Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3891post #58351 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:23pmQuote:honestly ive tried thrifting, its pretty impossible in nyc, so mostly sales discount stores this haul cam from a client who basically just gives away stuff hes very well known and runs a large company in the fashion/business world but most of my stuff are thrift pricespost #58352 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:25pmpost #58353 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:25pmpost #58354 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by eddievddr10Quote:honestly ive tried thrifting, its pretty impossible in nyc, so mostly sales discount stores this haul cam from a client who basically just gives away stuff hes very well known and runs a large company in the fashion/business world but most of my stuff are thrift prices
Where is the 5'6 130lbs CEO... I know he's out there somewhere wanting to give you stuff to sell to mepost #58355 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:35pmpost #58356 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
Nothing too great, but picked up this pretty awesome Paul Stuart (recent 3 city) shirt. I usually leave these behind as they seem to do even worse then Slim Fit Brooks Brothers shirts (not really sure why) but this one was too cool.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If anyone knows someone who can fit this shirt, ITS BIG!!! - PM me and I'll send it off to them . Too nice to leave behind
Tagged Size 19 1/4 - XXLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chest (pit to pit) 33.00"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 24.50"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 27.00"
+1 Happy Holidays to all! I was going to post some finds from out of town but I don't feel like it.
Quote:Originally Posted by SeaJen
Merry Christmas everyone. Big shouts out to Tben, tubs, and SamuelSmith for awesome transactions lately. Huge thanks to the thread regulars for dropping so much knowledge again this year.
This pic contains nothing thrifted, but it is definitely bragging. Mele Kalikimaka!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
SeaJen has hooked me up with some great things. He is a very generous guy. In addition, he also passed along some great life advice. It has been my pleasure getting to know him this year. Again, Happy Holidays to everyone and thanks for a great year of selling and trading me cool stuff and for all of the knowledge. Also, big thanks to spoo! I received a package from him the other day and found a beautiful treasure inside.post #58357 of 13872812/24/12 at 3:08pmpost #58358 of 13872812/24/12 at 3:14pmpost #58359 of 13872812/24/12 at 3:15pmFrohe Weihnachten!
Hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday!
A big thanks to everyone this year that's contributed to this thread. I've had a blast reading through everyone's finds and have gained a lot of insight along the way. A special thanks to everyone with whom I've made trades and gotten to know. I'm happy with everything I've let go and have gotten in return.
I'd also like to thank the heavy-hitters here that take the time to enlighten everyone from beginners to seasoned pros. Brianpore, Capnwes, Spoopoker, Mexicutioner, VLSI, GMMcL, et al. Tonight, we watched Ist das Leben nicht schön? (It's a Wonderful Life) and Kevin, Allein zu Haus (Home Alone). I have the next couple of weeks off from work and will move into our new apartment and make big plans for 2013.
Here's to hoping for big finds in the next year!post #58360 of 13872812/24/12 at 3:18pmpost #58361 of 13872812/24/12 at 3:56pmpost #58362 of 13872812/24/12 at 4:11pmpost #58363 of 13872812/24/12 at 4:15pmpost #58364 of 13872812/24/12 at 4:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ian Erickson
sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
you may if the shirt i sent you is one of thempost #58365 of 13872812/24/12 at 4:37pmQuote:
Perhaps... I'm a tough fit because I have roughly the figure of your avatar.
If taken in at the waist a bit and sleeves shortened, I think it would be right, or at least closer than the next size down.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 39 seconds ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 5 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › JIL SANDER x Uniqlo +J navy blue wool suit Size S and 31 12 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › Leather or rubber soles? 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...