or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3932

post #58966 of 121394

Just had to make a shout out to Nataku for hooking me up with a sick PRL 3pc in houndstooth! Needs a little alteration but should fit like a glove after!

 

It was lovely meeting him and his wife.

 

Thanks again man!

 

PS sorry about almost walking off with your hanger shog[1].gif

 

 

EDIT: And, Nat, you had better be planning on doing a fit pic of tat gun club when you get it back from Top Shelf!


Edited by MZhammer - 1/2/13 at 9:51am
post #58967 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

Just had to make a shout out to Nataku for hooking me up with a sick PRL 3pc in houndstooth! Needs a little alteration but should fit like a glove after!

 

It was lovely meeting him and his wife.

 

Thanks again man!

 

PS sorry about almost walking off with your hanger shog[1].gif

 

Wow, that's a gorgeous suit. I must have missed that post. 

post #58968 of 121394


Happy belated new year from the bathroom of trader joe's!
post #58969 of 121394
I have to give a couple shout outs here

First to Cotton Dockers (Ben) for giving me a SMOKING deal on this recent Zegna 15 mil 15 sport coat. Fits perfect and arrived 2 days after i paid him!





Also to dolfan954 (Darren) for the free + shipping woolrich sweater. Its in mint condition, super warm, and it also showed up 2 days after i paid. Couple of standup guys here

Happy New Year everyone, may your carts be dripping with Kiton, Brioni, Caruso, and Isaia!

Chris
Edited by csoukoulis - 1/2/13 at 10:51am
post #58970 of 121394

Had some luck over the weekend, went home to visit the family in a small rural low income town in Central Pennsylvania.  Figured what the heck i'd go to the Goodwill and see what they have.  Well it was some of the worst crap I have ever seen.  I was about to walk out the door in disgust until i realized i had forgotten to check out the suits...I hesitated and decided it would only take a minute.

 

Well i get over to the rack and they don't even have any suits just Sports Coats and only about 15 of them.  I was in a hurry so i just gave them the old swipe of the hand until i noticed one that was so very soft.

 

Opened it up and it is a Bijan made in Italy Pure Cashmere sports coat.  My eyes nearly bugged out of my head that this little jewel was stuck among all these dollar store reject clothes.

 

Unfortunately i'm at work at the moment so i'll put up some pictures later.  Size if i remember correctly was in the 38-40 range.

post #58971 of 121394
Between holiday travel and end of year craziness at work, I haven't been able to hit the stores too often, but found these in the last week and a half or so:


Gloverall Duffel coat, navy, size 40(a little pilling and needs a cleaning) claimed; Steven Alan reverse seam size m; Rubinacci Tie, NWT Irish scarf, and 2xl Barbour Cotton sweater made in Scotland. All but the tie and scarf available.

Also found a suit for myself with this label. Couldn't find out much, other than it seemed to be owned by the same parent company as Chester Barrie. Anybody know anything about the line?


Edited by ocooney - 1/2/13 at 12:37pm
post #58972 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck312 View Post

. . . some of the worst crap I have ever seen.  I was about to walk out the door in disgust until i realized i had forgotten to check out the suits...I hesitated and decided it would only take a minute.

 

Well i get over to the rack and they don't even have any suits just Sports Coats and only about 15 of them.  I was in a hurry so i just gave them the old swipe of the hand until i noticed one that was so very soft.

 

Opened it up and it is a Bijan made in Italy Pure Cashmere sports coat . . .

 

Wow, great find!

post #58973 of 121394
So this is what you wear in Chicago when you want to thrift on a bicycle and it's only 6 degrees out.
J Crew fair isle hat, Christmas gift from my wife.
Sierra Designs OG 60/40 parka, thrifted
Mackintosh made in Scotland quilted hunting jacket, thrifted
North Face base layer, thrifted
Not sure where I picked up the face mask
Unknown leather and canvas rucksack, thrifted
Levis not thrifted
Heavy duty shearling lined work gloves, thriften
Vintage Nike Air Force 180 Charles Barkley's. Noob, these are the pair I mentioned before. I've had them for about a decade and they are still holding up strong.



Had a decent day, I think I finally popped my Issia cherry, besides a 7 fold I found last year.
post #58974 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchuck312 View Post

Had some luck over the weekend, went home to visit the family in a small rural low income town in Central Pennsylvania.  Figured what the heck i'd go to the Goodwill and see what they have.  Well it was some of the worst crap I have ever seen.  I was about to walk out the door in disgust until i realized i had forgotten to check out the suits...I hesitated and decided it would only take a minute.

Well i get over to the rack and they don't even have any suits just Sports Coats and only about 15 of them.  I was in a hurry so i just gave them the old swipe of the hand until i noticed one that was so very soft.

Opened it up and it is a Bijan made in Italy Pure Cashmere sports coat.  My eyes nearly bugged out of my head that this little jewel was stuck among all these dollar store reject clothes.

Unfortunately i'm at work at the moment so i'll put up some pictures later.  Size if i remember correctly was in the 38-40 range.

Size 38 you say?
post #58975 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

So this is what you wear in Chicago when you want to thrift on a bicycle and it's only 6 degrees out.

All that stuff plus you need one of these, right?

 

700

post #58976 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

All that stuff plus you need one of these, right?

700

Can you thrift me one? biggrin.gif
post #58977 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post


Can you thrift me one? biggrin.gif

As long as you promise to smile like that guy when you ride it.

post #58978 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

As long as you promise to smile like that guy when you ride it.

I will, although you won't be able to tell under the face mask. nod[1].gif
post #58979 of 121394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post

I haven't been inside of a thrift in so long that I can't recall the last time! I've missed the last 600 or so posts due to heavy work rotation and the discovery of free movies on tubeplus. I watched all 3 seasons of "Deadwood" over the course of a couple of weeks and "The Big Lebowski" yesterday so that I could get half the references that you guys make here.
The Dig abides.

 

Time to cancel the Netflix, Dig!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

So this is what you wear in Chicago when you want to thrift on a bicycle and it's only 6 degrees out.
J Crew fair isle hat, Christmas gift from my wife.
Sierra Designs OG 60/40 parka, thrifted
Mackintosh made in Scotland quilted hunting jacket, thrifted
North Face base layer, thrifted
Not sure where I picked up the face mask
Unknown leather and canvas rucksack, thrifted
Levis not thrifted
Heavy duty shearling lined work gloves, thriften
Vintage Nike Air Force 180 Charles Barkley's. Noob, these are the pair I mentioned before. I've had them for about a decade and they are still holding up strong.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 




Had a decent day, I think I finally popped my Issia cherry, besides a 7 fold I found last year.

 

 

 

 

Reporting for urban warfare, sir!

post #58980 of 121394
Both are available.

Popped my Ferragamo cherry.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I can't remember the last time I picked up anything Talbott. Very recent.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread