute ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Can you guys tell me if these balmain jeans are fake? 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...