It looks like he deleted his blog last night.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:22 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 3/9/17 at 10:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4056post #60827 of 1387281/22/13 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by concealed
Tuesday morning thrift fit:
Jacket: Z Zegna herringbone tweedish (thanks mexicutioner, great trading partner)
Shirt: Hawes & Curtis($4.99)
Pants: Burberry London ($5.99)
Belt: Trafalgar ($2.99)
Shoes: AE beaters, light dusting of snow last night (Bradley model) (thanks EazyE, another great trading partner)
I would shave 1" off the inseam of those pants. Other than thatpost #60828 of 1387281/22/13 at 7:41amQuote:Quote:
ALSO, huge shout out to JPMorris who, upon seeing me comment about how awesome a Finamore shirt was, sent it to me in good faith. Will get back with ya soon!post #60829 of 1387281/22/13 at 8:44amQuote:Originally Posted by ChetBakerSings
LOL: Our favorite cart-kicker responds: http://frenchyfoundit.tumblr.com/post/41174675425/shout-out-los-face-and-deadboy-please-note-that
tl;dr: "I've got this place locked down."
Saw this before it got deleted...pretty hilarious, I didn't mind the tone, he's just calling it like he sees it. If he's leaving Gucci, zegna and Cheaney shoes in my size as his scraps, I'm more than happy to collect.
A few recent pick ups...it's been light on the sartorial search so making up for it with outdoor gear. Both SC are a 40r in my size so NA for now as I decide which to keep.
Canali grey windowpane 3bn, dual vent sc
BB Golden Fleece custom tailored in 2010 2bn, dual vent, working cuffs
Canali ss polo shirts marked 54 so 44us or L
A couple of cotton Japanese pocket squares NA
Clockwise from top right: r1 pullover NA, synch vest NA, grid regulator fleece zip L, vintage snap t L NA, NOS retro x from '99 L
For the ladies
Clockwise from top left: lululemon scuba hoodie sz6, lulu scuba hoodie sz8, lulu lace up hoodie M, north face down vest XS, arcteryx wind shirt pullover XL (44" chest so may keep for the slopes as it fits...)
Finally a week behind deadboy but picked up my own Schott perfecto leather jacket in great vintage condition sz40 and fits but definitely not my stylepost #60830 of 1387281/22/13 at 9:48ampost #60831 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:08ampost #60832 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:11ampost #60833 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:14ampost #60834 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:25ampost #60835 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:30amQuote:Originally Posted by RandyQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
For whatever reason I was perusing sig links and came across Fueco's blog. Totally recommended. Unlike most blogs, this one's both well-written and informative — from carbon dating Harris Tweed labels to why Pendleton shirts are a joy to the psychology of why we thrift, et. al. Entirely worthy of a permanent bookmark imho.
Thanks, man. Does that mean I need to start posting more there?
The next piece might be on the Dobbs hat, as I dig up more information...post #60836 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:36am
Wes didn't chime in, who I would ask, but it seems like sort of a small grain for elephant if that makes sense? It reminds me of some shoes I snagged awhile ago that I think we decided were water buffalo. However, it does loook like elephant too.
Edit: bout to post a haul, although after Ray's im sort of embarrassed :(. I passed on some Borsalino PANTS two days ago, would this be the borsalino of hat making fame/worth anything? If this was a stupid pass I can tell one of our DFW residents where to find them.post #60837 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:37amStopped before a meeting today and made a couple quick scores. This sweet Nile crocodile
belt made in S. Africa really caught my eye. I don't know anything about leather but I couldn't let it go. It's rather large at 46". If anyone know anything about it let me know!
Edited by sthenosall - 1/22/13 at 10:48ampost #60838 of 1387281/22/13 at 10:39amQuote:
PM sent on the BB Maker tie. I know at least one member on here fancy those.Quote:Originally Posted by jcb9
Suits/Sport Coats/Blazers - availability inside
Trend Corneliani NWT Wool/Cashmere unlined sport coat. I know these are not the same quality construction as the mainline, and it feels fused, but for the price I could not pass it up (90% off retail at Marshalls) - not available
Bespoke suit - Holland & Sherry fabric - working buttons, single pleat pants. Fits like a glove but sending to my tailor to take out the pants a tad. Not Available.
BR Made in Italy (who makes these again) - in my size so not available
Brooks Brothers staple navy blazer - Loro Piana wool - Measures about a 44R (can give precise measurements in PM) - available
BB Chino sport coat - Measure 44-46R (can give precise measurements in PM) - available
Shoes - not available - just for show. Copped them for $4.95.
The "good" J&M Crown Aristocraft before they let their quality standards go. Red shoelaces were my addition.
Ties - all available and all between 57-59 in. long and 3.25-3.75 in. wide
Villa Bolgheri - pattern looks like rose buds.
Brioni - the light streaks toward the top of this first picture are a subtle pattern in the silk that is seen/unseen based on direction of the light. Pretty neat.
Shirts - all available. No stains or yellow collars.
PRL Formal Shirt point-collar double cuff - 16/33
Armani Coll. casual shirt - 17 (EU 43). Can measure sleeves if interested.
Gitman Bros. white point collar - 16/36
Gitman Bros. ecru button-down collar - 16/35
And finally, for all the Harry Potter fans out there...
I'm pretty sure Lardini make for BB so BB Italy made are most likely by them. Hope this helps.
Why does Frenchy keep deleting his blog?post #60839 of 1387281/22/13 at 11:10am
2nd thrift fit EVER. Was going for a EazyE look the other day w/ my new RRL tweed jacket. I know Sleeves are waaay too long, but its going to the tailor soon, I haven't had a piece of clothing i've wanted to wear this badly for a long time though, so fuck it! Pants have a subtle salmon-ish check to them that doesn't come across well in pics. Also, for everyone who didn't see my last pic, IM WHITE! Suprise! (i guess, i didn't realize that was the public perception of me till last time LOL)
Also, INCOMING, I fit all of this:
In this:post #60840 of 1387281/22/13 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by eazye
Just picked up what I'm pretty sure is a piece of luggage made out of elephant. Dated 1926, with the OG key! I've never handled the stuff before so if anybody can confirm or deny this, I'd be really grateful.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Maybe it's seal?
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 4 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Lanieri Online MTM suits Made in Italy - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 12 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 19 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 21 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 31 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...