Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 2:39 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3970post #59536 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #59537 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:05ampost #59538 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:06ampost #59539 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:06ampost #59540 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:14am
IS it decent...
theyre awesome!!!!! Never need to be ironed, really well cut (even if one has a stomach) and even after 3 years wear they are still worth something.
I always get mine from www.indumenti.se as they re ser vice is just amazing.post #59541 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:46ampost #59542 of 1387281/7/13 at 10:51am
Why is Goodwill getting so darn expensive?! Found 3 Zegna for NM DB suits today. The best (super 150s) was an orphan and the other 2 were $18.99 for the jacket and $14.99 for the pants!! Can proxy if anyone wants it, 54R EU sizingpost #59543 of 1387281/7/13 at 11:15amQuote:
while the increase in prices does suck, ultimately, you're still getting a Zegna suit for 33.98. Not a horrible deal.post #59544 of 1387281/7/13 at 11:18amQuote:
I've seen worse. There's a local GW that won't price any suit/SC under $20. $50-60 brooks brothers blazers are common.post #59545 of 1387281/7/13 at 11:37ampost #59546 of 1387281/7/13 at 12:10pm
It was wear your favorite team colors at work today. Which means...
Not hockey but...
Jacket: Michael Kors
Shirt and Tie: Corneliani
Pants and Belt: BB
Shoes: Lands End
But, this also means that I am a fan of...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #59547 of 1387281/7/13 at 12:17pmQuote:
Definitely painful to be a TML fan and management is absolutely clueless but it's not like I'm going to drop em and hang with Habs fans or anything...
Had tickets to the winter classic this year in Detroit, needless to say i had a few choice words lined up when it was cancelled...post #59548 of 1387281/7/13 at 12:24pmQuote:
This is the case for most of the thrift stores I'm able to hit without going way out of my way. It's the flip side of LA thrift abundance. It makes it a different game, too - it's not hard to find, for instance, a Brooks suit in good shape for $60. The trick is to find a brand they're not onto or to find the thrifts that haven't caught on.
At the end of the day, though, it's hard to complain. These are charitable organizations and they deserve to make as much for their cause as they reasonably can. Of course, I'm a hobbyist and a half-assed one at that; I'm sure I'd feel different if this were a serious part of my income, and I'm sure flippers have been on balance way better for thrift shops than not.post #59549 of 1387281/7/13 at 12:25pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 35 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1