Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 7:55 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 6/15/16 at 6:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on Yesterday at 12:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3972post #59566 of 1387281/7/13 at 1:51pmpost #59567 of 1387281/7/13 at 1:57pmThanks Androfan, it's too bad Huntsman doesn't get much love nowadays. One of the reason this pair caught my eyes was the stitching around the welt, saw that it was real and not the fake ones you see on glued on soles.
Here are the photos of the markings and sole. Kind of hard to take it with a cellphone.post #59568 of 1387281/7/13 at 2:05pmI decided to stop by one of those "vintage" shops that I never go into today, only because it was on my way home from a meeting I had downtown this morning. I've really never had luck in these places, mostly because they're chock full of rayon cardigans and overpriced pea coats. Today however, I scored some sweet shit, first up, probably the nicest hat I've found yet and one that actually fits my rather large dome. I believe this to be pretty fucking old, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Brooks Brothers made in England by Lock & Co Hatters of St. James St. London. This thing is completely pristine. It looks like is was never even tried on.
PRL by Corneliani hounds tooth tweed windowpane hacking jacket. Wool and angora, ticket pocket, dual vented, suede elbow patches, leather buttons, the works! Size is marked 40R, but it fits me perfect in the shoulder and sleeve so I'll be keeping this one and have my tailor take it in in the waist.
Brioni green and cream hounds tooth wool tweedish. Tagged a 43R but seems a bit smaller.
And this showed up today from you know who.
And not from a thrift store, but clothing related so I thought I'd share. This came over the weekend as a late Christmas present from my folks. It details the different tailors of Saville Row and talks about their respective history's and it also has a bunch of sweet pictures.post #59569 of 1387281/7/13 at 2:14pm
Much appreciated, thanks.Quote:
Doesn't immediately ring a bell. You might try the guys over at the heel and label ID thread, they know their shit: http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-makerQuote:Originally Posted by guyver00
Thanks Androfan, it's too bad Huntsman doesn't get much love nowadays. One of the reason this pair caught my eyes was the stitching around the welt, saw that it was real and not the fake ones you see on glued on soles.
Here are the photos of the markings and sole. Kind of hard to take it with a cellphone.post #59570 of 1387281/7/13 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by eazye
And not from a thrift store, but clothing related so I thought I'd share. This came over the weekend as a late Christmas present from my folks. It details the different tailors of Saville Row and talks about their respective history's and it also has a bunch of sweet pictures.
Love this book. Got it for Christmas last year. Great pics and a lot of detailed history of Savile Row.post #59571 of 1387281/7/13 at 2:50pmpost #59572 of 1387281/7/13 at 3:27pmpost #59573 of 1387281/7/13 at 4:01pmMost recent pick ups: Not all from one trip or even from the same month... But I figured I'd combine as one post.
Polo Ralph Lauren Made in Italy Derbies 8.5D - Too snug for me
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Vintage Yohji Yamamoto Knit Tie (Looks like cotton)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DENIMSSSS: Naked & Famous, Prada, Mr. Freedom
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #59574 of 1387281/7/13 at 4:19pm
Giving the new camera a go! Sony a300 So far I love it. Recommended for it's price point; a GREAT DSLR starter for sure.
Gloverall double breasted Sz 40 Men's Duffle CoatWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Oxxford Zephyr-weave Brass Button Blazer:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sadly my colorblindness got the best of me today, thought i had a Gianni Versace Couture Suit; unfortunately....post #59575 of 1387281/7/13 at 4:29pmpost #59576 of 1387281/7/13 at 4:39pmpost #59577 of 1387281/7/13 at 5:09pmpost #59578 of 1387281/7/13 at 5:11pmpost #59579 of 1387281/7/13 at 5:15pmQuote:
Love that meme and yes, real!
Whats the scoop on that Hermes tie, I like that.
Cant wait to see you rock that all corner looking sad faced.post #59580 of 1387281/7/13 at 5:15pmThis may be off topic (though no more than the hockey chat)....
Someone posted an Eric Glennie tie last week. He was still around SF when I joined in about '07.
I was trapped in a dentist chair this afternoon and happened to catch an interview with Ozwald Boateng on the BBC World News channel. I had a flashback to the collar designs that Glennie used to post on SF.
Notwithstanding how it looks, it seems constructed to "work" with the cardigan, which seems to cover wherever the tips would end. My guess is without the cardigan, there might be some sort of collar point before the lapel.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 8 minutes ago
- › BOGLIOLI BNWT Navy Cotton Sportcoat in Size 36(US)/46(IT) - Line COAT 9 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 10 minutes ago
- › H. Stockton Atlanta - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding