FTFY.....this is the thrift thread after all
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 2/10/16 at 5:52pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 10/12/15 at 4:40pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 2/6/16 at 10:19am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Men's clothes & shoes sizes--- Why are there so few Mediums 42R & 10.5 - 11 shoes? Last post on 10/8/15 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3845post #57661 of 13872812/16/12 at 5:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #57662 of 13872812/16/12 at 5:34pmpost #57663 of 13872812/16/12 at 5:46pmpost #57664 of 13872812/16/12 at 6:14pmpost #57665 of 13872812/16/12 at 6:29pmpost #57666 of 13872812/16/12 at 6:55pmpost #57667 of 13872812/16/12 at 6:59pmAre these shirts still desirable to the SF set?:
Ermenegildo *Su Misura* (Large-ish)
Corneliani Made in Italy (15, 39)
I couldn't remember whether Su Misura was neutral, a step up, or Italian for *your misery*.
ALSO: Big shout-outs to mainy and VLSI for the hook-ups...post #57668 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:00pmpost #57669 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:02pmpost #57670 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:02pmI also grabbed an awesome (I shit you not) vintage Tommy Hilfiger red chambray shirt. Stay with me, here: it's got MOP buttons and sewn-in tags indicating a Nieman Marcus exclusive (LOL). I figure it must be from the late 80's, when Hilfiger was a hot new name?post #57671 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:06pmpost #57672 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:11pmQuote:
Please post photos when you can. MOP buttons on TH items would be cool to see.post #57673 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:19pmpost #57674 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by hucklecat
My Goodwill rant. Goodwill of North Georgia on Saturday removes all the items that are scheduled for the 50% off color of the week and puts them in the back room. Takes a bit of the fun out of bargain shopping. The Goodwills still provide daily entertainment, got a Howard Miller Grandfather clock for $50.00 a couple of weeks back, pretty much perfect condition. And yet the people that price their items ask $50 for a Chinese Prada.
You sure about that? I occasionally find items with the color of the week, granted these could have been missed. But, it seems like a lot of work for not much gain considering we are talking about items that have been on the shelves for four weeks taking up space and not selling. Or maybe you are only referring to the larger high retail items?post #57675 of 13872812/16/12 at 7:53pmQuote:
Those frames were actually made by Luxottica, who owns Oliver Peoples. Luxottica has almost a monopoly in the high end sunglass / eyeglass production and distribution. (LensCrafters, Pearle Vision and Sunglass Hut, and it has the license to run both Target Optical and Sears Optical. They may own SEE as well.) But they take various production models and scrub the brand from them for various house brands. Google Oliver Peoples Cocos and check out the images - Very similar to yours.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Harrington Jacket 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?