or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3841

post #57601 of 117807
Can someone do me a favor. I'm out if town browsing on my phone and am having a tough time finding a post from a few weeks back. It was a link to a dudes site about the history of the banana republic labels. I remember someone posted that the guy needed to get a hobby.

Anyway if someone could quote it here for me I would appreciate it.
post #57602 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Can someone do me a favor. I'm out if town browsing on my phone and am having a tough time finding a post from a few weeks back. It was a link to a dudes site about the history of the banana republic labels. I remember someone posted that the guy needed to get a hobby.
Anyway if someone could quote it here for me I would appreciate it.

That was me (with the hobby comment). Here you go:

http://scottcadams.com/bananarepublic/?p=962
post #57603 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Can someone do me a favor. I'm out if town browsing on my phone and am having a tough time finding a post from a few weeks back. It was a link to a dudes site about the history of the banana republic labels. I remember someone posted that the guy needed to get a hobby.
Anyway if someone could quote it here for me I would appreciate it.


This the link you were looking for?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post


hmm. looks like you're right, but for the wrong reason. the 54023 RN number was in use during the "old" era:
however, SWB's particular tag is from the early 90's:
http://scottcadams.com/bananarepublic/?p=962
post #57604 of 117807
Thanks guys. That's the one. The label in question is not as old as I thought, but I'm grabbing it anyway.
post #57605 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicutioner View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1G8RR.jpg

yeahhhh buddy loro piana super 160's, isaia made.
[/SPOILER]

i don't doubt that isaia made stuff for daniel cremieux. but i will send you $5 paypal if that isn't a hartmarx jacket. can't imagine why isaia would go to the trouble of making the internal stitching look juuuuust like hartmarx internal stitching.

either way, DC w/ LP 160s fabric is nice. but based on that pic (and without having seen the maker tag, a picture of which can easily prove me wrong and make you $5 richer), i think that particular jacket is hartmarx-made, not isaia.

+1 any other tags???

post #57606 of 117807
Dear thrifting comrades,
Here is another little thing I've found this last year—at an estate sale, however, not a thrift shop—that I have not managed to pull off all year, and so I'm making, errmm, supernumerary. (I mean available, shog[1].gifspam[1].gif!) Double-breasted chocolate flannel Zegna with light-blue chalkstripes (Click to show)






A beautiful eccentric brown flannel from Zegna's MTM programme, double-breasted with thick, bellied lapels and beautiful light-brown buttons. Toasty and heavy, with all the proper bells and whistles. Wear it in the city pretending you just came back from your country estate where you still wear brown flannel for some reason. Spectacular!

Shoulders: 18"
sleeves: 26"+1.25 of extra material, working cuffs
chest: 21"
BOC: 30"
waist on jacket: 19"

trous:
double pleats+suspender buttons

waist: 32"+1.25"
inseam: 31.5"+2.25"+1.75" cuffs

Details: Cupro Bemberg lining, side-vented, working cuffs, pick-stitching for a pinch of rusticity
post #57607 of 117807

Haven't been out in a long time.  Stumbled across these when I went briefly to look for something else.  All 9 1/2 3E.

 

Alden

400

 

Allen Edmonds

400

 

Allen Edmonds

400

post #57608 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

+1 any other tags???


I have one of these suits.  I'll go snap a pic.

400

post #57609 of 117807
Thrift fit from church this AM for the benefit of secret santa Mox C, who sent the tie and pocket square. Apologies for the slop on the collar (one in one out), this was after services, a trip to the store, and kid wrangling in and out of car. One one hand, shoulda checked myself in a mirror before I wrecked myself. OTOH, this represents real life, I'm not one of those SF catalog model wannabes who like the wistful looks sitting by the seaside hahahahaha. I is what I is.





  • jacket: Hugo Boss (Loro Piana wool/cashmere) thrifted
  • shirt: Red Camel (WTF is that? Only seen it this once, does it go with a dep't store? I like the shirt, it's OK) thrifted
  • tie: J Crew wool
  • pocket square: hand rolled Italian of some stripe
  • sweater vest: BB merino, outlet
  • pants: lined unbranded thick wool micro-houndstooth, must have gone with an ancient suit, thrifted
  • shoes: Vintage split toe Nettleton alligator, which I seem to wear for every fit pic (not on purpose), ebay
  • sox: Shoulda worn Mox C's pantherellas he sent instead of these (meh)
post #57610 of 117807
been crazy busy, but highlights as promised (these are already out of my hands) all nwt from discount store last year or so season-wise
about 150 new in bags folded up shirts only brioni isaia kiton drakes and zegna,price between 30 and 50 a piece (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
ovadia and sons shirts and blazers 125 jackets 25 for shirts
25 thom browne shirts and pants $25 to 50 each
60 pairs of incotex and brioni all new mostly wools between 35 and 50
margiela dress pants 30 each
ties all about 20 a piece or less about 100 ties and bow ties ranging from kiton brioni alexander olch bbbf lanvin (the couture line) drakes e. tautz zegna burberry prorsum thom browne etc (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
e. tautz car coats 3 pieces like 100 each
10 zegna dress pants 35 a piece
3 isaia cashmere blazers 125 a piece
balmain military distressed shirt 45 dollas
lanvin couture shirts 35 dollas
margiela black laceups classic shoes 100 dollas
ann demuelemeester boots 3 pieces 120 dollas
yohji yammamoto mainline 4 pairs shoes and boots 100 dollas
boglioli sick peacoat 100 dollas
rlpl pants and cashmere sweaters 50 dollas
rlbl suits 180 dollas
bbbf suits like 10 for 165 dollas
michael bastian suits for 180 dollas
cucinelli pants 50 dollas\
cucinelli cashmere blazer 180 dollas
and on and on and on
the rest escapes me at the moment

the coup de grace a kiton half cashmere blazer for 40 dolla? holla!
post #57611 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post

Today I saw this...

400
 ... and, lo, discovered that my SS is the estimable and long-time forum member cpmac7 ...
Inside was a VERY cool Canali tie ... icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

400
  400
  400


... and three great shirts as well ...

1000


So this Secret Santa thing was a great idea, Hansderhund!  nod%5B1%5D.gif

With gratitude and hopes for a very Merry Christmas to you, cpmac7,

Randy

Randy Glad you enjoyed it! Tis the season.

I received some amazing gifs from Troika, you are a stand up guy and I hope everyone has a happy holidays! nod[1].gif
post #57612 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

been crazy busy, but highlights as promised (these are already out of my hands) all nwt from discount store last year or so season-wise
about 150 new in bags folded up shirts only brioni isaia kiton drakes and zegna,price between 30 and 50 a piece (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
ovadia and sons shirts and blazers 125 jackets 25 for shirts
25 thom browne shirts and pants $25 to 50 each
60 pairs of incotex and brioni all new mostly wools between 35 and 50
margiela dress pants 30 each
ties all about 20 a piece or less about 100 ties and bow ties ranging from kiton brioni alexander olch bbbf lanvin (the couture line) drakes e. tautz zegna burberry prorsum thom browne etc (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
e. tautz car coats 3 pieces like 100 each
10 zegna dress pants 35 a piece
3 isaia cashmere blazers 125 a piece
balmain military distressed shirt 45 dollas
lanvin couture shirts 35 dollas
margiela black laceups classic shoes 100 dollas
ann demuelemeester boots 3 pieces 120 dollas
yohji yammamoto mainline 4 pairs shoes and boots 100 dollas
boglioli sick peacoat 100 dollas
rlpl pants and cashmere sweaters 50 dollas
rlbl suits 180 dollas
bbbf suits like 10 for 165 dollas
michael bastian suits for 180 dollas
cucinelli pants 50 dollas\
cucinelli cashmere blazer 180 dollas
and on and on and on
the rest escapes me at the moment
the coup de grace a kiton half cashmere blazer for 40 dolla? holla!

You are the east coast typed version of Ian Erickson.
post #57613 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmurdock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

One of the biggest damn thing's I've bought in a thrift store(that wasn't a barn) but even XXXL think it will fit in my car just fine.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

FTFY

haha, true true... I wish this damn thing fit. It's pretty awesome and in great condition. Why no xxxs shog[1].gif

 

Photobucket

post #57614 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by workthatwedo View Post

Haven't been out in a long time.  Stumbled across these when I went briefly to look for something else.  All 9 1/2 3E.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Alden
400


Allen Edmonds
400
Allen Edmonds
400

Edit: Nvm, those are Maxfields
Edited by plei89 - 12/16/12 at 10:42am
post #57615 of 117807
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

been crazy busy, but highlights as promised (these are already out of my hands) all nwt from discount store last year or so season-wise Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
about 150 new in bags folded up shirts only brioni isaia kiton drakes and zegna,price between 30 and 50 a piece (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
ovadia and sons shirts and blazers 125 jackets 25 for shirts
25 thom browne shirts and pants $25 to 50 each
60 pairs of incotex and brioni all new mostly wools between 35 and 50
margiela dress pants 30 each
ties all about 20 a piece or less about 100 ties and bow ties ranging from kiton brioni alexander olch bbbf lanvin (the couture line) drakes e. tautz zegna burberry prorsum thom browne etc (left behind etro canali armani black label and the ilk)
e. tautz car coats 3 pieces like 100 each
10 zegna dress pants 35 a piece
3 isaia cashmere blazers 125 a piece
balmain military distressed shirt 45 dollas
lanvin couture shirts 35 dollas
margiela black laceups classic shoes 100 dollas
ann demuelemeester boots 3 pieces 120 dollas
yohji yammamoto mainline 4 pairs shoes and boots 100 dollas
boglioli sick peacoat 100 dollas
rlpl pants and cashmere sweaters 50 dollas
rlbl suits 180 dollas
bbbf suits like 10 for 165 dollas
michael bastian suits for 180 dollas
cucinelli pants 50 dollas\
cucinelli cashmere blazer 180 dollas
and on and on and on
the rest escapes me at the moment
the coup de grace a kiton half cashmere blazer for 40 dolla? holla![

wow.gifwow.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread