Merry Christmas from a beginner thrifter!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 5/24/16 at 2:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3890post #58336 of 13872812/24/12 at 9:06ampost #58337 of 13872812/24/12 at 10:42amQuote:some fancy hotel in berkeley I can't remember the name ofQuote:
I wish that were true we saved up for a long time to eat there
ALSO MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!post #58338 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:10ampost #58339 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:12ampost #58340 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:20amQuote:Originally Posted by GM-H
Stuff from last week( sorry for the bad pics)
Golden Fleece suit by isaia
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think I hate you second most after DM7!post #58341 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:43am
Re: Connections. I get that you find this stuff for steep discounts, but just to clarify, how much of your finds come from places other than sample sales/special invite only clearance events/dowager countess estate sales? Obligatory doyoueventhrift meme photo.post #58342 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:52am
I'm willing to guess he "doesn't even thrift," based on the admitted provenance of the stuff he's posted in the past.Quote:post #58343 of 13872812/24/12 at 11:56ampost #58344 of 13872812/24/12 at 12:08pmpost #58345 of 13872812/24/12 at 12:52pmHappy Holidays everyone! Got an awesome Attolini find to share but I am about to head off for my holiday. Will show finds when I get back in around 2 weeks
On a very positive note, glad to see everyone hitting some nice stuff.
My thoughts of Goodwill:
- I hope Brian finds his epic haul of 36 sizes for himself. He is such a great guy I always feel sorry that stuff emanates from him for others but very little goes back to him due to lack of availability of his sizes.
- I look forward to Spoo and Eddie cleaning the clocks in regards to hauls / consignments of an epic nature.
- DM7 look forward to whatever crazy hauls you so happen to find.
- All friends and cool guys I have dealt with, a virtual beer for you
As for me, my New Years resolution is simple:
Those that have dealt with me over the months will all agree on one thing - I am the laziest most absent minded professor here. I promise to try harder to ship all your packets in future in a much more timely manner. Me naughty like that .post #58346 of 13872812/24/12 at 12:56pmpost #58347 of 13872812/24/12 at 1:02pm
Nothing too great, but picked up this pretty awesome Paul Stuart (recent 3 city) shirt. I usually leave these behind as they seem to do even worse then Slim Fit Brooks Brothers shirts (not really sure why) but this one was too cool.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If anyone knows someone who can fit this shirt, ITS BIG!!! - PM me and I'll send it off to them . Too nice to leave behind
Tagged Size 19 1/4 - XXLWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Chest (pit to pit) 33.00"
Shoulder (seam to seam) 24.50"
Arm (shoulder seam to cuff) 27.00"post #58348 of 13872812/24/12 at 1:23pmHit up two Bay Area thrifts today to use the $5 off $15 purchase coupon. Almost found some amazing stuff in SF this morning, but the high zoot stuff was too damaged. Still came away with a pair of Santorelli dress slacks (my size), a S/S Lucky Brand shirt, and a flannel shirt from Austria.
At the second location, I came away with a Kangol trilby, an old Harris Tweed tie, and an Orvis navy blazer (44R? -might be available).
Edited by Fueco - 12/24/12 at 4:40pmpost #58349 of 13872812/24/12 at 1:31pmpost #58350 of 13872812/24/12 at 2:15pm
sorry to again de rail the thread but...
throughout my trades and dealings with all of you I have acquired quite a few nice items (most of them shirts) that just don't quite fit, mostly the sleeves are too short or a couple other problems but I was wondering if you all would be okay with me selling them to afford some modern tailor mtm shirts in a couple staple colors and a couple other items. I didn't trade/buy these from you with the intent of flipping them for a quick profit they just have for one reason or another not panned out. I would hate to upset one of you guys by you browsing eBay and coming upon one of the items you traded with me being sold.
so do I have your approval?
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 10 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 26 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding