or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3961

post #59401 of 121831

Non-clothing find. I've been getting back into bowling recently and the 13 pound ball I got when I was 14 wasn't cutting it anymore. So I was pretty excited to find this for $3.

 

 

700

 

Pretty decent ball too. http://www.bowling.com/products/discontinued/900global-bounty-hunter.htm

Looks like it's seen 10 games at most. I just have to get it drilled for me. And it's 15 pounds, so my ball won't just bounce off of the pins like it used too.

 

Also grabbed this sick Woolrich jacket labeled XL on the women's rack. Pretty sure it's neither of those.

 

700

 

Dead bird pocket.

700

 

 

Quick thrift fit with the jacket just for fun. Sorry about the dirty room/mirror/me.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

All thrifted or bought at a discount store by me.

Woolrich Jacket

Zara Shirt

Levi's Matchstick Selvedge

PRL Canvas shoes

 

 

post #59402 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

 

Define 'good'. Good for you to wear, or good to flip? If it's an old American-made Gant shirt in good condition, it'll probably be good to wear (collar looks a bit huge though). Probably won't flip for much though.

Good for flipping since this one didn't fit well.  Hopefully I can get $20 for it.  You just never know.  

post #59403 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

Friend of mine picked up a couch couple days ago for his new apartment. Was cleaning it and found someone's stash savings inside a small rip on the bottom liner... 1500 bucks. Wow. Best part, I helped him pick out the couch.

 

Thrifting money, this is crazy. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtcjt37 View Post

 

 

Zegna Made in Italy silk bathrobe

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

Pimping, nice score.

 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltorb View Post

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

All thrifted or bought at a discount store by me.

Woolrich Jacket

Zara Shirt

Levi's Matchstick Selvedge

PRL Canvas shoes

 

 

 

Awesome fit, looks really good on you. 

post #59404 of 121831

Another newbie here. I have been following the thread for a while and wanted to finally jump in myself. How have I been doing?

 

I have a couple months worth of thrifting here. I don't go as often as I'd like, and I don't think I am in the best area either.

 

Available where indicated.

 

Ralph Lauren Polos:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

Lands' End Polos:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


La Coste Polo:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


More Ralph Lauren polos:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

 

Brooks Brothers Shirts, all available. From top to bottom: Traditional Fit, 16 - 34; 17 1/2 - 34, traditional fit; XXL, Regular Fit

400

 

More Brooks Brothers Shirts, both available, from Top to Bottom: Large; 16 1/2 - 34/35

400

 

Paul Stuart, available: 16 1/2, 35.

Zegna.

400

 

Lands End Shirt, available: L, 16-16 1/2

400

 

 

AE Park Ave, available. In really great shape. 12 D.

400

 

400

 

400

 

Ralph Lauren Cords, Available. 35 x 30

400

 

400

 

2 Brooks Brothers Chinos and One Lands' End:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

Polo Ralph Lauren Pants:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

 

Brooks Brothers and J. Press Pants:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

400

 

 

Lands' End Shirts:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

Brooks Brothers Dress Shirts:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

Lands' End Dress Shirts:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


2 Brook Brothers Shirts and a Pendleton:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


Zegna and Canali Shirts:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

RL Shirts:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

Ike Behar Shirts:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


Lands End Ties:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

400

 


Robert Talbot Ties:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


Polo RL, Brooks Brothers Makers, Sambrook Witting:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 


Couple of Knit Ties. Know nothing about the makers: Private Club, Brills:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

Couple Silk Pocket Squares; A. Rivetz (couldn't find anything about):

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

400

 

 

Zegna window pane SC:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

400

 

400

 

400

 

 

Corneliani SC, available: 42 R

400

 

400

 

400

 

400

 

Polo University Club SC:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

400

 


Florsheim Burgundy Captoe:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

400

 

400

 

AE McAllister and AE Sanford:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

400

 

400

 

post #59405 of 121831
This is a really, really nice SC, like BRIANPORE size...pick stitching wherever you look...any one of you in this 38R-minus size need some measurements and feel like a swap?

(Blue Nailhead...check out the details such as the strip connecting the two outside panels in this double vented coat so that when you sit down or bend over the double vent action doesn't make your ass look huge)

I may end up locaitng the pants to go with in the coming week. This particular store is weird that way -- sometimes pans show up in the rack after the fact (be still my heart, I matched a sweet flannel-y Dunhill-Zegna coat with its pants 2 weeks later and now have a suit my tailor made whole for me!)









In trade I'm looking for a classy staple interview suit for a 48R friend in need (he's not on SF) to which I can add something here if the jacket isn't enough.

seriously I wonder if This particular Scott A Webster is the size of the jacket...

http://www.goodwinprocter.com/People/W/Webster-Scott.aspx
post #59406 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by LooknGr8 View Post

This is a really, really nice SC, like BRIANPORE size...pick stitching wherever you look...any one of you in this 38R-minus size need some measurements and feel like a swap?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

(Blue Nailhead...check out the details such as the strip connecting the two outside panels in this double vented coat so that when you sit down or bend over the double vent action doesn't make your ass look huge)

I may end up locaitng the pants to go with in the coming week. This particular store is weird that way -- sometimes pans show up in the rack after the fact (be still my heart, I matched a sweet flannel-y Dunhill-Zegna coat with its pants 2 weeks later and now have a suit my tailor made whole for me!)









In trade I'm looking for a classy staple interview suit for a 48R friend in need (he's not on SF) to which I can add something here if the jacket isn't enough.

seriously I wonder if This particular Scott A Webster is the size of the jacket...

http://www.goodwinprocter.com/People/W/Webster-Scott.aspx

Well....if it's Brianpore sized you can always send me the measurements (if you find the pants). nest.gif

 

 

1st Brioni.....what would you guys call this pattern....beside pinstripe? It's 90's looking - Gray with teal pin?

 

Photobucket

More pictures (Click to show)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

post #59407 of 121831

I always wanted my own bowling ball icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvoltorb View Post

Non-clothing find. I've been getting back into bowling recently and the 13 pound ball I got when I was 14 wasn't cutting it anymore. So I was pretty excited to find this for $3.

 

 

700

post #59408 of 121831
I left a bunch of Lorenzini shirts in non-staple solid colors, size 17, at the Goodwill near my house. PM me if you want them for cost+shipping.
post #59409 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Been looking for a cord jacket for a while, found this today, my size, soft shoulder, patch pockets, leather buttons. Pictures make it look like shit, but it's quite nice in person.


 


 

 

That is the bossest cords I've seen all year! I would rock that shit out of that!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

In the hunt, fake or real?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Looks real. Does it have the shield?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

Friend of mine picked up a couch couple days ago for his new apartment. Was cleaning it and found someone's stash savings inside a small rip on the bottom liner... 1500 bucks. Wow. Best part, I helped him pick out the couch.

 

WTF!!! GOLD!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post

+1 I would love the chance to rock this if it was a 40r.

 

EazyE - great fits!

 

Authenticity check. Seems to check out, but I wasn't 100%

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

 

 

Looks real.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Authentic? Seems bad...

 

I see those all the time. Crap. I bought a mircrofiber jacket by them just to fill the discount quota. I'm gonna donate it back.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lanvin Camel Hair sport coat... Flipable or keeper? Fits nice...

Also, does anyone recognize this label? Nice ish tassel loafers...

 

 

Sorry mate, that's the licensed crap. Keep if fits.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarm58 View Post

What sucks more? Going out and finding nothing or finding this-

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

400

400

 

only to find this-

400

 

 

 

Ahhh man, if it fits, I would get that shit reweaved. The damages doesn't look severe.

post #59410 of 121831

Someone in my area who is a size 10D left a ton of decent shoes in good condition at Savers (the one on Parkmoor for locals who might be interested). If I had slightly bigger feet, I could own a full closet of To Boot New York, Mezlan and Allen Edmonds shoes. Why can't the 9.5D's last longer!

post #59411 of 121831

Oscar, go back and kop that oxxford. I sold an oxxford cashmere with very, very similar holes for like $132 a mont or so ago, it was a cooler pattern, but still. 

Fueco- I think thats genuine, genuine GV whatever the hell that is :).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucklecat View Post

Good for flipping since this one didn't fit well.  Hopefully I can get $20 for it.  You just never know.  

There is 0% chance you'll get $20 for that old shirt... sorry. If i could flip old Gant for 20 per i'd be a millionaire at this point. 

Edit: as soon as i can find my fucking camera, its ON! Nothing super badass, but a solid holiday haul.

post #59412 of 121831

That doesn't look so bad at all.

 

What size is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarm58 View Post

 

 

 

only to find this-

400

post #59413 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Been looking for a cord jacket for a while, found this today, my size, soft shoulder, patch pockets, leather buttons. Pictures make it look like shit, but it's quite nice in person.


 


 

 

That is the bossest cords I've seen all year! I would rock that shit out of that!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lanvin Camel Hair sport coat... Flipable or keeper? Fits nice...

Also, does anyone recognize this label? Nice ish tassel loafers...

 

 

Sorry mate, that's the licensed crap. Keep if fits.

 

 

 Thanks for the feedback... I'm sort of a n00b when it comes to fashion stuff. It fits, is barely worn (if at all).

 

 Is licensed stuff always crap? And what makes it lesser than the "real stuff"?

post #59414 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarm58 View Post

What sucks more? Going out and finding nothing or finding this-
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
400

400


only to find this-
400
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

That doesn't look so bad at all.
What size is it?
+1. I'd pick that up. A small reweaving investment will pay off big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

1st Brioni.....what would you guys call this pattern....beside pinstripe? It's 90's looking - Gray with teal pin?
Multiweave with light blue pinstripe?

1 store today. Just a $2 dress for my daughter. Corneliani DB 6 over 2 orphan, which is too bad because it looked nice.
post #59415 of 121831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

 

 

 Thanks for the feedback... I'm sort of a n00b when it comes to fashion stuff. It fits, is barely worn (if at all).

 

 Is licensed stuff always crap? And what makes it lesser than the "real stuff"?

 

Well, I've seen suede Lavin licensed SC get sold for a decent price maybe the camel hair will get some attention? Well, crap is a subjective term. But the the licensed Lavin stuff are fused to shits, low end fabric, and shotty workmenship. The real stuff has this woman hold hands with a girl that kinda looks like a sail boat, if that makes sense. Well, I only have a few real Lavin ties and a few real Lavin shirts that says "Lavin" and nothing else, think "Dior". I've yet to see a good Lavin SC. I'm sure DM7 and a few LA guys on here have seen it or handled it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread