or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4085

post #61261 of 110173
Score on that Drakes grenadine. Incredible find.

The dotted knit tie is great too. Regarding the maker, I've seen silk knits lately at Marshalls and TJ Maxx by Paul Stuart, PRL, RLPL, Billy Reid, Corneliani. FWIW, a Paul Stuart knit I got a few weeks back at Marshalls has a different tag than the one in your photo.
post #61262 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxlui View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

Hit two stores out in LA, only got stuff from the second one. I could have picked up a lot more, but I didn't. The only thing I had to leave that made me a bit sad was the gray Huntsman orphan. It was from 2000, but there were no pants anywhere. I might try my l
BAM






[/quote

lol, I know where you picked that up. I passed on that, a little too expensive for me.

 

of course you know where he picked it up

 

I directed both of you there... with knowledge of the goodies that lay in store.

 

rotflmao.gif

post #61263 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

 

of course you know where he picked it up

 

I directed both of you there... with knowledge of the goodies that lay in store.

 

rotflmao.gif

 

The people were very nice, and I actually felt bad doing the  "well, I have to carry it back on the plane, and maybe I don't actually want it" song and dance.  But yeah, the prices there went very, very high.

post #61264 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post

 

The people were very nice, and I actually felt bad doing the  "well, I have to carry it back on the plane, and maybe I don't actually want it" song and dance.  But yeah, the prices there went very, very high.

Told Ray the same thing:

 

You really have to haggle there.

post #61265 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post


Aye, to get to the point one could make a viable living off of thrifting is beyond my intellectual and physical means. How Eddieveddr, Mainy, DM7, Spoo do it so well is incredible - highly motivated and talented guys in this arena.

It is a hobby to me nothing more nothing less. If I find something my wardrobe will like or something someone here will like, then great, job done. Outside of that, I have no real ambitions to stretch beyond a couple of hours here and there. Even if I had a 300K plus job, I would still enjoy rummaging through junk and used clothing racks. I almost considered dumpster diving as well - I am deadly serious on that one just do not tell anyone about that lol8[1].gif.

 

+1

 

I would also like to add capnwes on that list!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Well, thrifting during the small snow storm we got today turned out to be a success. While the transit was less than desirable, the weather kept the crowds down in the stores. I was able to snag lots of things and get in and out quickly without lines and cart kicking....

 

 

I have quite a list of braggable items including appearances by the likes of Samuelsohn, Vintage Banana Republic, Gitman Brothers, Bills Khakis, Church's, PRL, Orvis, Harris Tweed, Brooks Brothers, Hickey Freeman, Some NY Bespoke Shit, etc...

 

I did have time tonight to take a few pics of two items which stood out of the haul. More pics possible this weekend. I am sanding/refinishing my hardwood floor this weekend so my SF time will be scarce.

 

Crazy Evisu Genes Reversable Selvedge, likely only one or two washes. Selvedge is on the outside, seamed in a inverted fashion from the typical setup. I can't find a lot on this model, but there are indications of around a $400 MSRP.  I went through a few guides and am 99.99% sure they are authentic, based on rivets, stitching, labels and denim quality. 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then there is this sweet NWT PRL Quilted Shooting Jacket....it hit the rack exactly when I walked by....didn't stand a chance.

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OMG, Wes! Those items are super rare and awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think those are your items of the week, no?! *clap clap clap! Get that eBay $$$!

post #61266 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadesofbeige View Post

Remember those The West is Dead selvedge jeans somebody posted here the other day? Well a few dozen just landed in my local Buffalo Exchange, NWT. Most sizes, a few different washes, even some chinos. PM me if you're interested in a proxy (about $50 a pair shipped).

 

Edit: I would recommend sizing down two on these. In normal pants I'm a 30 but the 29s were too big and the 28s fit me perfectly. I'd say they're a slim/slim-straight cut with a medium rise. 

thats cool of you to offer to proxy icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

post #61267 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadesofbeige View Post

Remember those The West is Dead selvedge jeans somebody posted here the other day? Well a few dozen just landed in my local Buffalo Exchange, NWT. Most sizes, a few different washes, even some chinos. PM me if you're interested in a proxy (about $50 a pair shipped).

Edit: I would recommend sizing down two on these. In normal pants I'm a 30 but the 29s were too big and the 28s fit me perfectly. I'd say they're a slim/slim-straight cut with a medium rise. 

Pm sent! Very cool of you to do this! thumbs-up.gif
post #61268 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

Charles Tyrwhitt boots. Who makes this? In amazing shape. Size 12

Should be loake
post #61269 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Not kidding. You missed the matching hoodie though, its a suit!
lol8[1].gif ...
No, I saw the hoodie and I kind of understood that but SWEATPANTS? BTW, now over $200,


worship.gif
post #61270 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

No, I saw the hoodie and I kind of understood that but SWEATPANTS? BTW, now over $200,


worship.gif

Do you think they make any with "juicy" stamped across the ass?
Edited by capnwes - 1/26/13 at 5:30am
post #61271 of 110173
Yesterday, my wife surprised me with what is probably the coolest back to school piece of clothing I've ever received. It was 50% off at Nordstroms, so I figured it was a thread appropriate brag. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
AppleMark
AppleMark
post #61272 of 110173
Are you
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Yesterday, my wife surprised me with what is probably the coolest back to school piece of clothing I've ever received. It was 50% off at Nordstroms, so I figured it was a thread appropriate brag. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
AppleMark
AppleMark

That is sweet!
Are you going back to school?
post #61273 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Are you
That is sweet!
Are you going back to school?

Yup, after a 2 year break and decade long break before that. shog[1].gif
post #61274 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Yup, after a 2 year break and decade long break before that. shog[1].gif

Good for you man! I did the same thing a few years ago. Learned a lot more than if I had gone at a younger "party" age. What are you studying?
post #61275 of 110173
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post


Good for you man! I did the same thing a few years ago. Learned a lot more than if I had gone at a younger "party" age. What are you studying?

 

Major in Thriftology at a graduate level! fing02[1].gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread