Merry Christmas from a beginner thrifter!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: Today
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3890
Styleforum Top Picks
I wish that were true we saved up for a long time to eat there
ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Stuff from last week( sorry for the bad pics)
Golden Fleece suit by isaia
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I hate you second most after DM7!
Re: Connections. I get that you find this stuff for steep discounts, but just to clarify, how much of your finds come from places other than sample sales/special invite only clearance events/dowager countess estate sales? Obligatory doyoueventhrift meme photo.
I'm willing to guess he "doesn't even thrift," based on the admitted provenance of the stuff he's posted in the past.
On a very positive note, glad to see everyone hitting some nice stuff.
My thoughts of Goodwill:
- I hope Brian finds his epic haul of 36 sizes for himself. He is such a great guy I always feel sorry that stuff emanates from him for others but very little goes back to him due to lack of availability of his sizes.
- I look forward to Spoo and Eddie cleaning the clocks in regards to hauls / consignments of an epic nature.
- DM7 look forward to whatever crazy hauls you so happen to find.
- All friends and cool guys I have dealt with, a virtual beer for you
As for me, my New Years resolution is simple:
Those that have dealt with me over the months will all agree on one thing - I am the laziest most absent minded professor here. I promise to try harder to ship all your packets in future in a much more timely manner. Me naughty like that .
Nothing too great, but picked up this pretty awesome Paul Stuart (recent 3 city) shirt. I usually leave these behind as they seem to do even worse then Slim Fit Brooks Brothers shirts (not really sure why) but this one was too cool.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If anyone knows someone who can fit this shirt, ITS BIG!!! - PM me and I'll send it off to them . Too nice to leave behind
Tagged Size 19 1/4 - XXL
Chest (pit to pit) 33.00"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 24.50"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 27.00"
At the second location, I came away with a Kangol trilby, an old Harris Tweed tie, and an Orvis navy blazer (44R? -might be available).
Edited by Fueco - 12/24/12 at 4:40pm
sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 5 minutes ago
- › MISTER FREEDOM VESTE OUVRIER METISSE JACKET 97 MEDIUM *GRAIL ITEM* 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › VINTAGE STONE ISLAND NOC-1 JACKET * GRAIL ITEM * L / XL 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories