Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on Yesterday at 10:25 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 11/2/15 at 2:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
Last edited: 11/27/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3857
Styleforum Top Picks
magnificent shoes. mcafee's are getting harder to find!
Versace (Click to show)
Anyone know if certain "older" Gitman shirts command a premium price or not or a premium in quality?
Found this one today, the first Gitman I have purchased, simply because it came From Muse's in Atlanta (upscale shop close in early 1990s) + it fit and I liked the looks + Indian Madras.
Also picked up something I have wanted for a while. A Lacoste Sweatshirt. Well actually an Izod Lacoste, but great fit for one of my sons. Mint too! (circa 1980's -1992?)
Marshalls does come to have some strange items. Bought a Versace shirt there yesterday for $60.
Not thrifting, but went to the local Marshall's. I like to pop in there once in a blue moon and see what whacky random decent tie makers they have. Usually just PRL and BB (actually almost bought a BB tie there for quite cheap tonight). But today was especially funky. Dumped in (I cleaned up their tie racks for them, public service) amongst the Donald Trump's, Michael Kors, Express, etc, was a Billy Reid (I'd never seen his work before, wool/silk blend so soft), a random Armani Collezoni, and strangest of all 4 Versace (I'd also never seen out in the world before). Hell, 2 of them were wearable enough I would've kopped if they weren't asking $80 a pop. Versace (Click to show)
- a RLPL and a Malo polo shirt
- a pair of Gucci driving shoes
- a pair of AE Bradley in black SHELL (my first pair of shells in my own size)
- a recent Zegna 15 mil 15 sportcoat
And the best part - or the worst since it's not in my size :
A Kiton pinstripe suit in 44 R - available
Is this madras mid-weight cotton or is it light, almost crepe-like? I ask because I have a shirt that looks very similar.
Saw this and wish it was a medium...XL so passed on it
But did pick up a tartan wool blanket by Ayers Mills in Quebec, Canada and a goretex MEC rain jacket
Went in today at lunch and found a mint pair of Church's Pembrey loafers in chocolate suede with rubber soles. 2 leather inserts ins each shoe so insoles are pristine and obviously wasn't worn much because they were too big for the previous owner. 8G so 9 wide and gifting these to my pops so N/A.
Went out again after work to see if I could find something to pay for everything else and just ended up spending more for me. Patagonia synchilla shell bomber jacket in M which fits me like a glove so N/A
My other rain bucket is cheap tweed from China and as soon as I saw this I grabbed it from under a pile of garbage. Perfect fit.
Living in Canada you can't have enough tuques, especially vintage ones made in Scotland from 100% sexy wool
Finally, I'm typically a Nike dri fit or Patagonia athletic gear guy but have heard a lot about the quality of the Lululemon apparel so when I spotted this full zip I grabbed it. Size large and potentially available.
Solid first impression, no visible branding (only on zipper pull) and supposed to be more durable than any other performance gear (Nike, Adidas, UA etc.)
It's happened to me twice. First time, the other shoe was in the kids section so it worked out. The second time I tore the store apart and couldn't find it, came back a few days later and they were paired up but the other shoe had a hole in the upper so left it.
As for frequency of finding Chruch's in the wild, not sure why but I've actually found more pairs of Church's (7) than I have AE (2) and Alden's (0) combined.
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Doctor Who 24 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 55 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recommended OTC wool sock brands 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories