or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3860

post #57886 of 109423
I don't see a username attached, so thanks to my secret Secret Santa for the package.
post #57887 of 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Most exciting find of the day though was this - NWT RRL jacket from Spring/Summer1996!!!. Only downside is a pen mark on the sleeve otherwise awesome jacket with an interesting design.




I have used hairspray to remove ink before....
post #57888 of 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiebryant View Post

Aight, here are my finds for ....

 

YESTERDAY...

Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme Trousers in a Rare Size 6 from AW06

 

Cool little pocket and curved seams running down the legs..

 

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Big pockets on the back....

700

 

Label Porn...

700

 

 

 

 

 

 

Filippa K Virgin Wool Sport Coat...

 

Slim Lapels...1-Button Front

700

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Unvented Back with Seams Galore...

700

 

Label Porn...

700

 

 

 

Cool finds.  I'd be all over those Yohji trousers if they were a size 2 or 3...

post #57889 of 109423

Speaking of old Brooks: I saw this shirt on Monday and immediately knew it was old...would love some help dating it, if anyone knows.  Do we have a TyphyoidJones signal?

 

Anyhow, any help dating this would be great.  Unlined collar, tag is definitely different, and it has a higher cut side shirt "tails" (or whatever they're called) than I've seen on other Brooks.  

 

 

1000

 

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

1000

1000

 

 

These ties were also there and I'm pretty sure they were from the same guy.  They have the black caps script BB text, which I'm pretty sure is older.  They're also skinnier and with thinner lining than newer ties...they're probably from near the same era as the shirt since I'm almost positive they're from the same guy.  Any help is appreciated. 

 

 

1000

1000

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

1000

 

 

 

1000

 

 


Edited by AndroFan - 12/19/12 at 10:18am
post #57890 of 109423
Pair of dark brown flat-front J. Press. No size tag (was so hopeful they might fit), by my measurements they are 34x28 (cuffed though, so can be let out). Available.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #57891 of 109423
...
Edited by tubs - 12/19/12 at 12:55pm
post #57892 of 109423

Who has more tweed than Walmart? Ask Dustinmyself, he might know...

 

Harris Tweed 44L

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Harris Tweed - 42L 

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Harris Tweed - 42L

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

 

Harris Tweed - 44R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Harris Tweed - 38R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Harris Tweed - 40R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Orvis Vest - Large (24 p2p)

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Sawyer's Tweed - 40R

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

 

Stetson PTB V Cleats - 8 C

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

 

To Boot New York, Antiqued Loafers - 10 M - TAKEN

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

700

 

700

 


Edited by capnwes - 12/19/12 at 11:33am
post #57893 of 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Speaking of old Brooks: I saw this shirt on Monday and immediately knew it was old...would love some help dating it, if anyone knows.  Do we have a TyphyoidJones signal?

Anyhow, any help dating this would be great.  Unlined collar, tag is definitely different, and it has a higher cut side shirt "tails" (or whatever they're called) than I've seen on other Brooks.  


1000



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

1000


These ties were also there and I'm pretty sure they were from the same guy.  They have the black caps script BB text, which I'm pretty sure is older.  They're also skinnier and with thinner lining than newer ties...they're probably from near the same era as the shirt since I'm almost positive they're from the same guy.  Any help is appreciated. 


1000

1000


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



1000




1000



Early to mid 1970s, I believe. I picked up 10 with an identical label, and the styling seems the same, in the original packaging earlier this year (humblebrag).
post #57894 of 109423

Awesome, thanks for the info!  Is that the ties too, or just the shirt?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post


Early to mid 1970s, I believe. I picked up 10 with an identical label, and the styling seems the same, in the original packaging earlier this year (humblebrag).
post #57895 of 109423

Damn...I can't wait to open my Secret Santa gift from Ocooney, it hasn't moved from it's position under our tree for nearly 3 weeks. Still the only gift under there......

 

2 More Days 

post #57896 of 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Who has more tweed than Walmart? Ask Dustinmyself, he might know...


You know that song, racks on racks on racks?

It was referring to Wes's closet(S)....

Massive amounts of goodness.

The song I was referring to:

post #57897 of 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroFan View Post

Awesome, thanks for the info!  Is that the ties too, or just the shirt?

I can only speak for the shirts, and even then I would wait for confirmation from ThyphoidJones. I'm interested in a date on the ties as well - I've picked up half a dozen over the last few months with similar measurements and the same label.
post #57898 of 109423
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Big eBay $$$

90's RRL does surprisingly poorly on eBay, probably due to the much fuller cuts. I wouldn't make a big deal about it being from the 90s.
post #57899 of 109423

Travelpro Platinum Series Garment Bag in like new condition for $10.

 

 

YES PLEASE biggrin.gif

post #57900 of 109423
More crappy YSL left behind.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Edited by hmmurdock - 12/19/12 at 1:57pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread