or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3893

post #58381 of 112377

Nice bike, but not really anything to speak of. If the rear hub is in good shape (looks like it's got internal gears) then someone might be interested in tinkering on it. If you're near Chicago I have an old friend who likes these.

post #58382 of 112377
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayxlui View Post


Seat looks like a Brooks. If it's under.. 40, cop it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoms View Post

Nice bike, but not really anything to speak of. If the rear hub is in good shape (looks like it's got internal gears) then someone might be interested in tinkering on it. If you're near Chicago I have an old friend who likes these.

 

$85, so I left it.  Seemed steep, and didn't have anything that automatically registered in my head from what I'd seen on the thread.

post #58383 of 112377
Glad to see you got your box, Grendel... sorry there wasn't more in it, but I haven't gotten much thrifting in and I figured you'd get a kick out of the Kiton for sure wink.gif Sorry the coat was too big... was hoping a L would work. Feel free to resell, regift, do whatever, it's my bad shog[1].gif


Did stop by Marshall's recently and found a ton of RLBL stuff all priced at $200 or $300 - apparently that's their standard RLBL pricing, as the items varied from outerwear to plain simple cotton vests... lol.

There was also this... in a 41R, side vents, part cashmere... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif



BUT... $350. ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif Guessing because of that interior tag still attached, showing $2985. BAH.




Wanted to share my Secret Santa from horse's_ass - thanks man, this is great!

Aquascutum FU wool trou, LL Bean cashmere - both fit great, and the Aquascutums will make an appearance at the office once I get them shortened just a tad!



Ties... batch 1, l-r: NWT Facconable, Brioni, super-thick Talbott BOC, new Burberry London, new Lanvin



Ties batch 2, l-r: NWT Polo RL navy wool, cotton/silk Canali (amazing summer tie, right?) and the piece d'resistance: an Isaia 7-fold!



Thanks again horse's_ass, and a Merry Christmas to all ye thrift-thread denizens!
post #58384 of 112377
I would cop for $350. That looks mean. Where are you located?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post

Glad to see you got your box, Grendel... sorry there wasn't more in it, but I haven't gotten much thrifting in and I figured you'd get a kick out of the Kiton for sure wink.gif Sorry the coat was too big... was hoping a L would work. Feel free to resell, regift, do whatever, it's my bad shog[1].gif
Did stop by Marshall's recently and found a ton of RLBL stuff all priced at $200 or $300 - apparently that's their standard RLBL pricing, as the items varied from outerwear to plain simple cotton vests... lol.
There was also this... in a 41R, side vents, part cashmere... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BUT... $350. ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif Guessing because of that interior tag still attached, showing $2985. BAH.
post #58385 of 112377
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post

Glad to see you got your box, Grendel... sorry there wasn't more in it, but I haven't gotten much thrifting in and I figured you'd get a kick out of the Kiton for sure wink.gif Sorry the coat was too big... was hoping a L would work. Feel free to resell, regift, do whatever, it's my bad shog[1].gif

 

No problem, man. I love the sweaters and ties! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Bateman View Post

I would cop for $350. That looks mean. Where are you located?

+1 That's a great price.

post #58386 of 112377
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post

Glad to see you got your box, Grendel... sorry there wasn't more in it, but I haven't gotten much thrifting in and I figured you'd get a kick out of the Kiton for sure wink.gif Sorry the coat was too big... was hoping a L would work. Feel free to resell, regift, do whatever, it's my bad shog[1].gif
Did stop by Marshall's recently and found a ton of RLBL stuff all priced at $200 or $300 - apparently that's their standard RLBL pricing, as the items varied from outerwear to plain simple cotton vests... lol.
There was also this... in a 41R, side vents, part cashmere... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

BUT... $350. ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif Guessing because of that interior tag still attached, showing $2985. BAH.

I'd definitely go back and grab this if you like it and it fits. $350 is incredibly reasonable for SP.
post #58387 of 112377

Merry Christmas to all! Finally had the opportunity to open my SS present to a nice surprise.

 

700

 

 

BAM! The first Borrelli in my size! Thanks 46n2!

post #58388 of 112377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

blink0.gif

 

                   Happy Holidays

 

blink0.gif

 

 

Nothing too great, but picked up this pretty awesome Paul Stuart (recent 3 city) shirt. I usually leave these behind as they seem to do even worse then Slim Fit Brooks Brothers shirts (not really sure why) but this one was too cool.


Photobucket

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 

 

 

 

Damn, I would rock the shit out of that PS if my size!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

sorry to again de rail the thread but...

throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.

so do I have your approval?

and again

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

 

Bro, the way I see it, if I give it to you, that's yours to do whatever you want with. But I do think more people are going to agree with you more if you were using them for trade instead of making a profit. Just make sure to give the person you got it from for a heads up aka a courtesy. Believe me, that goes a long way. I've learned the hard way...But hey, we were all a noob once.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post


honestly ive tried thrifting, its pretty impossible in nyc, so mostly sales discount stores this haul cam from a client who basically just gives away stuff hes very well known and runs a large company in the fashion/business world but most of my stuff are thrift prices biggrin.gif

 

Mmmm hmmmm, I dig. Nahmean?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


Merry Christmas Bay Area... This is Harris Tweed at the Milpitas Walmart.

 

Dig! That's my hood. Anyone wants a proxy hit me up! Time to make some karma points!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

massive shout out to the cap!!!

we traded for a prl cotton sportcoat (these things fit me like a glove!) and he sent me an extra super recent bb tie and a pair or monogram cufflinks and tuxedo studs icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

the sportcoat and tie should be perfect for the pebble beach pro am I am going to!

also pictured from trades is a crocodile tralfagar belt from caseyfud and oft seen apcs from barrel, bucks are ebay and shirt is vintage gant "hugger fit" thrifted by me

 

700

 

Dig the preppy look! Dude, gimme a thrift pic with that pull over!

post #58389 of 112377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
and again
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!

i also have acquired many items that either don't fit or just didn't work out. what i personally do depends on how the item was acquired:

item acquired via straight-up trade or cash near fair market value (FMV)
sell, flip, etc, no need to check with person i got the item from. since there wasn't a hookup, no need to feel guilty about maximizing what i get for it. straight-up trades don't count as hookups for the purpose of this analysis, since the item i sent them in return was presumably of approximately equal value

item acquired via hookup (free, cost + shipping, etc)
  • pass the deal along to other thrifters via PM / trade thread OR
  • sell the item on ebay AND split the profit 50/50 with the guy i got the item from.
doing one of these two things when i got hooked up prevents me from gobbling up hookups from others, knowing "hey, i can always flip this item and make some cash if it doesn't fit me." OF COURSE I CAN, SO CAN THE GUY WHO WAS NICE ENOUGH TO HOOK ME UP WITH THE ITEM IN THE FIRST PLACE


note: this is what i personally do, not what everyone must do.
post #58390 of 112377
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Dig, did you open the box? I missed a few days of posts.

post #58391 of 112377
post #58392 of 112377


Thanks, Spoonta!
post #58393 of 112377
uhoh.gif
post #58394 of 112377
lol8[1].gif
post #58395 of 112377

                                                                       1000

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread