or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3945

post #59161 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post


The body of a shirt is the easiest thing to have fixed by your tailor.

True, but my dry cleaner has been charging me $12 or $13 for slimmyfying a shirt. At that price, I've been leaving a lot of 16.5 tent city shirts. I just buy 16.5 slim fit shirts now. Shirts here range from $5-8 (thrift prices). I think you, me and lastdon are in the same boat neckwise. I would rather spend $20 or so on a suit rather than slimming a basic dress shirt. Unless a borelli magically appears....
post #59162 of 102563

700

post #59163 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwarebandit View Post


Benjamin Bixby Cotton/Linen Safari coat - fits like a 42 drop 9-10.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

WTF YOU FOUND BIXBY!!!!!

post #59164 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post


Vintage Hercules? If so, definitely grab them.
 

yup, will do on my way back from the snow tomorrow

post #59165 of 102563
First time Hermes for me as well. One dollah to make me hollah. Let me know if, this the diet coke of Hermes.



post #59166 of 102563
I found this about a month or so ago based on a tip from Catside, who I promised I would post here for posterity.

Barbera Sartoriale by St. Andrews. Full canvas and generally awesome. Tagged 50R EU, but I'm able to button it, so I think it's closer to a 41 or even a 42R.

Soon to be cross posted to the trade thread, it's going to be made available at cost plus ship.








Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny View Post

True, but my dry cleaner has been charging me $12 or $13 for slimmyfying a shirt. At that price, I've been leaving a lot of 16.5 tent city shirts. I just buy 16.5 slim fit shirts now. Shirts here range from $5-8 (thrift prices). I think you, me and lastdon are in the same boat neckwise. I would rather spend $20 or so on a suit rather than slimming a basic dress shirt. Unless a borelli magically appears....

Same here, which is why I do it myself. Happy to provide instructions via PM. If you have and can thread a sewing machine, and can drive in a straight line, it's fairly straightforward.
post #59167 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post

They did??

Hmm that was just from memory but Google says they might still be around.
post #59168 of 102563
Took these at a GW about a week ago. There were three or four sport coats that belonged to former Cincinnati Red/NY Yankee Paul O'Neal. I didn't take pictures of the full coat...needless to say they were gaudy.




Then the shock of the trip...the 60 written on the tag denotes the price.



Hoping 2013 will bring some new found finds.....
post #59169 of 102563


Sneak preview... Harris Tweed 1930s? Fits well...
post #59170 of 102563

post #59171 of 102563
post #59172 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

Hmm that was just from memory but Google says they might still be around.

H Freeman is an MTM maker. They are still well and alive. Several shops here work with them.
post #59173 of 102563
post #59174 of 102563
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkidd41011 View Post

Took these at a GW about a week ago. There were three or four sport coats that belonged to former Cincinnati Red/NY Yankee Paul O'Neal. I didn't take pictures of the full coat...needless to say they were gaudy.

Wrong Paul O'Neal, baseball player was O'Neill

post #59175 of 102563
Best vintage piece ever.


About 10 pounds of wool.


NYFD buttons made by Scovill of Waterbury.


All put together 67 years ago.

Near perfect condition. Deets in spoiler.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ch: 21" Sh: 19" L: 44.5" Sl:25"

Edited by hmmurdock - 1/3/13 at 8:00pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread