I pmed JefferyD but if I don't get a response I will test drive the D70 and the prime lens I just ebayed -thanks for all the responses to camera query btw- :
1. Buttonholes handsewn or not, buttons
2. Sleeves, surgeon cuffs? Handsewn? Hand basted?
3. Pockets and tags, Handsewn? Anything special?
4. Collar: turn back what did they use for backing, handsewn?
5. Take the lining out, see how it was attached
6. Examine the canvassing, handwork
7. Examine how the shoulders are attached, how the panels are attached
Anything I am missing?
Well, I know what I'm doing tonight.
(I assume the Brioni, though it seems recent [right?], is beyond saving. There are 10 mothholes on the sleeves and back. But if any 42 Ls want the gray windowpane SC before it goes under the knife ...)
Edited by ATLjon - 12/17/12 at 11:12am