Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 8:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on Today at 12:12 am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3958post #59356 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:43ampost #59357 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:51amFriend of mine picked up a couch couple days ago for his new apartment. Was cleaning it and found someone's stash savings inside a small rip on the bottom liner... 1500 bucks. Wow. Best part, I helped him pick out the couch.post #59358 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:56amCouple fit pics.
Stetson herringbone windowpane cap, thrifted
Vintage Mackintosh for Barneys quilted hunting jacket, thrifted
J Press from EvilAbed, I think, correct me if I'm wrong. I've gotten so much stuff from you guys, it's hard to keep track.
Dunhill tie from today
Lands End made in Japan Fair Isle sweater, thrifted
Vintage hounds-tooth tweed sport coat, from the Capt.
Levis cords, not thrifted
PRL by C&J boots, thrifted
I know Christmas is over, but I tossed on the Aquascutum green cord jacket I found today for a quick fit pic
And the Brioni topcoat I picked up the other day.
Lands End made in Japan....huh...
Annnnddd, back to staring creepily in the corner again.post #59359 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:57amWell, dm7 obviously ruined everything for the rest of us mortals. I went out because I had errands nearby and wanted to hit the thrifts before Hurricane Spoo came to town. Almost thought I was coming away with nothing before popping my Kiton cherry! Not sure what to call this color, it's dark red/brown, but even looks slightly purple in some lights. And my size!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sure how often I'll actually wear them, but fun fun fun. Also saw Hermes and T&A shirts in the wild for the first time, but they were at a consignment'y store (Second Time Around). Had never actually been in because I thought it was all women's stuff, their menswear was laughably overpriced. Practically retail price (well, retail on sale).post #59360 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:58ampost #59361 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:16pm
Mailed something to CesarC a week ago and jokingly said he could repay me with the next Oxxford suit he finds in a 43R, small moth holes acceptable. This morning, I find nothing in the local GW; nothing in the local Unique Thrift (aka Value Village); and decide to hit one last small shop on my way home.
I have no idea how you planted these here, Cesar, but I'm impressed.
One 2B navy solid suit, one 2B blue pinstripe suit, one orphaned 2B navy solid jacket and I'm going to keep going back until the original donor realizes that he forgot to take the pants and finally gets them to the store. Why this guy had two nearly identical 2B solid navy suits I have no idea. Not complaining, though. All are damned near perfect for me except they need an extra 0.5 in. out in the legs.
Also picked up a gray pinstripe Jack Victor with very similar measurements and this, my first Brioni anything:
Probably not a tie I'd pick for myself but I can probably find a good use for it. PM if you can give it a better home than I can.post #59362 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:19pmpost #59363 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:28pmpost #59364 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:36pmpost #59365 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:38pmI have clothes all over my house, I just found a NWT Zegna shirt I bought last week that I had left somewhere and forgotten about.
Also, thanks to Ian Erickson for the sweet leather backpack USPS delivered this morning. I'm going back to school in 2 weeks, and the semester I took off was worth it if it means I can get an extra semester's use out of that backpack.post #59366 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:48pmpost #59367 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:49pm
Congrats on the Canali - looks really nice! First time I ever saw a tag that didn't add up to 100% though. Wonder what the other 10% is?
- sn0wmanpost #59368 of 1387281/5/13 at 1:04pmpost #59369 of 1387281/5/13 at 1:06pm
Got out today, some random things and some awesome things that fit, been finding a lot of stuff in my size lately.
Zegna Sport Coat
This one fits me perfectly, Zegna Napoli Couture Cashmere blazer
Hugo Boss Sport Coat
Canali, possibly orphan
Zegna Trofeo Suit
Cashier threw these in for free and they fit perfect
Zegna Made in Italy silk bathrobe
Ferragamos in great shapepost #59370 of 1387281/5/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
+1 I would love the chance to rock this if it was a 40r.
EazyE - great fits!
Authenticity check. Seems to check out, but I wasn't 100%
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 50 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 17 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding