or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3985

post #59761 of 102798

NWT Norse Projects in a Thrift Store....wow, just wow

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


post #59762 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_allen_p View Post

Sorry, but everything is either mine, spoken for, on it's way to ebay, or sold already.

A few weeks worth of pickups.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Brioni Cashmere
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brioni Wool / Silk Blend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brioni Wool
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NWT Todd Snyder x Southwick Wool / Linen Blend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Patchwork Sport Coat / MOP Buttons


Faconnable Wool / Silk Blend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Loro Piana Cashmere / Silk Sweater
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Paul Stuart Cashmere Sweater


Pringle Cashmere Scarf - seemingly new


Brooks Brothers Women's Leather Jacket


Rubinacci Shirt - Not sure if this is the same Rubinacci as Mariano Rubinacci, but it's nice enough for me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Ties
The Hermes was being returned with a bag of other crap right as I was at the register paying. The woman set it down right in front of me.






Supplies


Even bought a clothing rack at GW


Finally broke down and picked up a Robert Graham since it was loud and cheap...and now I'm converted. This thing sold in less than 10min, for what I thought was a BIN that was pushing it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

wow.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #59763 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Arnold Zimberg (thrifted). Dickies (Walmart). Worn Brand (thrifted). TBNY (thrifted)

 


Hope no one walked into the bathroom while you were taking a photo of your crotch. uhoh.gif

 

Don't you _ever_ take a picture of your crotch again.

sorry

 

 

 Why's that?

post #59764 of 102798

Same here, otherwise i get bulges in the shoulder area from where the hanger stretched the fabric.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

And I need the opposite- bigger hangers, but I can't afford to buy Hanger Project stuff. First world problems.

post #59765 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post

And I need the opposite- bigger hangers, but I can't afford to buy Hanger Project stuff. First world problems.

If I was the kind of person that spent $30 on a hangar, I probably wouldn't be shopping at thrift stores.
post #59766 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_allen_p View Post

Sorry, but everything is either mine, spoken for, on it's way to ebay, or sold already.

A few weeks worth of pickups.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Brioni Cashmere
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brioni Wool / Silk Blend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brioni Wool
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NWT Todd Snyder x Southwick Wool / Linen Blend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Patchwork Sport Coat / MOP Buttons


Faconnable Wool / Silk Blend
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Loro Piana Cashmere / Silk Sweater
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Paul Stuart Cashmere Sweater


Pringle Cashmere Scarf - seemingly new


Brooks Brothers Women's Leather Jacket


Rubinacci Shirt - Not sure if this is the same Rubinacci as Mariano Rubinacci, but it's nice enough for me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Ties
The Hermes was being returned with a bag of other crap right as I was at the register paying. The woman set it down right in front of me.






Supplies


Even bought a clothing rack at GW


Finally broke down and picked up a Robert Graham since it was loud and cheap...and now I'm converted. This thing sold in less than 10min, for what I thought was a BIN that was pushing it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Wowie!!! If you have anything nice in 40s, dibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

 

 

 Why's that?

 

rotflmao.gif

post #59767 of 102798

I think the attitude here is that you shop at thrift stores so you can spend $ on things you can't get for cheap, like quality hangers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskydingo View Post


If I was the kind of person that spent $30 on a hangar, I probably wouldn't be shopping at thrift stores.
post #59768 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post

I think the attitude here is that you shop at thrift stores so you can spend $ on things you can't get for cheap, like quality hangers.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friskydingo View Post


If I was the kind of person that spent $30 on a hangar, I probably wouldn't be shopping at thrift stores.

 

 Yeah, like 15 Year Old Single Malt Scotch... Hangers? Meh...

 

 That's just me though. nest.gif

post #59769 of 102798

You guys ever heard this song by Macklemore? I think you would all like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

post #59770 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Arnold Zimberg (thrifted). Dickies (Walmart). Worn Brand (thrifted). TBNY (thrifted)

 


Hope no one walked into the bathroom while you were taking a photo of your crotch. uhoh.gif

 

Don't you _ever_ take a picture of your crotch again.

sorry

 

 Why's that?

 

I dunno, I can't figure it out. I keep seeing this picture of Luciano Barbera himself. With his horse. It's uncanny.


Edited by Randy - 1/10/13 at 12:15am
post #59771 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltorb View Post

You guys ever heard this song by Macklemore? I think you would all like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAg3uMlNyHA

ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif
post #59772 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckfro View Post

My first post! (Click to show)
New to thrifting and I live in a pretty small town in NW Georgia, so I thought this was a pretty decent first haul.

Trousers:
Polo RL - Black Watch Tartan
Polo RL - Glen Plaid (white and black)
Bravini - Wool/Cashmere blend tan

Shirts:
Charles Tyrwhitt - blue windowpane 
Faconnable - pink OCBD (with bird logo?)
Gitman Bros. - white with navy pencil stripe
Brooks Bros. - pale yellow Original Polo shirt

Blazer:
Corbin - navy (not amazing, but solid and canvassed, and I needed one)

What do you guys think?
Decent finds for yourself. Go easy on the shirts or you will soon be space challenged in your home! lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Trying to thrift ourselves a 3% interest rate reduction on our mortgage...
Attaboy! Sell the Camaro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican View Post

If anyone finds some cream flannels in 36-38, mine (old Polo) were stained and ruined recently frown.gif.
Shoot a PM to Spoo about these that I forwarded to Luxeswap. He probably still has them. I can't recall the measurements but that 54 translates into somewhere around a 38" waist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LooknGr8 View Post

...You know I thought the Dig In Action shot was kinda dicey ...
I. Did. Not. Have. Relations. With. That. Woman. Whose. Head. Is. In. My. Crotch!


Guys. I'm not usually one to complain when a forum undergoes a redesign and I may have missed any previous discussion on the subject while I was away but...

DAMN!

I may have to forgo dis joint. I can barely read it what with the tiny fonts, large white spaces and washed out thread title colors. I barely have time to get into a thrift anymore and when I do, I rarely find anything better than Banana Republic. Maybe it's time to move along.
frown.gif
post #59773 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post


Attaboy! Sell the Camaro.

 

LOL, I'd sell my wife first.

 

Update on that. I misread the paperwork and I only need $450 for settlement not $8K

 

EDIT: No, you are not allowed to leave, Dig.

post #59774 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

LOL, I'd sell my wife first.

Update on that. I misread the paperwork and I only need $450 for settlement not $8K

EDIT: No, you are not allowed to leave, Dig.

Now THAT, I could read! lol8[1].gif

I went to the thread describing the new format changes and discovered that I could go to my settings and switch from the new forum default to something called "Styleforum blue". It seems to have helped a bit but the fonts! They so tinee, still.
post #59775 of 102798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post


Now THAT, I could read! lol8[1].gif

I went to the thread describing the new format changes and discovered that I could go to my settings and switch from the new forum default to something called "Styleforum blue". It seems to have helped a bit but the fonts! They so tinee, still.

Nice...yes blue makes it much easier to separate the quotes. Thanks for the tip.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread