Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3954post #59296 of 1387281/4/13 at 8:38pmpost #59297 of 1387281/4/13 at 8:41pmpost #59298 of 1387281/4/13 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by 330CK
Wait... how old are you? You weren't the guy that grabbed the Loro Piana BB blazer that I passed on, were you? But anyway, it was a weird situation. Neither of us really had a claim to the coat, but he making himself the chief decision maker in the matter was the only thing I had a problem with.
On the cusp of 30.
Yeah, that was me. I didn't buy it; it was going to be one of those "It's been a week or so; I have to buy something" purchases, and I came to my senses at the last moment. I'm trying to only buy things that fit, but you know how that goes.
Thrifting here has been weak for the past little bit, and now I know why.post #59299 of 1387281/4/13 at 8:47pmpost #59300 of 1387281/4/13 at 8:55pmpicked these up today along with a zegna suit, facconable suit (both windowpane, both with working cuffs, both just too small on me ) incotex, zegna pants, zanella linen shirt, TP shirt
stuff I have pics of. A Loro Piana suit that fits like a glove . Loro piana tan jeans, charvet tie, Hermes that I need a little help authenticating. According to the ebay guides, it seems legit.post #59301 of 1387281/4/13 at 8:59pmpost #59302 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:05pmpost #59303 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:20pmSeriously nice finds, dudes. Esp 330. I bought that EXACT Cucinelli off one of you awesome dudes a couple of months ago. It's seriously awesome.
In other news, I dislike the new format. Not just because I have to get used to it, because it's SLOW and unresponsive. It's like going from a BMW 335 stick shift to a Yugo.
Anyway, I hit a few stores today and found a bunch of nice "smalls": Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
L to R: hand rolled silk square, spoken for; Orvis scotch grain chucka,8D, spoken for; Ferragamo cordovan colored calf single monk plain toe wingtip, sooooo mine.
All NWOT condition -- NOT a phrase I throw around a lot: Charvet, Ferragamo, Pink, Tyrwhitt x 2
All NWOT (Starting from the blue glenplaid one) Tyrwhitt x 2, Ted Baker (tie in foreground is a Vineyard Vines kid size for my nephew)
Paul Smith Made in Italy. Some fray but otherwise decent condition.
But my biggest news: We finally redeemed a crapload of credit card miles and got a 46" flatscreen TV, new sound system and blue ray. Stoked!post #59304 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:31pmQuote:
WOW! AMAZING HAUL!Quote:
Your area should be super hot with all of the Federal $$$.
Great photo of "the loop"
In other news, I dislike the new format. Not just because I have to get used to it, because it's SLOW and unresponsive.+1 - it seems slow to load to me as well, must be all of the ads that they have added to each page. . .post #59305 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:32pmpost #59306 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:39pm
330ck man you always kill it! Gmmcl, I like the latter two CT ties, very cool. Nice finds all around!
Hit a store, came up with this stuff. Back to work = 0 thrift time.
Zanella not -pleated, Zanella double-pleated, Theory (thought they were interesting)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bills cords on the top, PRL on the bottomWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't usually pick up BB, but these are really nice.
x2 BB custom orderWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thought this would work for me but the arms are a little too long so it is available if anyone is interested. Has an emblem on the left chest but it is pretty ornate.
PRL 15.5-35 mop buttons like one of those luxury shirtsWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
3 roll 2 Custom Harris Tweed - Fits around a 40-41ish if anyone is interested, it is available.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #59307 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:45pmpost #59308 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:47pm
Nice vinyl finds (and artwork)! That Michael Jackson is crazy to find in unworn shape. Wouldn't know what to do if I found it; would want to throw a vinyl party immediately, but then would feel guilty playing it.Quote:
+1 Never found a Monk album in the wild.Quote:Originally Posted by acosbysweaterQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
This is what made the day right here. All from the same donor/collection. I've been after a clean copy of Freak Out for years. Kinda sad Electric Mud has water damage but oh well, the vinyl is clean. Been after that one for a good while too. The rest are in perfect shape.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Holy shit those Monk records and Mothers of Invention. Wow.
Not the BR you are looking for, though recent BR ebays for more than it should. As for the Burberry, it's as cptjeff said, slim 36S, though the gorges are a little dated (i.e. low).Quote:Originally Posted by Tweets
Banana Republic tweed--Is this old enough to be worth anything?Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And then this Burberry's Suit, its a little older but it's tiny...not marked but I think it's at least a 36 if not even smaller. Pit to Pit is about 18", shoulder seam to seam is 16", and bottom of collar to hem is 29"...is there somehow to turn those measurements into a size?
Damn, 330CK! Nicely done. That Mabro is awesome, and as usual wish it were 46EU.Quote:Originally Posted by 330CK
Got in late last night and finally had the chance to photograph. I don't have time to take good pictures or measurements at the moment, but if something blows up your skirt, PM me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sorry it didn't work out -- so close!Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
BIG SHOUT OUT
and last but not least to cesarc (for almost finding me a tux)post #59309 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:52pmThey're completely badass but still out of my price range at the moment unfortunately. Love those beef rolls too. Awesome color.Quote:
Also I'm sorry for the delay but I promise that I will get back to everyone who PM'd me. Crazy busy weekend but I will try to answer ASAP.post #59310 of 1387281/4/13 at 9:54pm
Hey all - I've been reading this for the past week or so and finally joined in. Been thrifting steadily down around Arizona for the past year. We don't seem to get as much recent stuff as you guys, and I've never seen a Kiton in a store. Just two Brioni's and a handful of Oxxfords as well as a reasonable amount of Hickey Freeman, Canali and such, but they tend to be a bit more vintage.
Not positive I've figured out the protocol for pictures, so I'll go conservative and put everything in the "spoiler" features.
Picked up 10 Nordstrom coats/suits today for about $1.50 each (Abboud, Hart Schaffner Marx 1887, Gold Trumpeter, etc...) - likely flip on ebay.
Found my first Oxxford suit today in a 43L - just a touch small around the waist for me. It was only $8, so it may be worth tailoring. Pilling a little, so maybe not...
Snagged a couple of Hickey Freeman Loro Piana Super 120s - one in a suit and another in just an orphan, both in the 44-46L range. The coat was remarkably more recent!
I don't usually go through ties, but found a few interesting ones today. Who can say no when they are 50 cents to a buck?
Some Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers ties. Two of the Brooks Brothers appear to be fairly recent - which makes me less familiar with them. They appear to have the new Black Fleece logo on them (in gold, so maybe gold fleece now has that logo too?) I need to do some research because I didn't think the ties went Gold or Black Fleece...
A few more ties: Zegna, Fendi, newer Giorgio Armani, Facconable
And picked up a few shirts too. Bullock & Jones in a Cashmere/Cotton blend, Robert Talbott, and Enzo. The Enzo is a beast at 18 1/2 / 36" and will likely head to ebay.
All in all, not a bad day. Look forward to any comments and what you all have found. If I broke protocol in any way, I'm sure someone will let me know. :)
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Cantarelli Suit, Size 52 7R / 44 R, Free shipping within US 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Cigars 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...