or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4015

post #60211 of 118231

Wow.. really dig those chairs!  Perfect height for your windows too...

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubs View Post

 

Also, not thrift prices, but my wife picked up these chairs for my birthday the other week from a resale shop:

post #60212 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Ties... Alain Figaret and Ralph Lauren (is this the purple label I'm looking for?

 

That looks to be it! Good find!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

 

Trying to move anything Pal Zileri on eBay for even a fraction of what it's worth is a frustrating experience indeed. A bunch of rubes on that site, I tells ya.

 


I've been meaning to post every time someone writes something like that, so don't take it personally (and don't let it detract from your solid haul): Guys, working cuffs aren't all that uncommon on casual coats. I've found them on a bunch of cheap stuff - even a (pre-SF) BR coat of mine has them.  

 

+1 I've seen cheap J mall brand jackets with crappily cut functional sleeves. Now if the button holes were hand sewn on and properly cut, it's a sign for quality.

post #60213 of 118231

Finally got around to getting a pair myself. Thanks for the sizing help Grendel. Not as good of a deal as the Alden x Leather Soul sale, but those were sold out in about a min anyway.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Not really thrift related, but these are still on sale... They came this morning (like 30 hours after I ordered them... from the UK) and they fit great

 

 

post #60214 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Rocky Mountain Featherbed = find of the year so far. WOW. Nice dude. Please send me the link when you list that beyotch.

Thanks, will do.

post #60215 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

 

Trying to move anything Pal Zileri on eBay for even a fraction of what it's worth is a frustrating experience indeed. A bunch of rubes on that site, I tells ya.

 

 

Working on my first experience trying to move PZ (Overcoat w/ LP Fabric), frustrating when you have to list something a second time, thats in decent shape, i know new was $1200-1800 and I can't even get a $50 bid.

post #60216 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

How do you like the quality? I've always pass on these. Nothing too special.

 

 

+1 I think the line is now defunct.


Quality was ok. Felt along the lines of the old Union made Polo stuff I have. Decent for yourself but not for a flip. It's $1.49 day so I will check back and see if it's there. Jacket fit me PERFECT but the pants need some slight tapering... could be fun to have a real DB suit

post #60217 of 118231
So when is that road trip from the Bay Area down to la xD
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TKmCSOdVJMU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTKmCSOdVJMU
post #60218 of 118231
Jesus, you people take direction worse than my clients.

Pms (many) recrived. Will respond when I damn well please as soon as can come up for air after my meetings. Will likely be looking for cash, since my closet overfloweth, but my sizes are below, if you want to come at me with a trade offer. . Do not mean to sound d÷ckish, but I'm so buried at work, this will probably just go faster if people come @ me with offers. I will give the best deal I'm able under the circumstances, trade/thread regulars getting preference and dudes who I owe IOUs will get uber-preference.

Btw, the size on the LP car coat is 42R, size on the Chester Barrie is 44Ran and the shirts vary, but the Finamore is effing mine.
post #60219 of 118231
spoiler (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Grabbed this Leather, Sheepskin & Nylon - Goose Down vest at lunch today....








Feeling pretty good about it after seeing this.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=rocky+mountain+featherbed+vest&_sop=3

Too bad its not one of those fully leather jobs...but hey you won't hear me complain.

It's already been said but drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif
post #60220 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Jesus, you people take direction worse than my clients.

Pms (many) recrived. Will respond when I damn well please as soon as can come up for air after my meetings. Will likely be looking for cash, since my closet overfloweth, but my sizes are below, if you want to come at me with a trade offer. . Do not mean to sound d÷ckish, but I'm so buried at work, this will probably just go faster if people come @ me with offers. I will give the best deal I'm able under the circumstances, trade/thread regulars getting preference and dudes who I owe IOUs will get uber-preference.

Btw, the size on the LP car coat is 42R, size on the Chester Barrie is 44Ran and the shirts vary, but the Finamore is effing mine.


I am going to pm you just because...peepwall[1].gif

post #60221 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Jesus, you people take direction worse than my clients.

Pms (many) recrived. Will respond when I damn well please as soon as can come up for air after my meetings. Will likely be looking for cash, since my closet overfloweth, but my sizes are below, if you want to come at me with a trade offer. . Do not mean to sound d÷ckish, but I'm so buried at work, this will probably just go faster if people come @ me with offers. I will give the best deal I'm able under the circumstances, trade/thread regulars getting preference and dudes who I owe IOUs will get uber-preference.

Btw, the size on the LP car coat is 42R, size on the Chester Barrie is 44Ran and the shirts vary, but the Finamore is effing mine.

Sorry, pm'ed you before I read the no pm thing. peepwall[1].gif
post #60222 of 118231

I am not sure if you guys wear these ties but here is another PSA: http://shnoop.com/

 

This code will get you $1 off plus free shipping. FATSHNOOP1

post #60223 of 118231
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

I've been meaning to post every time someone writes something like that, so don't take it personally (and don't let it detract from your solid haul): Guys, working cuffs aren't all that uncommon on casual coats. I've found them on a bunch of cheap stuff - even a (pre-SF) BR coat of mine has them.  

 

Thanks, that's interesting. I've never seen them on casual jackets or coats before and was surprised to see them this time. But now that you mention it, maybe I've never seen them because I never looked that closely.

post #60224 of 118231
Church's custom grade cap toes, old(ish) Pendleton sweater. 10.5 (I think) for the shoes and sweater is tagged XL (will measure later). Both for sale.





post #60225 of 118231

Available PRL Blackwatch Lambswool Vest, Large. Chest is 22.25", Length 24"

 

 

 

Last week 1ofthecoolkids and I found my lifetime supply of khakis- 3 NWT, un-hemmed Bill's Khakis, 1 Bill's Khakis, and 2 BB

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread