Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4040
Styleforum Top Pickspost #60587 of 1387281/19/13 at 6:44amQuote:Originally Posted by sn0wman
Thinking about the earlier posts about wooden hangers:
I was wandering through a thrift store today and came across a number of these unusual contraptions - Italian made wooden trousers hangers. I suppose the felt is to keep wood stain from bleeding onto the fabric? Never seen these before, but the engineer in me kind of digs it. Anyone ever use these? Do you put the cuffs in the "clamp" or do you fold them in half and leave an inch of material above the clamp to avoid unsightly creases?
These are female skirt hangers.Don't you remember your mother using them? The cheap ones have clips.I guess they could be used for their slacks too.post #60588 of 1387281/19/13 at 6:52amQuote:
If they used them for slacks they're hang from the waistband, you can see it's a width for a female waist-24"
Hanging from hem would only stretch and ruin shape from the weight.post #60589 of 1387281/19/13 at 7:11ampost #60590 of 1387281/19/13 at 7:45ampost #60591 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:06ampost #60592 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:11amQuote:
If you have room in your closet to hang from the cuffs, the tension of the weight of the top of your trousers will keep them wrinkle-free and help maintain that crease. If I didn't have a half-height closet, I'd use these for all my trousers.post #60593 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:14amQuote:
I think you missed the key in Greek's post -- he was feeding him his Grandmother's homemade Greek food. Good Food > Good clothes.post #60594 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:37amQuote:
It's worse than that. He takes pictures of his unbelievable finds AND waits at home for a damn phone call from DM7 to bring over a truckload of stuff. Seriously, wtf is going on out there?post #60595 of 1387281/19/13 at 8:41amHas anyone seen this Macklemore thrifting video:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)just kiddin
Week was kinda slow till I found this BB golden fleece suit:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Paid $35 for it at a thrift, which was higher than usual for these parts. I did it b/c it fits and just needs minor alterations. Fantastic handsewn details. M. Greenfield? N/A but I will make available another BB GF suit that I had gotten a while back (40-42Rish). Check the trading thread for that one.
Other finds. Incotex FF chocolaty cords. 38x31 Available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Trafalgar brown thinnish belt. N/A
VV long sleeve button down "Murray" shirt. Color is reddish orange. Tagged Large. Available
Charvet L/S dress shirt. Tagged 44. French cuffs. Fits my neck size 16.5 but it is too baggy. I would say the sleeves are 33ish. p2p is 26". Reluctantly available.post #60596 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:03ampost #60597 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:31amStopped at one spot today and found some awesome stuff. Everything is available for TRADE, except the ties.
4 super trad skinny ties, presumably from the same guy.
Nut rag, should pay for the purchases today.
I finally popped my Jil Sander cherry, and with a real nice shirt too! Pristine, blue with white stripes and nice smoked MOP's, made in Italy , size 17
Kick ass waxed cotton jacket by Kenny Ireland. Very similar to Barbour, size L
Speaking of BBGF, found this jacket but no trousers to be seen. It's navy though, so could be used as a blazer and I intend to check back at that store for the next couple days. Loro Piana, size43R also Martin Greenfield?
And finally one of my favorite finds of all time. Recent HF Loro Piana blue windowpane blazer. In a size 43R Looks like it was never even tried on. This is available but only for something comparable in my size please. Brianpore, you still got that size 38?post #60598 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:33ampost #60599 of 1387281/19/13 at 9:54am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 35 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Best chat app? 5 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?