Cap, that Cucinelli
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3930post #58936 of 1387281/1/13 at 5:16pmpost #58937 of 1387281/1/13 at 5:29pm
Got out to one store on NYE.
Picked up two shirts I hadn't seen before, figured why not. bugatti and Bulgari. Both seem to be well made, I like the bugatti, from searching the internet seems the Bulgari probably wasn't worth picking up.
Zanella pleated pants 36- Available.
Brooks Brothers wool pants, look fairly old, any ideas on the period for this label? Looks like they've been altered,fit me well in the legs and length but waist is tiny.
Brooks Brothers pinstripe Made in Italy suit
Burberry London Shirt XL- Available
Brioni x 4- 18 1/2's
Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece french cuffs- 16 1/2/34- Availablepost #58938 of 1387281/1/13 at 5:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by mexicutioner
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:
dude it's pretty goddamned rare for a used suit to sell on ebay for upwards of $400, irrespective of who the seller is.
i think this thread has inflated everyone's idea of what all these finds are worth in the real world. yeah, the occasional find (see here for examples) ends up going for big bucks on ebay, but by and large, everyone is selling their suits for $200 and under, usually in the $50-100 range. (i've checked). the problem is that dudes come on here and brag "YEAH DUDES, I JUST FLIPPED A CRICKETEER PINSTRIPED ORPHAN FOR $350" but those same guys keep their mouths shut when their BBGF suit ends up selling for $19 (i've checked). this self-selection that happens with the brag posts gives everyone an inflated sense of what things are selling for in the real world.
in the end, this is all just used pieces of wool with some dude's piss stain.
+1 on any suit that sellsover $200 that is not above Brioni level but if you use BIN OBO (I know we can talk about this in the Ebay Tips & Tricks Thread), you wont have this problem at $19 BBGF suits.Quote:
Belated Happy New Year Everyone!!!!post #58939 of 1387281/1/13 at 6:03pmpost #58940 of 1387281/1/13 at 6:06pmForgot to wish everyone a happy new year. I am very grateful for the kindness you all have extended to me, not to mention all the sweet clothes I have acquired from you. Here's to another year of great finds!
New Years Day Thrift Fit (Click to show)post #58941 of 1387281/1/13 at 6:27pmpost #58942 of 1387281/1/13 at 6:32pm1 stop. 3 tweeds. All available.
39R. J Press 3-roll-2 sack.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
41L J Press 3-roll-2 sack Donegal tweed.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Finally, a Leonard Logsdail tweed(about 41L) that was made for the same gentleman as the A&S and Vincent Nicolosi that I found in February of last year (at the same store).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by datsunfan - 1/1/13 at 6:50pmpost #58943 of 1387281/1/13 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ken P
Forgot to wish everyone a happy new year. I am very grateful for the kindness you all have extended to me, not to mention all the sweet clothes I have acquired from you. Here's to another year of great finds! New Years Day Thrift Fit (Click to show)
Hey buddy, what's in the cup?post #58944 of 1387281/1/13 at 7:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nataku
I think I just went out with over-inflated hopes of Kiton, Attolini and obscure high-end SW&D stuff falling out of the sky.
Few other things I found: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
lv shirt is an employee shirt unfortunatelypost #58945 of 1387281/1/13 at 7:23pmQuote:how much was the cucinelli? i have the same one in green...have yet to wear it..Originally Posted by capnwes
Ties from TJMaxx. First time i have been in one that had stuff nicer than USPolo Association and Donald Trump. All the other stuff was thrifted. Lots more to come. Just showed the highlights on the ride back into town because I was so excited to see so many firsts.
Got a bunch of BB, Oxxford, HF, Orvis stuff too.post #58946 of 1387281/1/13 at 7:30pm
Yeah, I was kinda bummed to see " Uniformes" on the label but still couldn't pass it up for $2. I've seen some of their suit jackets online before. I can definitely tell it's a uniform piece as it just doesn't feel like a $300+ shirt.post #58947 of 1387281/1/13 at 8:19pmpost #58948 of 1387281/1/13 at 8:26pmpost #58949 of 1387281/1/13 at 8:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Apollotrader
Anybody have any idea who the maker of this old down filled coat? Heavy as can be, real collar, check out the lining of the pocket. The last photo is of a current RL piece that says on the interior that it was modeled off a 1967 piece.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not exactly the correct thread but might have better luck asking here http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker/1000_100#post_6014798post #58950 of 1387281/1/13 at 8:54pmCould someone help me with ID'ing these items?
First is a gorgeous SC by Carroll and Company (Xenos?) but it's made in England. Any idea who made this?
The second is a SC made by Paul Stuart. Is this the Isaia for Paul Stuart? If not, it says Made in Italy and PS has their stuff made here ...
Last is a pair of shoes. The writing says "Made in ____" then "London , New York, Paris" then "Custom Grade Leather Uppers Leather Soles"
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Viyella Glen Plaid size M NEW With Tags. 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Chelsea boots & snow/salt 5 minutes ago
- › Davek Solo Umbrella Black/Yellow 8 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Chrysalis Chatsworth 12 minutes ago
- › Makr Fold Weekender in Umber 15 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway