True words, though. Every other month, I pay €50 to GIS for simply owning a TV/radio. If you have a TV and don't register/pay, you'll eventually get a letter and visit from them. It's ridiculous.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 1:05 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4094post #61396 of 1387281/27/13 at 4:24ampost #61397 of 1387281/27/13 at 4:44ampost #61398 of 1387281/27/13 at 5:05ampost #61399 of 1387281/27/13 at 5:06amQuote:
Whoa. It that for each tv/radio? Aren't there radios in your cars?post #61400 of 1387281/27/13 at 5:17amIn the UK you pay the license fee (for the BBC, which then has no commercials) per household, not per device.
When I was in college it was irritating, but in retrospect, I received 3 degrees for free. In fact, the government actually gave me a modest stipend for those 7 years on top of a free education. So paying a little for TV wasn't so bad (and was far cheaper than my current cable bill).
Of course, free higher ed has disappeared in the UK nowpost #61401 of 1387281/27/13 at 6:01ampost #61402 of 1387281/27/13 at 6:21ampost #61403 of 1387281/27/13 at 6:34ampost #61404 of 1387281/27/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
GUYS look what else I found at the consignment store! The RLPLs are my size, not available. Both have some condition issues, but they're fixable or live-with-able. I talked the store down to $28 per on account of the issues.
Chester Barrie for RLPL, black or dark gray w/stripes. The top of the waistband looks like it got eaten by a vacuum cleaner or something. It's really odd and definitely not moth damage, but it'll be mostly invisible when I have a belt on.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
St. Andrews for RLPL, single-breasted peak lapel, side adjusters on the pants. If this thing had a vest it'd be my grail suit. There's a single moth hole in the chest, but my reweaver can take care of that easy.
Corneliani for PRL made in Italy. Slightly too big for me, sadly.
Quote:Originally Posted by eazyeQuote:
Yea, that's the best find I think anybody's ever posted. But you know the rules, pics or it didn't happen.
+1Quote:Originally Posted by Snoogz
Wanted to give a shout out to brianpore for such a generous deal on a shirt.
It made my day when I finally mustered up the energy to pry open the package at a turtle pace. I've been feeling under the weather as of late with no energy to hardly move from the bed, damn flu got me good this year.
Snapped a quick pic to justify my rant, thanks again Brian!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad you like. Feel betterQuote:
Just caught up on 2 days worth of posts. No thrifting for me this weekend as I've been skiing. COLD but FUN!post #61405 of 1387281/27/13 at 6:54amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I get the concern, Ray, but was this really the most mature way to handle the situation? Perhaps a PM asking him nicely?
Anyway, some belated brags and/or better pics of past brags. Mostly the highlights, but even that's a pretty substantial number of pics. So be warned! Click on the spoiler ONLY if you have a robust internet connection! Still figuring out my new camera, so the whitebalance sucks in a few of these. But it's still better than the old point and shoot.
MOST OF THIS STUFF IS SPOKEN FOR OR MINE. PLUS, I'M BURIED AT WORK AND NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO PMs. IF YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING, FEEL FREE TO PM, BUT IT MAY TAKE ME A WHILE TO RESPOND.
Suits/ SCs/Fox Hunting Jackets (Click to show)Trousers/Denim (Click to show)Shirts (Click to show)Ties and accessories (Click to show)Shoes (Click to show)
Dude! that is some sick stuffpost #61406 of 1387281/27/13 at 7:04am
Wait, this guy had 1.3 million in his checking account? I wonder if he diversified or just stuck all of his money in the bank...Even at 0.8% he's making 10,400 in interest. With all that money, you think he would of rock a Kiton or an Antolini. Canali, Pfftt, too cheap!post #61407 of 1387281/27/13 at 7:07ampost #61408 of 1387281/27/13 at 7:09amI was once doing some work downtown, gathering old bricks in a vacant lot (long story), and found a receipt from a bank for someone's quarterly income tax payment. It was for something like $300K. It wasn't a corporate account, it was a personal payment. I couldn't even begin to calculate what he was making to pay that.post #61409 of 1387281/27/13 at 7:10am
Some awesome hauls as usual this weekend.....been a little slow but here are my pickups from Fri/Sat:
Jil Sander Cotton Blend Suit, tagged 56 L EU.....my 1st Jil Sander pickup, wasn't super cheap thrift price so I may have overpaid since Im not sure how these do vs. wool ones...couldnt leave it though..
NWT Schaefer Outfitter Made in USA heavy canvas duster, this thing is pretty sweet
Crazy outdoor/hunting print woolrich shirt XL
Pretty sweet wool ties, shetland, donegal shetland by Liberty of London, BB, keeping
NWT LSU Stadium Pants (Geaux Tigers!!!), keeping
2 x Steven Alan, Medium but fit slim
BB Made in Italy Dual Vent Silk/Wool/Linen, tagged 48 but measures more like 46 (24 pit to pit)
BB Madison, pleated and cuffed, 32 x 30
Gitman Bros. Vintage short sleeve, size Lpost #61410 of 1387281/27/13 at 7:31amQuote:Originally Posted by barrelntrigger
Wait, this guy had 1.3 million in his checking account? I wonder if he diversified or just stuck all of his money in the bank...Even at 0.8% he's making 10,400 in interest. With all that money, you think he would of rock a Kiton or an Antolini. Canali, Pfftt, too cheap!
That's exactly what my first though was. He had 1.3 million in his checking account...checking.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 11 minutes ago
- › farmers insurance agent- good career choice? 12 minutes ago
- › GrantStone shoes - any buyers? 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 23 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 25 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding