Good idea, but I'd keep "penny" in the title as well (Im sure its just a typo but Burgundy is spelled wrong). Cool looking shoes though!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 11:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3895post #58411 of 13872812/25/12 at 11:49ampost #58412 of 13872812/25/12 at 12:08pm
I'm glad you liked it! I wanted to put more in there but couldn't stuff more into the box. I hope the vintage beige Gucci pants fit! They were a cool find. (P.S. the Tango snowman tie was just for shits & giggles since you specified no ties or ps, but I figured it was a holiday tie, so wth.) I'm glad the tweed fits you, it was a little nerve-wracking with the measurements.
Happy holidays, man!Quote:Originally Posted by mrdeep2001
Happy holidays everyone! I finally got to open my secret santa gift! Shoutout to Cesar who hooked me up with some awesome stuff!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by TheWGPOriginally Posted by Brianpore
If you can afford it, I'd grab the suit. Someone here (or if you want to flip it) will want it at cost + shipping or toss it on ebay and make $. Either way its a great deal and worst case you can return it.
ALSO - What did they have in RLBL, anything S or XS or 36S? Feel free to PM if so.
Re the SP - this is an SC. Still, though, yeah, 350 would be reasonable if it were for me. At a 41R, though (IIRC), it's nowhere nearrrr in my ballpark - I'm a bigger dude.
I'd be happy to proxy for the regulars here if you want to PM me (and it's still available). Cost+gas+shipping. I briefly considered ebaying, but it's not worth it - no guarantee it would go for THAT MUCH and if it goes for only $350-400 then I LOSE money after tax, ebay fees and shipping. More than happy to help out someone here though.
The RLBL they had a bunch of stuff. Mostly outerwear, vests, shirts, misc stuff. No pants that I saw, and no suits/etc. There were some smalls, I don't think any XS. If you want me to look for anything in particular for you in a small and maybe proxy, I can - drop me a PM, but be warned they're all $200 or $300.
I didn't think about it (still stuck in my noobish ways?), but same. I saw lots of stuff in small and XL, mostly outerwear and shirts. That sick black parka in S fit me really well, but was still $400 I think (though no tax) and definitely not a short. Also, there was a John Varvatos unstructured unlined cotton blazer in 36R that I should've pm'ed acosbysweater about, but it was made for someone with much bigger taper and shoulders than I have. Fit was a little weird on me, and I'm pretty much a standard 36R. Anyway, let me know if anyone wants a proxy. Price on the Varvatos was still crazy expensive (for a thrifter), I don't even remember -- maybe like 500? Hence why I didn't think about it.
Edited by CesarC - 12/25/12 at 12:18pmpost #58413 of 13872812/25/12 at 12:09pmpost #58414 of 13872812/25/12 at 12:09pmpost #58415 of 13872812/25/12 at 1:50pmQuote:This got lost in review and the holiday crush. Requoting for awesomeness. But not before I dibsed the LP.Originally Posted by Oshuns919
Recent Finds All available....pm if interested. Looking for shoes, suits and shirts Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
APB, dudes: Due to an AWESOME hookup by John Sullivan (aka Sully, who kicks ass -- everyone who is not a 42R should trade with him), I am now the proud owner of a killer Davies & Sons DB, dual vent, ticket pocketed blue SC. I'd like to swap the buttons out for MOP and turn it into a blazer. I have enough for the sleeve buttons and 2 of the 6 chest buttons. If anyone happenbs to have a full set of buttons for a DB jacket, please take my moneys.post #58416 of 13872812/25/12 at 2:08pmpost #58417 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
This got l[/SPOILER]ost in review and the holiday crush. Requoting for awesomeness. But not before I dibsed the LP.
APB, dudes: Due to an AWESOME hookup by John Sullivan (aka Sully, who kicks ass -- everyone who is not a 42R should trade with him), I am now the proud owner of a killer Davies & Sons DB, dual vent, ticket pocketed blue SC. I'd like to swap the buttons out for MOP and turn it into a blazer. I have enough for the sleeve buttons and 2 of the 6 chest buttons. If anyone happenbs to have a full set of buttons for a DB jacket, please take my moneys.
+1 for sully. The guy ships stuff faster than I could find the trade piece. Awesome guy. Trade with himpost #58418 of 13872812/25/12 at 7:17pm
Merry christmas! and i'm sure Sully is legit, he certainly seems to be, BUT I know its been said before, and I'll say it again, OCooney is the most generous dude in the thrift thread, period. Not a big poster, but when he does its allll freshness, plus I know hes just sitting on awesome stuff he never posts :)
These are the Artioli's I kopped... I tried just pasting a pic but its tiny... Oh well, heres the link. These are sooo dope it hurts, and 102 shipped? Thats a retarted price, just check the other listings, or ask your boy spoo.
PSA: Ill repost in the buy/sell/trade thread, but if anyone wants a pair of size 32x36ish Helmut Lang Selvedge jeans give me a shout. I've worn them once, and the previous owner probably wore them about the same amount of time, they are still crispy as hell. I think they'll stretch some, but in short I think they're just too skinny for my fat ass... Ideally id trade for some comprable denim in terms of quality and wear.post #58419 of 13872812/25/12 at 7:48pmpost #58420 of 13872812/25/12 at 8:38pm
Damn that Secret Santa bottle of Creed is extremely generous! fantastic stuff.
Don't hesitate to deal with Sully/John Sullivan, great guy, still owe him my end of a trade and hes been nothing less than a gentlemanpost #58421 of 13872812/25/12 at 9:27pmpost #58422 of 13872812/25/12 at 9:32pmpost #58423 of 13872812/25/12 at 9:56pmpost #58424 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:12pmpost #58425 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by chiron
The official video of this thread...
You should probably delete this post now before someone yells at you
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 40 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Corneliani Collection Light Grey Windowpane Patch Pocket Jacket 38R 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 14 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts