DELETING IMMEDIATELY DON'T HURT ME
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 12:33 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4092
Styleforum Top Pickspost #61367 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:18pm
Congrats on all of the big life changes - Eazy, Capn, & 330!
Also, congrats on all of the awesome finds over the past week, guys!
I told myself I would abstain from thrifting this weekend in order to get some work done. I caved . . .
Executive Imperials Shell PTBs - N/A
RT MII Ancient Madder
I bought these for myself, but they're a bit tight, so AVAILABLE.
Anyone want a denim tux shirt? 15 x 34. AVAILABLE
BB Hudson Mallard Cords - AVAILABLEpost #61368 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:19pmpost #61369 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:20pmpost #61370 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by eazyeQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ummmmmmm, I kind of want to print this out and frame it. Now if you could just make the signatures on the bottom read Spoo, Dm7, Wes, and Mainy........
Edited by Randy - 1/26/13 at 8:55pmpost #61371 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:25pmpost #61372 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:31pmpost #61373 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:37pmpost #61374 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:37pm
Here is a bit more of my haul from yesterday. Still have shoes, pants, shirts, ties and a few suits to shoot.
Another Alpacuna Top Coat - 38-40R
Vintage Banana Republic Bomber 42
Vintage Suit 42R 36/30
Brooks Brothers SC 41S
VTG Plaid Tweed - 44R-L
FU Plaid - 44XL
Harris Tweed - 42R
Bespoke SC - 44R
Hickey Freeman Houndstooth - 41S-R
Horse Blanket Coat - 38-40
Orvis Blue Brass - 42R
Paul Stuart Slubby Silk SC - 42R
Pendleton Western Tweed - 46R
PRL Green Cord, Half Norfolk - 44R
PRL Houndstooth (USA) - 40L-41L
Samuelsohn Herringbone SC - 40S
Southwick Tweed - 40R
Wack-ass Striped Tweed - 36S
Woolrich Half Norfolk Tweed - 44Rpost #61375 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
Rock'n Roll Lauren!Quote:
It could of being an honest mistake. But hey, if you end up with a nice pair of shells, that's worth it in my book!
Holy shit! Save to my hard drive!post #61376 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:43pmpost #61377 of 1387281/26/13 at 8:54pmpost #61378 of 1387281/26/13 at 9:10pm
Quoting myself in order to update the post with the proper size infoQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Now for some of my Birthday Haul from Saturday.
Aquascutum SC 44R
Bright Blue Summerweight Mini Gun Check 48R-48L
Brooks Brothers Tweed 44R
Brooks Brothers Harris Tweed 42R
Brooks Brothers Pebbled Tweed tagged 43R
Super Crazy VTG Pierre Cardin Boutique SC -WTF! - 36L
ETRO by Boglioli SC POW with Lime green overcheck - 42R
VTG Green Plaid Summerweight - 42R
Gun Check Tweed 46XL
Harris Tweed 41R
Harris Tweed 42R
Harris Tweed 44R
Harris Tweed 44R
Vintage Bespoke English Tweed (Haughton) with super lapels - 48L
Orvis Tweed 44L
J Press Tweed 44Lpost #61379 of 1387281/26/13 at 9:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by DanM
Went down to Louisville for my niece's seventh birthday. My daughter had a blast at the party, then I went thrifting.
Stopped by a higher priced consignment store that carries awesome stuff and I've occasionally found flippable stuff. I walk in an there are signs everywhere saying 30% off. Except suits. Which are 50% off.
Then I look around and realize I have arrived for the last ten minutes of a three day sale and realize I'm actually this guy:
Tried to salvage the day by checking out a couple of Unique thrifts and a goodwill. Massive failure. Currently drowning my miseries in scotch and wondering why I even thrift.
Don't beat yourself up, man. That place is odd, they only put out new stuff literally twice a year. The last release was in October, and the good stuff has all been picked weeks ago. There was a $120 Zegna I had my eye on for the 50% sale, but it didn't last even at that price.
Unique has also been crappy lately. Used to be a reliable spot but either they're sending the good stuff to other cities or some other folks are haunting it and picking it clean all the time. I suspect the former - they just don't have the same volume of stuff they used to, even of crappy stuff.
A few recent items for me:
Corneliani for PRL I mentioned yesterday (42L)
BBGF hopsack blazer (44L)
Southwick tweed (42ish)
Vintage 1950s tweed (46ish)post #61380 of 1387281/26/13 at 9:16pm
I get the concern, Ray, but was this really the most mature way to handle the situation? Perhaps a PM asking him nicely?
Anyway, some belated brags and/or better pics of past brags. Mostly the highlights, but even that's a pretty substantial number of pics. So be warned! Click on the spoiler ONLY if you have a robust internet connection! Still figuring out my new camera, so the whitebalance sucks in a few of these. But it's still better than the old point and shoot.
MOST OF THIS STUFF IS SPOKEN FOR OR MINE. PLUS, I'M BURIED AT WORK AND NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO PMs. IF YOU MUST HAVE SOMETHING, FEEL FREE TO PM, BUT IT MAY TAKE ME A WHILE TO RESPOND.
Suits/ SCs/Fox Hunting Jackets (Click to show)Trousers/Denim (Click to show)Shirts (Click to show)Ties and accessories (Click to show)Shoes (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 27 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...