Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 4:48 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4040post #60587 of 1387281/19/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by sn0wman
Thinking about the earlier posts about wooden hangers:
I was wandering through a thrift store today and came across a number of these unusual contraptions - Italian made wooden trousers hangers. I suppose the felt is to keep wood stain from bleeding onto the fabric? Never seen these before, but the engineer in me kind of digs it. Anyone ever use these? Do you put the cuffs in the "clamp" or do you fold them in half and leave an inch of material above the clamp to avoid unsightly creases?
These are female skirt hangers.Don't you remember your mother using them? The cheap ones have clips.I guess they could be used for their slacks too.post #60588 of 1387281/19/13 at 6:52amQuote:
If they used them for slacks they're hang from the waistband, you can see it's a width for a female waist-24"
Hanging from hem would only stretch and ruin shape from the weight.post #60589 of 1387281/19/13 at 7:11ampost #60590 of 1387281/19/13 at 7:45ampost #60591 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:06ampost #60592 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:11amQuote:
If you have room in your closet to hang from the cuffs, the tension of the weight of the top of your trousers will keep them wrinkle-free and help maintain that crease. If I didn't have a half-height closet, I'd use these for all my trousers.post #60593 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:14amQuote:
I think you missed the key in Greek's post -- he was feeding him his Grandmother's homemade Greek food. Good Food > Good clothes.post #60594 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:37amQuote:
It's worse than that. He takes pictures of his unbelievable finds AND waits at home for a damn phone call from DM7 to bring over a truckload of stuff. Seriously, wtf is going on out there?post #60595 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:41amHas anyone seen this Macklemore thrifting video:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)just kiddin
Week was kinda slow till I found this BB golden fleece suit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Paid $35 for it at a thrift, which was higher than usual for these parts. I did it b/c it fits and just needs minor alterations. Fantastic handsewn details. M. Greenfield? N/A but I will make available another BB GF suit that I had gotten a while back (40-42Rish). Check the trading thread for that one.
Other finds. Incotex FF chocolaty cords. 38x31 Available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Trafalgar brown thinnish belt. N/A
VV long sleeve button down "Murray" shirt. Color is reddish orange. Tagged Large. Available
Charvet L/S dress shirt. Tagged 44. French cuffs. Fits my neck size 16.5 but it is too baggy. I would say the sleeves are 33ish. p2p is 26". Reluctantly available.post #60596 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:03ampost #60597 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:31amStopped at one spot today and found some awesome stuff. Everything is available for TRADE, except the ties.
4 super trad skinny ties, presumably from the same guy.
Nut rag, should pay for the purchases today.
I finally popped my Jil Sander cherry, and with a real nice shirt too! Pristine, blue with white stripes and nice smoked MOP's, made in Italy , size 17
Kick ass waxed cotton jacket by Kenny Ireland. Very similar to Barbour, size L
Speaking of BBGF, found this jacket but no trousers to be seen. It's navy though, so could be used as a blazer and I intend to check back at that store for the next couple days. Loro Piana, size43R also Martin Greenfield?
And finally one of my favorite finds of all time. Recent HF Loro Piana blue windowpane blazer. In a size 43R Looks like it was never even tried on. This is available but only for something comparable in my size please. Brianpore, you still got that size 38?post #60598 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:33ampost #60599 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:54ampost #60600 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:55am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 39 seconds ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 53 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 59 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...