Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 5:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3894post #58396 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58397 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:37amMerry Xmas to all my fellow thrifters. It's been a good year for me in terms of what guys have hooked me up with. Many thanks to all.
I do have one request. I've lost my Mont Blanc Meisterstruck. If anyone comes across on they can hook me up with...I'd be much obliged.post #58398 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:41ampost #58399 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as spoo says "itch scratched" happy holidays! Btw the squares I can get more of they are not thrift prices but very reasonable plus more selections including kiton, if anyone wants more info feel free to pm me
Can't decide whether to or but def. andpost #58400 of 13872812/25/12 at 7:40amMerry X-mas to all the Gentile thrifters out there!Quote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
Ian, if any of that is from your Secret Santa package, feel free to do with it what you please, it's yours now.post #58401 of 13872812/25/12 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by TheWGP
Glad to see you got your box, Grendel... sorry there wasn't more in it, but I haven't gotten much thrifting in and I figured you'd get a kick out of the Kiton for sure Sorry the coat was too big... was hoping a L would work. Feel free to resell, regift, do whatever, it's my bad
Did stop by Marshall's recently and found a ton of RLBL stuff all priced at $200 or $300 - apparently that's their standard RLBL pricing, as the items varied from outerwear to plain simple cotton vests... lol.
There was also this... in a 41R, side vents, part cashmere...
BUT... $350. Guessing because of that interior tag still attached, showing $2985. BAH.
I would pass if SC, cop if suit.
Merry Xmas All!post #58402 of 13872812/25/12 at 8:15ampost #58403 of 13872812/25/12 at 9:49ampost #58404 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:02am
Would these be called penny loafers? If not... what?
Mezlan CROCODILE Maroon / Burgandy Mens Penny Loafer Dress Shoes US 13 D / M
Better pictures of these pretty awesome shoes... I usually dont like exotic animals but these I would rock if my size any day of the week.post #58405 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:04amQuote:Quote:
You're welcome.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
If you can afford it, I'd grab the suit. Someone here (or if you want to flip it) will want it at cost + shipping or toss it on ebay and make $. Either way its a great deal and worst case you can return it.
ALSO - What did they have in RLBL, anything S or XS or 36S? Feel free to PM if so.
Re the SP - this is an SC. Still, though, yeah, 350 would be reasonable if it were for me. At a 41R, though (IIRC), it's nowhere nearrrr in my ballpark - I'm a bigger dude.
I'd be happy to proxy for the regulars here if you want to PM me (and it's still available). Cost+gas+shipping. I briefly considered ebaying, but it's not worth it - no guarantee it would go for THAT MUCH and if it goes for only $350-400 then I LOSE money after tax, ebay fees and shipping. More than happy to help out someone here though.
The RLBL they had a bunch of stuff. Mostly outerwear, vests, shirts, misc stuff. No pants that I saw, and no suits/etc. There were some smalls, I don't think any XS. If you want me to look for anything in particular for you in a small and maybe proxy, I can - drop me a PM, but be warned they're all $200 or $300.
Merry Christmas everyone!post #58406 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:06ampost #58407 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:19amQuote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
honestly ive tried thrifting, its pretty impossible in nyc, so mostly sales discount stores this haul cam from a client who basically just gives away stuff hes very well known and runs a large company in the fashion/business world but most of my stuff are thrift prices
HOLY. SHIT. That nautical stripe Hermes and Thom Browne cardigan. Damn.post #58408 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:29amQuote:what was it?Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Just opened GMMcl's Xmas gift from Secret Santa
I honestly nearly cried. The dude is good. Thank you man, honestly.
Disclaimer Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I have had nearly an entire bottle of champagne, and Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" is on the shufflepost #58409 of 13872812/25/12 at 11:25am
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Thanks to all the regulars for another year of sharing your wisdom so noobs like me can start dressing more like grown men. Frugally, of course.
Thrift-fit from Christmas Eve family dinner:
Ben Silver Blazer
Paul Fredrick Shirt
post #58410 of 13872812/25/12 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Merry Xmas to all my fellow thrifters. It's been a good year for me in terms of what guys have hooked me up with. Many thanks to all.
I do have one request. I've lost my Mont Blanc Meisterstruck. If anyone comes across on they can hook me up with...I'd be much obliged.
Never had one, but I'd be interested if someone finds some too.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Articles of Style shop? 12 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 53 seconds ago
- › 2016 Presidential Caucus and Primary Thread 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 5 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?