Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 10:22 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 5/17/16 at 3:17am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 3/31/16 at 1:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3873post #58082 of 13872812/21/12 at 1:21pmThanks for the comments everyone - they're greatly appreciated. I'm trying to step things up a bit in my day-to-day wardrobe.
OMG! I know you weren't fishing but I forgot to mention that the knit tie was one from the package of knits ties you sent me from this summer!Quote:
I use my wife's Panasonic DMC-GF1. She's the photog in the family. As long as I can point, shoot and download, I'm cool.post #58083 of 13872812/21/12 at 1:34pmpost #58084 of 13872812/21/12 at 1:44pmpost #58085 of 13872812/21/12 at 1:49pmpost #58086 of 13872812/21/12 at 1:49pmpost #58087 of 13872812/21/12 at 1:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh
Thanks for the comments everyone - they're greatly appreciated. I'm trying to step things up a bit in my day-to-day wardrobe.
OMG! I know you weren't fishing but I forgot to mention that the knit tie was one from the package of knits ties you sent me from this summer!
I use my wife's Panasonic DMC-GF1. She's the photog in the family. As long as I can point, shoot and download, I'm cool.
Ahh, forgot that there was a burgundy tie in that! Looks great and I'm glad you got some use out of it. I don't remember if there was a navy knit, but if you want one I just left it at a shop the other day. Let me know and I can pick it up for you!
Ooooh, details?!post #58088 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:01pmQuote:
Lol. Figures. Another bridge coat, about half the weight as the one you got.post #58089 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:04pmQuote:I thrifted literally the exact tie as that Ferragamo, but in red. Intended to sell, but ended up just sending it to someone as a free gift.
0 stores hit today, and unlikely any will get hit before the new year.
I gotta shout out to Hans, again, for organizing and managing the Secret Santa. I'm sure it was and remains no small amount of work, but we've all reaped the rewards and fun directly and indirectly.post #58090 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:04pmQuote:
Hahaha, so long as mine fits, I will never get rid of it. I received a compliment on it yesterday. The manager of a company came out and said "That coat fits great! Where could I get one like that?" I said "1950" and he laughed. Can't thank you enough for it!post #58091 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:11pmQuote:
Great find....I found a new pair once. I think they got passed over because they were nice and crispy. I felt like a thief when I paid for them...one of the best thrifting days of my life. Awesome jeans, I love them. I'd have no problem paying full retail for a new pair when the time comes for replacement.
One thing that gets said in this thread often, but gets looked over by many newcomers is the recognition of quality. I'm not a denim head, knowing just a few labels; but recognizing quality allowed me to not hesitate at picking up a few other quality pieces from the same donor; which turned out to be gems as well; Maiden Noir and Raleigh Denim.
I get down looking through this thread as in my area the loads of Brioni, Kiton, and Isaia most likely will never happen for me (based on our regional supply), but every once in a while, the thrift god's send a little encouragement my way.post #58092 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:27pmpost #58093 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:45pmpost #58094 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by concealed
the impetus for the trip, thrifted (normally 17.99/lb) kg of new york strip - on sale at all whole foods, one day onlyWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
Look who I found deep in the heart of a non-LA shop Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:Originally Posted by MZhammer
So I found my first RLPL shirt and had to make a decision quick because I was in a rush and in my excitement I overlooked this faint collar stain that looks to be from a stay. Is anyone familiar with this and is there a remedy?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The method should take care of that.Quote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I thrifted literally the exact tie as that Ferragamo, but in red. Intended to sell, but ended up just sending it to someone as a free gift.
Those look a lot better than when they left here! Amazing how good shoes clean up!
0 stores hit today, and unlikely any will get hit before the new year.
I gotta shout out to Hans, again, for organizing and managing the Secret Santa. I'm sure it was and remains no small amount of work, but we've all reaped the rewards and fun directly and indirectly.
LOL, in red? Damn, I thought mine was ugly enough and you go and beat me by a mile!post #58095 of 13872812/21/12 at 2:53pmQuote:
This makes me think of EazyE. If it's his size. He has a Coogi Museum/Shrine in his apt., you know.
OK Can anyone help an tell me who the hell made these? The purple-on-purple subtle herringbone baby alpaca DB fits me like a glove, sleeve length and everything, and since I have an alpaca fetish it's an automatic instant hit. Really? a PURPLE DB jacket? It has to work. Alpaca!!!!!! With jeans and a black turtleneck. Or something. (Suggestions on what pants to go with this thing quite welcome. Felix the Cat I'm lookn at you!)
Connecticut thrift brethren, you familiar with the label? History? Seem well made, fully lined, not a ton of handwork, union tags in both. The beige houndstooth is a solid 42R, a tad too big for me and not worth the alteration cost but the alpaca...score (in my style universe, which sometimes seems a bit parallel from "SF approved," hahahah, which we all know is akin to the pejorative phrase "politically correct" ).
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Fantasy English Premier League - Stylish Gentlemen returns for 2015-16 13 minutes ago
- › Rancourt Ranger Moc - Brown CXL with RLH sole 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding