or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4030  

post #60436 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Lastdonb won for the gold buttons I thought?

 

Still don't know about the thrift fit competition

 

EDIT: Nevermind

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox C View Post


Thanks, and congrats!
Oops, you're right. Brainfade.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmac7 View Post


How much $ did the gold buttons bring in, Anyone know?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb9 View Post

Over $500 I think.  Probably melt value.

 

Found a Brioni tie (my first Brioni in the wild) and a pair of J&M Crown Aristocraft longwings.  Will be a restore project after I get a shipment of Saphir in next week.

 

 

Very close, $546.20 to me (and I still have the Oxxford) 24k spot gold was going for $1570 per oz. on 6/20/12, the buttons were 14k....

post #60437 of 138728
And this vintage beaut - Tweed Three Piece Suit! This thing is rad: ticket pocket, double vents, horn buttons, handiwork everywhere:

AppleMark
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


Wish it fit, it's about a 38s.
[/quote]

Oh.....my.....god........
post #60438 of 138728
that Carrol & Co 3 piece is SICK!
post #60439 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post

Went to a consignment store today, found this with the brand marked as "Coat" on the tag. It felt nice so I took a closer look...



nod[1].gif

Fits perfect NA, I'll take some better pics later.

 

Boglioli diffusion. Nice stuff.

post #60440 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

And this vintage beaut - Tweed Three Piece Suit! This thing is rad: ticket pocket, double vents, horn buttons, handiwork everywhere:

AppleMark
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


AppleMark


Wish it fit, it's about a 38s.

Is that on it's way to Spoo as well, or available?
post #60441 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post


Is that on it's way to Spoo as well, or available?


STEP OFF

 

 

How can you tell if buttons are horn or plastic?

post #60442 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post


STEP OFF


How can you tell if buttons are horn or plastic?

frown.gif
post #60443 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post


STEP OFF


How can you tell if buttons are horn or plastic?

If I can't tell by looks/feel alone, I just put a pin to a flame until it's red hot and touch the back of a button.
post #60444 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post


STEP OFF


How can you tell if buttons are horn or plastic?

Come on man, It's too hot to wear that thing in the ATL. Now, up in Chicago, it could come in reeeeeeal handy. peepwall[1].gif
post #60445 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewi View Post


Is that on it's way to Spoo as well, or available?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLjon View Post


STEP OFF

 

 

How can you tell if buttons are horn or plastic?

 

Available, but quadruple dibsed. Honestly, on the buttons, I could be wrong. But they look like horn and judging on the overall quality of the jacket I guess I just assumed.  Might try the pin test or the light test (mentioned here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/3500/horn-buttons-vs-plastic-buttons/0_100) tonight.

post #60446 of 138728

Announcing....

 

 

 

 

nSuited

 

*Pre launch for all y'all who like to get a good seat before the fun starts...

post #60447 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Announcing....






[SIZE=300%]nSuited
[/SIZE]


*Pre launch for all y'all who like to get a good seat before the fun starts...



NICCCEEEEEE.


great prices by the way wink.gif
post #60448 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post


Available, but quadruple dibsed. Honestly, on the buttons, I could be wrong. But they look like horn and judging on the overall quality of the jacket I guess I just assumed.  Might try the pin test or the light test (mentioned here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/3500/horn-buttons-vs-plastic-buttons/0_100) tonight.

Poop.

Love a nice tweed.
post #60449 of 138728
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

I thought I'd throw a couple of pictures of the new "hat rack" I put up in my closet as I was able to do it for under ‚ā¨15. It was a pretty simple project made from shelving brackets and fabric covered styrofoam balls.



icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Great idea! Love it! Will definitely be doing something along these lines in our next house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post

Announcing....






[SIZE=300%]nSuited
[/SIZE]


*Pre launch for all y'all who like to get a good seat before the fun starts...


thumbs-up.gif
post #60450 of 138728
Found these bad boys (versace t75 models) today....



and did a little more research to find that this bad boy wore them...... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif (maybe available, still undecided)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread