I believe Chester Barrie made jackets for Carroll & Co
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/4/16 at 5:47am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3931
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58952 of 1387281/1/13 at 8:59pmpost #58953 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:00pm
It was 1/2 price day, so I couldn't resist braving the crowds today! Everything AVAILABLE, unless otherwise noted.
I just thought this was cool, but, unfortunately, it's just a little too small for me. AVAILABLE FOR COST + SHIPPING
The next 2 pieces are firsts for me. Both still had TJ Maxx tags on them. QUESTION: Should one call these NWT? I'm not so sure.
Also hit up a Marshalls - NOT AVAILABLEpost #58954 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:01pmpost #58955 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:14pm
For some reason I thought Zegna. I appreciate the infoQuote:
Church's? That's what I thought. Thank you again.post #58956 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:16pmQuote:
The prices still aren't great, and they rarely hang around long enough to make any discount. They were both $40, but so are the PRL ties. Pricing on all of the other RL line stuff is insane, even with red tags.post #58957 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:40pmpost #58958 of 1387281/1/13 at 9:56pmpost #58959 of 1387281/1/13 at 10:00pmpost #58960 of 1387281/2/13 at 4:28am
This Canali is finally in my size, so not available. It is wool and silk and feels great.
Funny that they price these at $8 and lesser quality items like Blaq, CK, etc. at $12- $20. Not that im complaining.post #58961 of 1387281/2/13 at 5:10amI haven't been inside of a thrift in so long that I can't recall the last time! I've missed the last 600 or so posts due to heavy work rotation and the discovery of free movies on tubeplus. I watched all 3 seasons of "Deadwood" over the course of a couple of weeks and "The Big Lebowski" yesterday so that I could get half the references that you guys make here.
The Dig abides.post #58962 of 1387281/2/13 at 7:11ampost #58963 of 1387281/2/13 at 8:07ampost #58964 of 1387281/2/13 at 8:08am
I think "New Old Stock" is more correct than "Deadstock." You can have a legitimately brand new item made out of a deadstock fabric, which is significantly different than a NWT item found at a thrift store. I'd go with NOS.Quote:
+1post #58965 of 1387281/2/13 at 9:08am
Just had to make a shout out to Nataku for hooking me up with a sick PRL 3pc in houndstooth! Needs a little alteration but should fit like a glove after!
It was lovely meeting him and his wife.
Thanks again man!
PS sorry about almost walking off with your hanger
EDIT: And, Nat, you had better be planning on doing a fit pic of tat gun club when you get it back from Top Shelf!
Edited by MZhammer - 1/2/13 at 9:51am
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 44 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › E. Ward painting 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 6 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › ITT: We are in middle school again (or early-mid 90s appreciation... 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...