I believe Chester Barrie made jackets for Carroll & Co
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 10/25/16 at 1:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3931post #58952 of 1387281/1/13 at 8:59pmpost #58953 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:00pm
It was 1/2 price day, so I couldn't resist braving the crowds today! Everything AVAILABLE, unless otherwise noted.
I just thought this was cool, but, unfortunately, it's just a little too small for me. AVAILABLE FOR COST + SHIPPING
The next 2 pieces are firsts for me. Both still had TJ Maxx tags on them. QUESTION: Should one call these NWT? I'm not so sure.
Also hit up a Marshalls - NOT AVAILABLEpost #58954 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:01pmpost #58955 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:14pm
For some reason I thought Zegna. I appreciate the infoQuote:
Church's? That's what I thought. Thank you again.post #58956 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:16pmQuote:
The prices still aren't great, and they rarely hang around long enough to make any discount. They were both $40, but so are the PRL ties. Pricing on all of the other RL line stuff is insane, even with red tags.post #58957 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:40pmpost #58958 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:56pmpost #58959 of 1387281/1/13 at 10:00pmpost #58960 of 1387281/2/13 at 4:28am
This Canali is finally in my size, so not available. It is wool and silk and feels great.
Funny that they price these at $8 and lesser quality items like Blaq, CK, etc. at $12- $20. Not that im complaining.post #58961 of 1387281/2/13 at 5:10amI haven't been inside of a thrift in so long that I can't recall the last time! I've missed the last 600 or so posts due to heavy work rotation and the discovery of free movies on tubeplus. I watched all 3 seasons of "Deadwood" over the course of a couple of weeks and "The Big Lebowski" yesterday so that I could get half the references that you guys make here.
The Dig abides.post #58962 of 1387281/2/13 at 7:11ampost #58963 of 1387281/2/13 at 8:07ampost #58964 of 1387281/2/13 at 8:08am
I think "New Old Stock" is more correct than "Deadstock." You can have a legitimately brand new item made out of a deadstock fabric, which is significantly different than a NWT item found at a thrift store. I'd go with NOS.Quote:
+1post #58965 of 1387281/2/13 at 9:08am
Just had to make a shout out to Nataku for hooking me up with a sick PRL 3pc in houndstooth! Needs a little alteration but should fit like a glove after!
It was lovely meeting him and his wife.
Thanks again man!
PS sorry about almost walking off with your hanger
EDIT: And, Nat, you had better be planning on doing a fit pic of tat gun club when you get it back from Top Shelf!
Edited by MZhammer - 1/2/13 at 9:51am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 18 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › Minnis Tobacco "DWW" Fresco GMTO 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 5 minutes ago
- › Men's dress shirt wrinkling/bunching up 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › Minnis Tobacco "Slewfoot" Fresco GMTO 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...