Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 8:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 2:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3894post #58396 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:07ampost #58397 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:37amMerry Xmas to all my fellow thrifters. It's been a good year for me in terms of what guys have hooked me up with. Many thanks to all.
I do have one request. I've lost my Mont Blanc Meisterstruck. If anyone comes across on they can hook me up with...I'd be much obliged.post #58398 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:41ampost #58399 of 13872812/25/12 at 6:56amQuote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as spoo says "itch scratched" happy holidays! Btw the squares I can get more of they are not thrift prices but very reasonable plus more selections including kiton, if anyone wants more info feel free to pm me
Can't decide whether to or but def. andpost #58400 of 13872812/25/12 at 7:40amMerry X-mas to all the Gentile thrifters out there!Quote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
Ian, if any of that is from your Secret Santa package, feel free to do with it what you please, it's yours now.post #58401 of 13872812/25/12 at 8:13amQuote:Originally Posted by TheWGP
Glad to see you got your box, Grendel... sorry there wasn't more in it, but I haven't gotten much thrifting in and I figured you'd get a kick out of the Kiton for sure Sorry the coat was too big... was hoping a L would work. Feel free to resell, regift, do whatever, it's my bad
Did stop by Marshall's recently and found a ton of RLBL stuff all priced at $200 or $300 - apparently that's their standard RLBL pricing, as the items varied from outerwear to plain simple cotton vests... lol.
There was also this... in a 41R, side vents, part cashmere...
BUT... $350. Guessing because of that interior tag still attached, showing $2985. BAH.
I would pass if SC, cop if suit.
Merry Xmas All!post #58402 of 13872812/25/12 at 8:15ampost #58403 of 13872812/25/12 at 9:49ampost #58404 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:02am
Would these be called penny loafers? If not... what?
Mezlan CROCODILE Maroon / Burgandy Mens Penny Loafer Dress Shoes US 13 D / M
Better pictures of these pretty awesome shoes... I usually dont like exotic animals but these I would rock if my size any day of the week.post #58405 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:04amQuote:Quote:
You're welcome.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
If you can afford it, I'd grab the suit. Someone here (or if you want to flip it) will want it at cost + shipping or toss it on ebay and make $. Either way its a great deal and worst case you can return it.
ALSO - What did they have in RLBL, anything S or XS or 36S? Feel free to PM if so.
Re the SP - this is an SC. Still, though, yeah, 350 would be reasonable if it were for me. At a 41R, though (IIRC), it's nowhere nearrrr in my ballpark - I'm a bigger dude.
I'd be happy to proxy for the regulars here if you want to PM me (and it's still available). Cost+gas+shipping. I briefly considered ebaying, but it's not worth it - no guarantee it would go for THAT MUCH and if it goes for only $350-400 then I LOSE money after tax, ebay fees and shipping. More than happy to help out someone here though.
The RLBL they had a bunch of stuff. Mostly outerwear, vests, shirts, misc stuff. No pants that I saw, and no suits/etc. There were some smalls, I don't think any XS. If you want me to look for anything in particular for you in a small and maybe proxy, I can - drop me a PM, but be warned they're all $200 or $300.
Merry Christmas everyone!post #58406 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:06ampost #58407 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:19amQuote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10
honestly ive tried thrifting, its pretty impossible in nyc, so mostly sales discount stores this haul cam from a client who basically just gives away stuff hes very well known and runs a large company in the fashion/business world but most of my stuff are thrift prices
HOLY. SHIT. That nautical stripe Hermes and Thom Browne cardigan. Damn.post #58408 of 13872812/25/12 at 10:29amQuote:what was it?Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Just opened GMMcl's Xmas gift from Secret Santa
I honestly nearly cried. The dude is good. Thank you man, honestly.
Disclaimer Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)I have had nearly an entire bottle of champagne, and Christina Perri's "A Thousand Years" is on the shufflepost #58409 of 13872812/25/12 at 11:25am
Merry Christmas Everyone!
Thanks to all the regulars for another year of sharing your wisdom so noobs like me can start dressing more like grown men. Frugally, of course.
Thrift-fit from Christmas Eve family dinner:
Ben Silver Blazer
Paul Fredrick Shirt
post #58410 of 13872812/25/12 at 11:49amQuote:Originally Posted by jkidd41011
Merry Xmas to all my fellow thrifters. It's been a good year for me in terms of what guys have hooked me up with. Many thanks to all.
I do have one request. I've lost my Mont Blanc Meisterstruck. If anyone comes across on they can hook me up with...I'd be much obliged.
Never had one, but I'd be interested if someone finds some too.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Looking for a Jacket 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 12 minutes ago
- › How to buy a properly fitting shirt..... / how to do the military tuck 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...