or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3900

post #58486 of 116096

Ok gents, what's the verdict on Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic Watches?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-H70555523-Khaki-Field-Automatic/dp/B006GCP33K/ref=sr_1_13?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356606618&sr=1-13&keywords=hamilton+men%27s+khaki+field

 

I think this is a discounted price...Not sure though...

post #58487 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Ok gents, what's the verdict on Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic Watches?

 

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-H70555523-Khaki-Field-Automatic/dp/B006GCP33K/ref=sr_1_13?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356606618&sr=1-13&keywords=hamilton+men%27s+khaki+field

 

I think this is a discounted price...Not sure though...


I am not a watch guru but the brand is not familiar to me. I would definitely keep an eye on craigslist. You would be surprised how many people get nice watches as gifts and do not want them. Just make sure to meet them at a reputable authorized retailer of the brand to inspect the watch for authenticity.

post #58488 of 116096

I know I'm re-posting, but I'd love some help authenticating the Burberry polo and sweater shirt. I have doubts about both. Any info is appreciated.

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #58489 of 116096

From the weekend.....

 

Vintage Botany Tweed 3 roll 2 - 46/48 XL (25 pit to pit) 

 

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Old Label Burberry SC - 42R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

George Chen SC (Kowloon Hong Kong) 44R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Harris Tweed Top Coat 38R-40R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

 

Hickey Freeman Navy Pin Stripe Suit - 44L 38/33

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Hickey Freeman Gray Pin Suit - 48XL 43/32

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

VTG Shell PTB 9.5D?

 

Foot bed says "Custom - Rich Imperials - Washington - Chevy Chase"

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Tweed 3 Pc Suit - 44L 37/31

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Willis & Geiger Trench - Large - 26 pit to pit

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 


Edited by capnwes - 12/27/12 at 5:50am
post #58490 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Oh yeah, went to the mall for a watch, ended up buy 3 pair of LVC selvedge and a chambray shirt...Pass on a NWT Kiton 7 fold for $40...Yes or no?

 

BTW, I'm looking for my first real watch. My limit is $500. I've been looking at this Tissot Le Locle...What say ye, gents?

 

http://www.overstock.com/Jewelry-Watches/Tissot-Mens-Le-Locle-Silvertone-Textured-Dial-Watch/6486242/product.html


The Le Locle gets a lot of love on Watchuseek for the price. Solid watch, killer prices sometimes.

 

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/thoughts-tissot-794098.html


Edited by MZhammer - 12/27/12 at 6:48am
post #58491 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post

Real cool design Dolce & Gabbana tie w/ link chain design

700

 

Non-pictured due to being cleaned : My SS GIFTS, Uniqlo Blue button up with silk elbow straps, 2 HF Bespoke suits, Rag & Bone straw hat w/ blue banner NWOT

You're welcome for that D&G mwink[1].gif

I passed on it on the 23rd... I was soooooo close to just buying it though!

post #58492 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post


The Le Locle gets a lot of love on Watchuseek for the price. Solid watch, killer prices sometimes.

 

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/thoughts-tissot-794098.html

 

I like the way it looks but I'm not sure about its quality...My boy convinced me that he could hook me up with something baller for just under a grand. We'll see what happens.

post #58493 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

I like the way it looks but I'm not sure about its quality...My boy convinced me that he could hook me up with something baller for just under a grand. We'll see what happens.


If that's the new budget you have broadened your world! I think there are some great quality brands that fly under the radar pretty well, I picked up this Frederique Constant used last year for a pittance compared to MSRP in 2008 and the quality is easily as nice as my Omega. It will never steal the show next to a JLC or PP but it is a true beauty IMHO!

 

700

700

post #58494 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post


If that's the new budget you have broadened your world! I think there are some great quality brands that fly under the radar pretty well, I picked up this Frederique Constant used last year for a pittance compared to MSRP in 2008 and the quality is easily as nice as my Omega. It will never steal the show next to a JLC or PP but it is a true beauty IMHO!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Oh wow, love the purple gingham and the blue jacket. I would love me a watch with a clean face and elegant yet simple design such as the one you got. I never thought Omegas look that great. They look bulky and uhhh...Inelegant IMO.

post #58495 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Oh wow, love the purple gingham and the blue jacket. I would love me a watch with a clean face and elegant yet simple design such as the one you got. I never thought Omegas look that great. They look bulky and uhhh...Inelegant IMO.

 

Well if you like the Frederique Constant I posted they can be found new for around your budget with a hefty dealer discount or grey market, also check out Stowa or Nomos (Nomos may be too far above your budget. Both of them are also great watches that give more quality at a *comparatively* lower price. Stowas can be found used for around 1K, the Nomos a bit more.

 

I particularily like the Nomos Orion: (credit Rippen @ WUS)

700

 

I own the Ludwig:

700

700

 

And the Stowa Marine:

700

700

 

700

post #58496 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhtcjt37 View Post

I know I'm re-posting, but I'd love some help authenticating the Burberry polo and sweater shirt. I have doubts about both. Any info is appreciated.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
700


700


700


700


700


700


700

real
post #58497 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post

 

Well if you like the Frederique Constant I posted they can be found new for around your budget with a hefty dealer discount or grey market, also check out Stowa or Nomos (Nomos may be too far above your budget. Both of them are also great watches that give more quality at a *comparatively* lower price. Stowas can be found used for around 1K, the Nomos a bit more.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I particularily like the Nomos Orion: (credit Rippen @ WUS)

700

 

I own the Ludwig:

700

700

 

And the Stowa Marine:

700

700

 

700

 

 

 

Those are the designs I like. I found this one on Amazon.com. It looks to be heavily discounted.

 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Constant-FC303S6B6B-Silver-Automatic/dp/B00655AQDK/ref=sr_1_22?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356623555&sr=1-22&keywords=Frederique+Constant

post #58498 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

 

Those are the designs I like. I found this one on Amazon.com. It looks to be heavily discounted.

 

 

http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Constant-FC303S6B6B-Silver-Automatic/dp/B00655AQDK/ref=sr_1_22?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356623555&sr=1-22&keywords=Frederique+Constant


That's a quality automatic however I have no experience with their bracelet offerings... There's many a reputable watch brand that has offered sub par metal bracelets. Not to dissuade you in any way just stating I have no experience.

 

If you want to do research take a spin around the FC forum on WUS:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f478/

 

Additionally, if you like the indices, I find the big date dual times (go figureshog[1].gif) really attractive too.

http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Constant-FC-325S6B6-Index-Leather/dp/B009ZPAN62/ref=sr_1_6?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356624031&sr=1-6&keywords=Frederique+Constant

http://www.amazon.com/Frederique-Constant-FC-325B6B6-Index-Leather/dp/B009ZPAN76/ref=sr_1_7?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356624031&sr=1-7&keywords=Frederique+Constant

post #58499 of 116096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZhammer View Post


If that's the new budget you have broadened your world! I think there are some great quality brands that fly under the radar pretty well, I picked up this Frederique Constant used last year for a pittance compared to MSRP in 2008 and the quality is easily as nice as my Omega. It will never steal the show next to a JLC or PP but it is a true beauty IMHO!

 

700

700

 

 

What model FC watch is that?  Very nice!!

post #58500 of 116096
Quiet day in office today so...thrift fit pix!

Ok, just bottom half.



Pants=Zanella flat fronts (from Wes. Thx, man fing02[1].gif )
Shoes=AE Hinsdale (fleabay)
Sox=Pantherella herringbone (70% merino wool) Nordstrom Rack.
Tie=Rubinacci (thrifted by me)

xrossposted to AE thread, but a diff pix over there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread