Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3857post #57841 of 13872812/18/12 at 5:05pmpost #57842 of 13872812/18/12 at 5:19pmQuote:
magnificent shoes. mcafee's are getting harder to find!post #57843 of 13872812/18/12 at 5:22pmpost #57844 of 13872812/18/12 at 5:28pmpost #57845 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:01pmNot thrifting, but went to the local Marshall's. I like to pop in there once in a blue moon and see what whacky random decent tie makers they have. Usually just PRL and BB (actually almost bought a BB tie there for quite cheap tonight). But today was especially funky. Dumped in (I cleaned up their tie racks for them, public service) amongst the Donald Trump's, Michael Kors, Express, etc, was a Billy Reid (I'd never seen his work before, wool/silk blend so soft), a random Armani Collezoni, and strangest of all 4 Versace (I'd also never seen out in the world before). Hell, 2 of them were wearable enough I would've kopped if they weren't asking $80 a pop.
Versace (Click to show)post #57846 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:08pm
Anyone know if certain "older" Gitman shirts command a premium price or not or a premium in quality?
Found this one today, the first Gitman I have purchased, simply because it came From Muse's in Atlanta (upscale shop close in early 1990s) + it fit and I liked the looks + Indian Madras.
Also picked up something I have wanted for a while. A Lacoste Sweatshirt. Well actually an Izod Lacoste, but great fit for one of my sons. Mint too! (circa 1980's -1992?)post #57847 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:13pm
Marshalls does come to have some strange items. Bought a Versace shirt there yesterday for $60.Quote:Originally Posted by staxringold
Not thrifting, but went to the local Marshall's. I like to pop in there once in a blue moon and see what whacky random decent tie makers they have. Usually just PRL and BB (actually almost bought a BB tie there for quite cheap tonight). But today was especially funky. Dumped in (I cleaned up their tie racks for them, public service) amongst the Donald Trump's, Michael Kors, Express, etc, was a Billy Reid (I'd never seen his work before, wool/silk blend so soft), a random Armani Collezoni, and strangest of all 4 Versace (I'd also never seen out in the world before). Hell, 2 of them were wearable enough I would've kopped if they weren't asking $80 a pop. Versace (Click to show)post #57848 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:20pmpost #57849 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:22pmpost #57850 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:27pmI spent 3 hours thrifting today and got myself
- a RLPL and a Malo polo shirt
- a pair of Gucci driving shoes
- a pair of AE Bradley in black SHELL (my first pair of shells in my own size)
- a recent Zegna 15 mil 15 sportcoat
And the best part - or the worst since it's not in my size :
A Kiton pinstripe suit in 44 R - availablepost #57851 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:32pmQuote:
Is this madras mid-weight cotton or is it light, almost crepe-like? I ask because I have a shirt that looks very similar.post #57852 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:37pmDecent start to the week. There's a Salvation Army about a block from work so I stop in a few times a week on my lunch break.
Saw this and wish it was a medium...XL so passed on it
But did pick up a tartan wool blanket by Ayers Mills in Quebec, Canada and a goretex MEC rain jacket
Went in today at lunch and found a mint pair of Church's Pembrey loafers in chocolate suede with rubber soles. 2 leather inserts ins each shoe so insoles are pristine and obviously wasn't worn much because they were too big for the previous owner. 8G so 9 wide and gifting these to my pops so N/A.
Went out again after work to see if I could find something to pay for everything else and just ended up spending more for me. Patagonia synchilla shell bomber jacket in M which fits me like a glove so N/A
My other rain bucket is cheap tweed from China and as soon as I saw this I grabbed it from under a pile of garbage. Perfect fit.
Living in Canada you can't have enough tuques, especially vintage ones made in Scotland from 100% sexy wool
Finally, I'm typically a Nike dri fit or Patagonia athletic gear guy but have heard a lot about the quality of the Lululemon apparel so when I spotted this full zip I grabbed it. Size large and potentially available.
Solid first impression, no visible branding (only on zipper pull) and supposed to be more durable than any other performance gear (Nike, Adidas, UA etc.)post #57853 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:41pmpost #57854 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:49pmQuote:
It's happened to me twice. First time, the other shoe was in the kids section so it worked out. The second time I tore the store apart and couldn't find it, came back a few days later and they were paired up but the other shoe had a hole in the upper so left it.
As for frequency of finding Chruch's in the wild, not sure why but I've actually found more pairs of Church's (7) than I have AE (2) and Alden's (0) combined.post #57855 of 13872812/18/12 at 6:50pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX - Japanese Denim & More (Iron Heart,... 13 seconds ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 16 seconds ago
- › SCHOTT NYC G1 Leather Bomber Jacket 50 seconds ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 16 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...