Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 12/6/16 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 12/1/16 at 1:57pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3833post #57482 of 13872812/15/12 at 9:48ampost #57483 of 13872812/15/12 at 9:48amQuote:
+1 Queen with the mustache-O!
-1 queen with the inbred blood linepost #57484 of 13872812/15/12 at 9:50ampost #57485 of 13872812/15/12 at 9:51ampost #57486 of 13872812/15/12 at 10:29ampost #57487 of 13872812/15/12 at 10:29ampost #57488 of 13872812/15/12 at 11:20ampost #57489 of 13872812/15/12 at 11:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Klobber
Absolutely true. If you see a high end MC branded pair of jeans, run for the hills man. I mean this as well, not being snarky. Very few of these brands make nice looking jeans. Kiton = awful, Borrelli = terrible, Cucinelli = grandad jeans, Zegna = sucks, I could go on and on............. Enjoyed your observation, I can finally get this monkey off my back thinking I was the only one
+1. Awful. Had no idea Cucinelli made an attempt at jeans.Quote:Originally Posted by Orgetorix
Thrift fit from a '20s themed party last night. My outfit all thrifted or ebayed except the tie and the collar, IIRC. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love it! Very well put together!
Hard to tell, but does this have the hood too? I've only found one or two down parkas with the original optional hoods still attached. Many times people didn't opt to purchase them or if they did, they were lost many years ago.Quote:
Yup, pretty much. The stuff from the early 70's and prior is pretty good but can be hard to tell to the untrained eye. Basically if you have any doubts on Gant and wouldn't wear it yourself, pass. The stuff from the 80's and 90's sucked. Pretty easy to tell by styling.
Whaaaa....post #57490 of 13872812/15/12 at 11:31ampost #57491 of 13872812/15/12 at 11:40ampost #57492 of 13872812/15/12 at 12:19pmQuote:
Thanks! Got them at a local vintage/consignment store, so basically thrifted.Quote:
Thanks guys!post #57493 of 13872812/15/12 at 12:23pm
Went all over the city yesterday. Still working on a list of wardrobe basics I'm working on, but now with more of an eye on anything I can sell on eBay to put towards new staples I am having no luck finding in stores (like shoes, other than a pair of Johnston & Murphy's I'm coming up pretty dry in my size.)
With that in mind I found a LEGO Vikings chess set that apparently retails for $130, paid $30:
Into the shoe fund it goes.
For myself I didn't really find too much, a NWT Brooks Brothers tie:
On to stuff I found that I can't use, I found this orphan and grabbed it anyway. Rookie mistake?
Brooks Bros. Madison 38r, available:
Donna Karen Signature made in Italy. I know DKNY is lower end, so I took a chance here. Is DK Signature an older line? Unworn, pockets still sewn shut. 40r 33 pants. Available
London Fog leather jacket, not sure if these are worth anything really, but it's in great shape. I might keep it.
Finally, the nicest thing I've found so far. New looking Canali, kind of weird because one pocket is still sewn shut, other pockets still have uncut threads: 38r jacket, 32/31 pants. I'm not thrilled about selling something this decent on eBay, so I'll make it available for a couple of days if anyone is interested.post #57494 of 13872812/15/12 at 12:28pmI know some of us are from southern Connecticut, and southwestern Connecticut. I actually have a mug on my desk in the office from that architectural wreck but excellent diner The Blue Colony.
Our house here, with 2 kids in elementary school, has been rocked by yesterday's events like nothing else since 9/11. I just want to say I'm thinking & praying for all of you with kids/relatives/any rooting interest. I cannot effing bring myself to explain it to my kids, and I cannot imagine you folks in that area trying to make sense of it.
Don't want to talk about guns. Just...sympathies.
Also, if I'm wearing the ultra-baller (or hideous, depending on your perspective) 1960s fat wool Kmart shirt I got today at the SA that somehow has survived in very good condition...am I hipster or anti-hipster? Can't figure it out. I'm sort of at...if I had a PAbst in my hand, hipster. If not, just a jamoke.post #57495 of 13872812/15/12 at 12:42pm
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 53 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › What is this called? 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 6 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 11 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos "Donegal" Nailhead Wool Field Jacket 36R 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...