Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3958post #59356 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:43ampost #59357 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:51amFriend of mine picked up a couch couple days ago for his new apartment. Was cleaning it and found someone's stash savings inside a small rip on the bottom liner... 1500 bucks. Wow. Best part, I helped him pick out the couch.post #59358 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:56amCouple fit pics.
Stetson herringbone windowpane cap, thrifted
Vintage Mackintosh for Barneys quilted hunting jacket, thrifted
J Press from EvilAbed, I think, correct me if I'm wrong. I've gotten so much stuff from you guys, it's hard to keep track.
Dunhill tie from today
Lands End made in Japan Fair Isle sweater, thrifted
Vintage hounds-tooth tweed sport coat, from the Capt.
Levis cords, not thrifted
PRL by C&J boots, thrifted
I know Christmas is over, but I tossed on the Aquascutum green cord jacket I found today for a quick fit pic
And the Brioni topcoat I picked up the other day.
Lands End made in Japan....huh...
Annnnddd, back to staring creepily in the corner again.post #59359 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:57amWell, dm7 obviously ruined everything for the rest of us mortals. I went out because I had errands nearby and wanted to hit the thrifts before Hurricane Spoo came to town. Almost thought I was coming away with nothing before popping my Kiton cherry! Not sure what to call this color, it's dark red/brown, but even looks slightly purple in some lights. And my size!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sure how often I'll actually wear them, but fun fun fun. Also saw Hermes and T&A shirts in the wild for the first time, but they were at a consignment'y store (Second Time Around). Had never actually been in because I thought it was all women's stuff, their menswear was laughably overpriced. Practically retail price (well, retail on sale).post #59360 of 1387281/5/13 at 11:58ampost #59361 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:16pm
Mailed something to CesarC a week ago and jokingly said he could repay me with the next Oxxford suit he finds in a 43R, small moth holes acceptable. This morning, I find nothing in the local GW; nothing in the local Unique Thrift (aka Value Village); and decide to hit one last small shop on my way home.
I have no idea how you planted these here, Cesar, but I'm impressed.
One 2B navy solid suit, one 2B blue pinstripe suit, one orphaned 2B navy solid jacket and I'm going to keep going back until the original donor realizes that he forgot to take the pants and finally gets them to the store. Why this guy had two nearly identical 2B solid navy suits I have no idea. Not complaining, though. All are damned near perfect for me except they need an extra 0.5 in. out in the legs.
Also picked up a gray pinstripe Jack Victor with very similar measurements and this, my first Brioni anything:
Probably not a tie I'd pick for myself but I can probably find a good use for it. PM if you can give it a better home than I can.post #59362 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:19pmpost #59363 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:28pmpost #59364 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:36pmpost #59365 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:38pmI have clothes all over my house, I just found a NWT Zegna shirt I bought last week that I had left somewhere and forgotten about.
Also, thanks to Ian Erickson for the sweet leather backpack USPS delivered this morning. I'm going back to school in 2 weeks, and the semester I took off was worth it if it means I can get an extra semester's use out of that backpack.post #59366 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:48pmpost #59367 of 1387281/5/13 at 12:49pm
Congrats on the Canali - looks really nice! First time I ever saw a tag that didn't add up to 100% though. Wonder what the other 10% is?
- sn0wmanpost #59368 of 1387281/5/13 at 1:04pmpost #59369 of 1387281/5/13 at 1:06pm
Got out today, some random things and some awesome things that fit, been finding a lot of stuff in my size lately.
Zegna Sport Coat
This one fits me perfectly, Zegna Napoli Couture Cashmere blazer
Hugo Boss Sport Coat
Canali, possibly orphan
Zegna Trofeo Suit
Cashier threw these in for free and they fit perfect
Zegna Made in Italy silk bathrobe
Ferragamos in great shapepost #59370 of 1387281/5/13 at 1:17pmQuote:
+1 I would love the chance to rock this if it was a 40r.
EazyE - great fits!
Authenticity check. Seems to check out, but I wasn't 100%
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › S.E.H Kelly 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Cashmere Lined Leather Gloves: Dents, Merola Bergdorf Goodman 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 15 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 26 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 31 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes in UK - a more affordable option? 34 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...