Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3875
Styleforum Top Pickspost #58112 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:04pmpost #58113 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:13pmpost #58114 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:15pm
Found a few things, no pics yet.
VTG Big E Levi's jacket...probably mid 60s. Tag is faded, but fits near a 38
Ancient J. Riggins for Sears Mackinaw cruiser-style jacket. The lining has seen better days, but one of the nicer pieces of vintage outerwear I've picked up. No size tag, but again fits like a 38
Two pairs of Zanella Bennett, one of which is LP Super 130s. 31 x 32
Ridiculous Brooks Brothers FU unlined striped seersucker sport coat. 40R
VTG Issey Miyake women's shirt. Medium
Oh, and here's a SW&D thrift fit. Flame on. Admittedly, it is a bad photo.
Cooper down bomber (from rayxlui)
Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme vest (thrifted)
Issey Miyake Men hidden placket button down shirt (thrifted)
Helmut Lang waxed denim (from mainy)
Buttero side zip suede boots (eBay)
Edited by acosbysweater - 12/21/12 at 5:31pmpost #58115 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by Manofstyle85
Maybe I am missing something. Is it a strategy for professional thrifter to look like they have no fashion or style sense at all? specially the ones hunting for luxury high ends goods.
I personally wear a Brioni tux when I thrift to show people what's what.post #58116 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:23pmI wear my white-waxed Naked and Famous jeans and blue suede boots with gum soles...about as douchey as I'm willing to go for Goodwill.
The one time I bumped into Dallas's preeminent man of used cloths, he looked like a homeless person.post #58117 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:26pm
First off, I wanted to give BIG THANKS to Nataku for the shirt. It fits perfectly and looks great, and it's just what I needed. Until I can repay the favour, I'm putting a curse on every Minnesota flipper for ya.Quote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Another thrift fit. Off to X-mas lunch with some people I used to work with.
Everything thrifted or SF acquired except for the shirt. It's Zara Man but the nicest ecru I've seen.
Jacket: Franco Ercole in Brooklyn
Tie: no name knit
PS: no name ivory silk
Denim: LVc 501s (from barrelntrigger)
Shoes: Florsheim (from GMMcL)
Love the top, love the bottom (with a bit less cuff) but together they seem incongruous. Some slacks would have made this fit great.Quote:
Yes - send directly to me.Quote:
So tempted to feed the troll....post #58118 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:26pmpost #58119 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:27pmpost #58120 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:31pmpost #58121 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:40pm
Another one?Quote:Originally Posted by ocooney
Huge thanks to Bytor13 for an awesome secret santa gift....3 sweet and seasonally appropriate tartan ties, a PRL tie with sartorial illustrations that is awesome, Barbour cords and an amazing pair of Cuccinelli cords. Fit pic upon return from the in-laws and a trip to the tailor.
OGreat! I'm glad you liked them. Another big shout out to HANSDERHUND for organizing the Secret Santa!Now for some thrifting for the beginning of my winter break. Only the Filsons are AVAILABLE.post #58122 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:43pm
Surely not?! This guy was the consummate but scummy pro I mentioned earlier, the one who relished in spreading misinformation, using Frenchy-like strong-arm tactics, blockading aisles and deploying decoy ties. He gave me his eBay ID but it didn't check out.
Dude, this is sublime. You look like a different person!post #58123 of 13872812/21/12 at 5:57pmQuote:
Dudes: Did I brag about these yet? I think I intended to but never did. Oh, and look at that: it's still 2012. Cheapies. Eligible.
Zegna blue suede, almost nwob. Keeping. (Click to show)
And these. (Not Cheapie eligible, but still) CrapTon of Brioni, Zegna and Versace ties -- ALL ONE STORE (Click to show)
Aaaaaand these. (Not Cheapie eligible, but still) CrapTon of Jermyn Street and other decent ties -- again, ALL ONE STORE (Click to show)post #58124 of 13872812/21/12 at 6:00pmQuote:
Why? Were you in PA today? Did you see me out? I try to look as misfortunate as possible.post #58125 of 13872812/21/12 at 6:08pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Los Angeles - Tuxedo Shopping 10 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 25 seconds ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 4 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 7 minutes ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...