Merry Christmas from a beginner thrifter!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:09 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 9/12/16 at 2:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3890post #58336 of 13872812/24/12 at 9:06ampost #58337 of 13872812/24/12 at 10:42amQuote:some fancy hotel in berkeley I can't remember the name ofQuote:
I wish that were true we saved up for a long time to eat there
ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!post #58338 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:10ampost #58339 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:12ampost #58340 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:20amQuote:Originally Posted by GM-H
Stuff from last week( sorry for the bad pics)
Golden Fleece suit by isaia
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I hate you second most after DM7!post #58341 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:43am
Re: Connections. I get that you find this stuff for steep discounts, but just to clarify, how much of your finds come from places other than sample sales/special invite only clearance events/dowager countess estate sales? Obligatory doyoueventhrift meme photo.post #58342 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:52am
I'm willing to guess he "doesn't even thrift," based on the admitted provenance of the stuff he's posted in the past.Quote:post #58343 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:56ampost #58344 of 13872812/24/12 at 12:08pmpost #58345 of 13872812/24/12 at 12:52pmHappy Holidays everyone! Got an awesome Attolini find to share but I am about to head off for my holiday. Will show finds when I get back in around 2 weeks
On a very positive note, glad to see everyone hitting some nice stuff.
My thoughts of Goodwill:
- I hope Brian finds his epic haul of 36 sizes for himself. He is such a great guy I always feel sorry that stuff emanates from him for others but very little goes back to him due to lack of availability of his sizes.
- I look forward to Spoo and Eddie cleaning the clocks in regards to hauls / consignments of an epic nature.
- DM7 look forward to whatever crazy hauls you so happen to find.
- All friends and cool guys I have dealt with, a virtual beer for you
As for me, my New Years resolution is simple:
Those that have dealt with me over the months will all agree on one thing - I am the laziest most absent minded professor here. I promise to try harder to ship all your packets in future in a much more timely manner. Me naughty like that .post #58346 of 13872812/24/12 at 12:56pmpost #58347 of 13872812/24/12 at 1:02pm
Nothing too great, but picked up this pretty awesome Paul Stuart (recent 3 city) shirt. I usually leave these behind as they seem to do even worse then Slim Fit Brooks Brothers shirts (not really sure why) but this one was too cool.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If anyone knows someone who can fit this shirt, ITS BIG!!! - PM me and I'll send it off to them . Too nice to leave behind
Tagged Size 19 1/4 - XXLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chest (pit to pit) 33.00"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 24.50"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 27.00"post #58348 of 13872812/24/12 at 1:23pmHit up two Bay Area thrifts today to use the $5 off $15 purchase coupon. Almost found some amazing stuff in SF this morning, but the high zoot stuff was too damaged. Still came away with a pair of Santorelli dress slacks (my size), a S/S Lucky Brand shirt, and a flannel shirt from Austria.
At the second location, I came away with a Kangol trilby, an old Harris Tweed tie, and an Orvis navy blazer (44R? -might be available).
Edited by Fueco - 12/24/12 at 4:40pmpost #58349 of 13872812/24/12 at 1:31pmpost #58350 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:15pm
sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 second ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 6 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 10 minutes ago
- › Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...