Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 9:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4014post #60196 of 1387281/14/13 at 7:50pmIt is RL signature, but not a predecessor to PL or BL, as PL and Signature were made concurrently. Signature is pretty darn good quality, with more handwork than the US-made Polo suits, but not as much as PL or BL. Excellent pick up for yourself, but notsomuch for flipping because it's a rather esoteric RL line.post #60197 of 1387281/14/13 at 7:58pmpost #60198 of 1387281/14/13 at 8:01pmpost #60199 of 1387281/14/13 at 8:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
, I knew Uncle Nat would be proud...
I did learn that they are being made again in Japan (since 2005) by an avid Rocky Mtn Featherbed collector who "re-opened" the business.
Was doubly pleased so find that this one is from the original company...and I have yet to find another instance of this specific color combination.
Definitely! Well done.
Oddly enough, I didn't see any of the repro stuff in Japan, though I did see a lot of other cool vintage repros of companies that I know went under decades ago. I'd be happy to find either or.post #60200 of 1387281/14/13 at 8:15pmpost #60201 of 1387281/14/13 at 8:29pm
Thrift fit from todayWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #60202 of 1387281/14/13 at 8:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Grabbed this Leather, Sheepskin & Nylon - Goose Down vest at lunch today....
Feeling pretty good about it after seeing this.
Too bad its not one of those fully leather jobs...but hey you won't hear me complain.
I'm thinking my follow up to the Gucci croc loafers will be a grip of these this year...
Hella eBay $$$ right below me. Nice!!!post #60203 of 1387281/14/13 at 8:54pm
Could have been the day of my life, but pretty good nonetheless. Came into contact with some flippers, ran to the shelves and grabbed anything of quality. Please see pictures below.Quote:Originally Posted by westling
Had a pretty good day. And a pretty good yesterday, too.
At lunch I popped into the thrift store down the block and found these. From left to right: John Varvatos made in Italy; unknown made in France (see teaser for the tag; any ideas would be welcomed!); Atelson Collection super 130s (anyone know this brand?); and my very first Zanella unicorn. All of these are about an inch too small in the waist for me; thus, they strengthen my resolve to drop more poundage. In other words, not available. At least for now, while I'm still optimistic. Interestingly, they're tagged with different sizes (US35, EU50, EU48, and EU44) but all have been altered to about a 34" waist and it shows in the amount of fabric available to let out.
The best part is that it was half-price-clothes day, so the total for all four came to $8.48.
Yesterday I found this chocolate brown corduroy RRL at the same little store. Not available. When I first saw it, I thought it was missing a sleeve button, then discovered it had working buttons. Dang. Working sleeve buttons in a corduroy jacket? Cool.
Found the next three jackets at the local GW:
BB blue houndstooth check, not available:
Canali, also not available:
BB dark blue linen jacket, tagged 46R, available:
Did someone say pants??...to come in time.
Just a couple of shirt pickups, not the usual but all mop buttons and stuff, size XXL:
John Varvatos, James Perse, James PerseWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PRL Blue Label-Corneliani Size 36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex for EZ, Navy, Size 38 ish, possibly 40
Incotex, Blue, Super 100s, Size 36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex, Chino Lino, Size 36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex, Awesome, Size 36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex, Charcoal, Super 100s, Size 36
Incotex, Grey, Super 100s, Size 36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Incotex, light charcoal, Size 36Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tod's, Marked 9 so I am guessing around a 10Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And the "Oh my that is the $195 sweater the other workers were talking about"
If you clicked this far you might as well click the spoiler for this one
Sweater, 70% Cashmere, 30%SilkWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unfortunately nothing is my size, so everything is available.post #60204 of 1387281/14/13 at 9:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by tben
I missed out on probably the best haul of my life today by a few minutes; borrelli, loro piana, zegna mil mil, recent canali, prl corneliani. Bad news bears. I would have known what it feels like for dm for one day, but alas, I am literally sick to my stomach. More story deets later with pictures of somethings that you will be interested in.
This makes me sad.Quote:
Now if that was only a 3 piece 100% cashmere MENS suit... *sigh*
Gucci certainly looks real and I am feeling the Tomasso Fordolini vibe on that!Quote:
Rocky Mountain Featherbed = find of the year so far. WOW. Nice dude. Please send me the link when you list that beyotch.post #60205 of 1387281/14/13 at 9:29pmpost #60206 of 1387281/14/13 at 9:59pmStill tallying today's find, but it includes (but is not limited to):
RLBL (Corneliani) choc brown chalk stripe flannel suit, 44L
NWOT APC New Standard 32 x 30ish
NWOT RRL selvedge 32 x 30ish
Chester Barrie blue nailhead suit
Shirts including RLPL, Finamore, T&A, Zegna, Paul Smith
Ties including 2x vintage unlined Donnegal tweed, Zegna cashmere
Unknown label , Made in Italy car coat w Loro Piana Storm System fabric
(Much available; AGAIN - PLEASE SAVE YOUR PMS FOR WHEN MY HEAD WON'T EXPLODE FROM BEING OVERCOMMITTED. Thanx.
In other news: EXPLAIN YOURSELF UNIVERSE!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190776030891?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649post #60207 of 1387281/14/13 at 10:18pm
Lol, I completely forgot I tossed that thing in there. I was curious about a $7 (with shipping) automatic watch on eBay, and this thing came in the mail. Toootally inaccurate picture when I bought it, so was never ever going to wear it. Have fun!Quote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
HUUUUUGGGGE shout out to cesar c once again i only just shipped his stuff out today and he has already sent me two baller big wooly confortable crewneck sweaters a super awesome green uber trad dartmouth co op blazer and just for shits and gigs he threw in a dope watch!!!pic (Click to show)
Love that outfit! Purple and pink tones work really well together with the blue. And those shoes are gorgeous, and look like a great fit.Quote:Originally Posted by grendel
Thrift fit from todayWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oh, and I passed a really cool old H. Freeman & Sons. tweed SC from the 1950's with a beautiful label, 42S I think. Was going to pick it up until I realized a trio of holes in the side. Can get it on half-off day if anyone wants. I was sad to leave it since it was interesting, but damn holes.post #60208 of 1387281/14/13 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by steveoly
Drop doesn't necessarily mean its an orphaned suit jacket. I have a number of odd jackets that show a drop.
If it's PZ Sartoriale definitely it would be worth the pick up. If it's ordinary PZ, YMMV. More active voices may have better knowledge of the second hand PZ market than me.
Trying to move anything Pal Zileri on eBay for even a fraction of what it's worth is a frustrating experience indeed. A bunch of rubes on that site, I tells ya.Quote:
I've been meaning to post every time someone writes something like that, so don't take it personally (and don't let it detract from your solid haul): Guys, working cuffs aren't all that uncommon on casual coats. I've found them on a bunch of cheap stuff - even a (pre-SF) BR coat of mine has them.post #60209 of 1387281/14/13 at 10:48pmQuote:
How do you like the quality? I've always pass on these. Nothing too special.Quote:Originally Posted by 330CK
It is RL signature, but not a predecessor to PL or BL, as PL and Signature were made concurrently. Signature is pretty darn good quality, with more handwork than the US-made Polo suits, but not as much as PL or BL. Excellent pick up for yourself, but notsomuch for flipping because it's a rather esoteric RL line.
+1 I think the line is now defunct.post #60210 of 1387281/14/13 at 10:52pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knit ties for sale (Beckett&Robb, Viola Milano etc) 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 9 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...