or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3854

post #57796 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post

Here's the Gucci tuxedo from yesterday, any idea if it's authentic? or just terrible? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



details: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


oh and took a flyer on this:

The Gucci is totally real and legit. Tag indicates Zegna made.

Tom Ford era piece as well and this one is not too old, probably early 2000's at best guess (before 2004 though).

Totally nice find, if it has pants, all the better.
post #57797 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt73106 View Post

How it works at all of the Goodwills that I have shopped is that the 50% off color starts on Sunday. On Friday and Saturday the residual sale color items are started to be removed to be resold as bulk clothing to either be resold to other thrift operators or exported, usually to Africa, or Asia. So if you want to get the best deals on the 50% off stuff shop on Sunday or early in the week.

If you are really interested in how Goodwill is operated, check out this link. The US Department of Labor provides Goodwill Industries with waivers that they do not have to comply with minimum wage laws. With all of the Union haters focusing on Walmart, why not a focus on Goodwill Industries?

http://watchdog.org/56129/fl-florida-goodwill-six-figures-for-ceos-less-than-minimum-wage-for-some-employees/

They don't have to pay minimum wage to the developmentally disabled folks who work in sheltered workshops who would otherwise have nothing to do with their days. Otherwise, no. Let's be clear.
post #57798 of 110264
Nvm, repost.
post #57799 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

The jackets are constructed in China. This outsourcing, combined with Haggis' decision to offer only 4 colours of the most conservative (Herringbone) pattern and a price that was as stiff as the appearance is probably what killed sales at retail. This Wal-Mart find however is magnificent. Every man should have a herringbone sport coat in his wardrobe anyway, so whoever scoops these up has reason to celebrate. Well done. I would have purchased one of each myself at this price.

Depends, of course, on fit. I've found HT on clearance from JAB for as little as $30, but excessive shoulder padding made most of them useless.
post #57800 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post


The Gucci is totally real and legit. Tag indicates Zegna made.
Tom Ford era piece as well and this one is not too old, probably early 2000's at best guess (before 2004 though).
Totally nice find, if it has pants, all the better.


I'd like to think that high end tuxes are worth a damn, but I've continually reduced a Brioni tuxedo I have listed.  I'm all the way down to $250 BIN from my initial head-in-the-clouds BIN of $1,500.  Turns out there aren't many 46 Ls buying tuxedos this time of year...

post #57801 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

The Gucci is totally real and legit. Tag indicates Zegna made.
Tom Ford era piece as well and this one is not too old, probably early 2000's at best guess (before 2004 though).
Totally nice find, if it has pants, all the better.
\

Thanks for the help everyone, I searched the store high and low for pants, kid's, women's, dressing rooms.
Oh well, honestly half the fun was finding something new and interesting.
post #57802 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by acosbysweater View Post


I'd like to think that high end tuxes are worth a damn, but I've oocontinually reduced a Brioni tuxedo I have listed.  I'm all the way down to $250 BIN from my initial head-in-the-clouds BIN of $1,500.  Turns out there aren't many 46 Ls buying tuxedos this time of year...

Seems to me tuxs are seasonal...really who wants to get married at tbe end of December. If it was me me i'd hold it until late winter/ early spring and try to sell then. Of course I'm about three glasses of wine into the evening so take my advice at your risk.
post #57803 of 110264
Talking about tuxes. Getting married in June. Fiance got her dress today. I'm on the lookout for a nice tux.
post #57804 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomore View Post

Talking about tuxes. Getting married in June. Fiance got her dress today. I'm on the lookout for a nice tux.

 

Congratulations, man. I hope all goes well on the day of.

post #57805 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmurdock View Post

Of course I'm about three glasses of wine into the evening so take my advice at your risk.

Two Buck Chuck?
post #57806 of 110264
I got an italian made tux from Rugby last week for <300. Pants for $60 at the polo outlet in nashville, jacket online during a sale
post #57807 of 110264
Stuff from the past week. All available. Lemme know if you want more pictures.

Fred Perry Harrington. Size L.




Arc'Teryx Polartec. Size L (slim).




Patagonia Fleece. Slim M. (picture suuuucks, looks better in person).



Saks 5th Avenue 100% Cashmere sweater. Made in England. XL.



Land's End 100% Cashmere sweater. Size L.



Steven Alan Flannel. Size S.



Brooks Brothers blue OCBD. Size L.



Orvis cotton button down. Size L.



Brooks Brothers Brooksease button down. Size L.



Belvest blue herringbone dress shirt. 19.5/49.



Brooks Bros Milano flat front chocolate cords. 36 x 31



Brooks Bros Hudson Advantage Chino. 100% cotton (heavy) Flat front. 36 x 32



Incotex chinos. Double pleated. Cotton/wool blend. 38 x 32



NWT Fabio Inghirami ("Ingram") pants. Vitale Barberis Super 110. Flat front, super slim (think Mabitex or slimmer Incontex) 37 x unhemmed. Underrated brand here.



NWT C.P. Company. Made in Italy. Super lightweight, nicely styled. Flat front. 36 x 34.5

post #57808 of 110264

Yesterday, I rushed through my local GW and picked up a couple of pairs of Zanella trousers only to get them home and find moth and wear damage. Today, I went back and returned them, along with the fake Zegna tie that I bought. I raided the pants section and found three pairs of Zanellas that fit me well enough, and the price was right. Two of them seem to be barely (if at all) worn. The other shows signs of some wearing, but is still in excellent condition.

 

 They all have tags from Saks 5th Avenue, two are Bennetts and I'm not sure about the other one (no model name is listed on the tag). Perhaps it's an orphan? Still seems nice enough to my admittedly untrained eye. I also picked a San Francisco Giants Flat Cap (not being one to wear standard ball caps much, this one made me happy), so I can cheer on my favorite team in style.

 

 

700

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

post #57809 of 110264

Zegna tie. Real?

 

Doesn't seem as awesome as I would suspect given the brands reputation around here.

 

 

700

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

700

post #57810 of 110264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Yesterday, I rushed through my local GW and picked up a couple of pairs of Zanella trousers only to get them home and find moth and wear damage. Today, I went back and returned them, along with the fake Zegna tie that I bought. I raided the pants section and found three pairs of Zanellas that fit me well enough, and the price was right. Two of them seem to be barely (if at all) worn. The other shows signs of some wearing, but is still in excellent condition.

 They all have tags from Saks 5th Avenue, two are Bennetts and I'm not sure about the other one (no model name is listed on the tag). Perhaps it's an orphan? Still seems nice enough to my admittedly untrained eye. I also picked a San Francisco Giants Flat Cap (not being one to wear standard ball caps much, this one made me happy), so I can cheer on my favorite team in style.


Redemption! I still haven't found any flat front Zanella out in the wild yet, lucky you. I feel the same about some Zegna ties that I come across from time to time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread