Be careful with Jordan's. I found two pairs last year...I got dinged because the guy who bought them said they were fake.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 9:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3989post #59821 of 1387281/10/13 at 4:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59822 of 1387281/10/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
Yeah no I've been collecting Jordans and sneakers in general for about 8 years so luckily I can tell the difference. 99% of them I see in thrifts are fake.post #59823 of 1387281/10/13 at 4:32pmpost #59824 of 1387281/10/13 at 4:34pmpost #59825 of 1387281/10/13 at 4:41pm
I figure I should PSA this if anyone is interested. Sorry if it was already done. Ralph Lauren Sale extra 30% off. Use this code BZR2956 for an extra 10%. This makes wool sweaters between 28-38 dollars. http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1760788post #59826 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by horse's_ass
This is a pure brag post, everything is NA. Some but not all of the stuff I've picked up this week:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
T-B: Zegna Su Misura, Theory, BB Made in Italy
T-B: Cum rag, Flippa K, Brioni FC, Billy Reid, Tim Hamilton, Tim Hamilton, Borrelli
T-B: Brioni flannel suit, Brioni SC, Brioni SC, Brioni SC
T-B: Recent Zegna SC, +J linen/cotton blend SC, Cantarelli for Faconnable wool/cashmere SC, Burberry London glenplaid SC
Wait what...All these were thrifts???!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wait, what...How old are you?Quote:Originally Posted by Fueco
The basic problem is that the thieves know that mosts thrift stores have little to no security (I visited one place -Thrift Town in San Francisco- that actually had a security guard). Most are incredibly easy to steal from, and yeah, a lot of the employees don't care, much like most retail establishments (can you tell I used to work in retail as a peon first and then in management?). Unless the shops can afford security or cameras, the problem will not get better. It'll still be damned near impossible catching people stealing buttons in the fitting rooms, unless you pay someone enough to check every single item that goes into and out of the fitting rooms.
He's a nice fellow. A bit on the weird side but I enjoyed an interesting conversation with him about Kung Fu and martial arts. According to him, the most dangerous fighter in the street is a boxer...Hmmmm, sure.Quote:Originally Posted by tben
I figure I should PSA this if anyone is interested. Sorry if it was already done. Ralph Lauren Sale extra 30% off. Use this code BZR2956 for an extra 10%. This makes wool sweaters between 28-38 dollars. http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1760788
Good man! Thanks!post #59827 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:21pmpost #59828 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:27pmpost #59829 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:34pm
And fwiw RLPL ties for about $60Quote:Originally Posted by tben
I figure I should PSA this if anyone is interested. Sorry if it was already done. Ralph Lauren Sale extra 30% off. Use this code BZR2956 for an extra 10%. This makes wool sweaters between 28-38 dollars. http://www.ralphlauren.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1760788post #59830 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:41pmpost #59831 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:55pmStopped by eazye's PRL place today, all he left were acrylic cardigans
another stop after work gave me the good:
LB 16.5, dunhill wool/cotton, W&G wool/cotton
Incotex for EZ (NA), LB 52 wool/cotton
wool cotton blend kind of day I guess.
But then, there was the bad:
$18.99 dissected pants?
and then the ugly...post #59832 of 1387281/10/13 at 5:58pmpost #59833 of 1387281/10/13 at 6:09pmpost #59834 of 1387281/10/13 at 6:24pm
Yeah, I honestly don't know how they'd respond to that, unless you are a legacy (which you might be). Even so, though, it seems a little presumptuous. In my interview (not there, but comparable) I didn't even wear a jacket or tie, but obviously putting effort into looking put-together, since I didn't want to give off the impression that I was try-hard or kiss-ass. Too many of those in the ivies as it is. Then again, maybe you have to wear jacket and tie where you go to school (?). But maybe you can later let us know how it went!
Quote:Originally Posted by GM-HQuote:
Thanks, just applying for undergrad admissionHahaha that's exactly what I was going for!post #59835 of 1387281/10/13 at 6:28pmQuote:
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 12 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 29 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 47 seconds ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 55 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...